• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Sheik Community Walkthrough, Move #5: N Air, Sex Kick***

Villi

Smash Lord
I like it against characters I'm not afraid will escape it between hits, after ftilt. The trajectory is generally easy to chase, does more damage than fair and is faster than nair.

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
U-tilt has been failing me lately due to the fact that if the first hit is blocked it can actually be very punishable. I prefer doing 2 or 3 F-tilt locks and then either grabbing or d-tilting for spacing. Another thing that works is an f-tilt to a (A/A/down/F-tilt repeat)

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
IDK that much about U-Tilt.

I do know that at low percents it is pretty good for a grab set up. I find that this combo is really good:

D-Tilt spacing> U-Tilt> Grab

I also know that it is a good follow up for F-Tilt lock.

Sorry... I couldn't be much help. -_-

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Obviously amazing for platform pokes, good sudo anti-air for characters with low priority options. out side of that I only use it out of ftilt.

I don't think this move really needs to be explored much everyone really understands it's hit boxes and how to lead into it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Ryoko is right. I think using this IRL would be the ideal scenario for Sheik mains.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
U Tilt has a pending section with it's summary.

Move #4 is F Tilt.

Discuss...

I personally believe this move's ok. I haven't really found anything to use after one F Tilt though.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
ftilt shieks... best move?

Sets up for kills (Usmash, nair, uair), crazy fast, best range of her tilts and also the fastest (ending). Not shield poking with it though and it is just slow enough for it to be unreliable shield pressure so watch out for crap OoS like grabs and aerials and stuff...

I hope this is over soon.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You use this attack either a ****ton or barely at all. Being wishy-washy and going in between is only going to give you the worst of both worlds.

You either want to use it at all times to maintain proper decay for comboing into dsmash, aerials, and eventually the usmash, or you want to only use it as a quick launch when your grab wouldn't reach. Obviously it's best to abuse the hell out of the move, but if you don't then using it and not making the most of it will give you nothing good - too far to combo with, but too close to get a launch off of.

Make your decisions based on character matchup, btw. I completely understand if you only use a few ftilts against, say, Marth, but don't apply that same decision to Fox or Wolf, please. Yes, situational edgeguard gimp setups are **** against Wolf, but getting a guaranteed KO off the top with a hit-confirm off of a 5-frame attack from 40% is just as ****, if not more.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Nah, don't feel like it.
lol

I say it is very useful. Between the lock and other combo's that it can produce. I would say it is one of her best moves.

Ankoku pretty much covered it. However I'll add this little tid bit.

If you grab the opponent and pummel him it will line him up for a f-tilt upon release. So the combo is. grab> pummel> grounded grab release> f-tilt> grab (repeat)
WARNING!!!!!! THIS IS NOT A TRUE COMBO AND IS ONLY GOOD AS A MIX UP!!!!!

Tristan_win

Not dead.
lol

I say it is very useful. Between the lock and other combo's that it can produce. I would say it is one of her best moves.

Ankoku pretty much covered it. However I'll add this little tid bit.

If you grab the opponent and pummel him it will line him up for a f-tilt upon release. So the combo is. grab> pummel> grounded grab release> f-tilt> grab (repeat)
WARNING!!!!!! THIS IS NOT A TRUE COMBO AND IS ONLY GOOD AS A MIX UP!!!!!
And doesn't not work on everyone(LUIGI) and can be beaten by a 2 frame or 4 frame jab fairly easily

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Yes, though Fortress has invincibility frame 1-5 and hitbox 6, so he actually has a really good response to it.

*Edit* Yes, this works on Ness and Lucas because they have 40 frames upon release instead of 30. On the other end of the spectrum, don't EVER do this on DK, because he only has 20 frames.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
This works on Ness. I forgot if it works on Lucas.

btw, nice sig Saviorslegacy :).

Villi

Smash Lord
ftilts lead to good damage opportunities. land like 3-4 combos based on ftilt and you're probably good to go for an up smash kill with maybe a jab or chargedish needles for good measure. or you could go backwards/full circle -- get some aerial and grabs in and use them as setups for ftilts. if you're in a pinch because you haven't used enough ftilts but racked up a lot of damage so you can't really do anymore damaging combos if you want an up smash set up, you might be able to do some ftilt juggles while crossing under them or walking away and back into more ftilts. after 3 or 4 in a row, you might be able to catch them with an ftilt to up smash.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
The range on this move is not too shabby either, using ftilt for defensive purposes to stop ranged SH aerials isn't a bad option as well.

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
The range on this move is not too shabby either, using ftilt for defensive purposes to stop ranged SH aerials isn't a bad option as well.
I've done this quite a lot to cancel some approach, and follow up with a jab canceled something, or a grab. You just need to be careful and make sure that the attack you're defending against doesn't have more priority than the tilt - then you're in for a bit of trouble.

Mew.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Can we talk about nair next? I just found out so neat things about it.

EDIT:
that said we should post up damage as well as frame data.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Nair is neat! It has two different sets of hit boxes. Her front leg deals 13 damage fresh, and just behind her, that curled leg deals 10. these are both the sweet numbers. the rear has a little bit of a lower knock back and slightly lower angle that in front of her.
When sour the front does roughly 5 and the rear does about 4 the front is about horizontal knock back, and the back seems to go at a negative angle.

decent kill move out of ftilt when you are close to an edge. The high knock back and angle don't set up well for follow ups or easy edge guards (versus most) sour reverse nair > sour bair for edge guarding as far as knock back (lower angle). I believe priority is similar in the two as well.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
It's not extremely practical, but the sour is a good approach that leads into a grab or DACUS if it connects. But like I said, it's kinda tough to connect with it as an approach. Use it sparingly and it can work though :)

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Two posts a move discussion does not make.

I won't be posting much for around the next month, I've got numerous exams which are in desperate need of cramming, including some imminent Latin, so yeah, hope you guys enjoy a break from the BS.

I made a funny.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Yeah nair!

SO I've been playing a little more and actually trying to use nair to kill now. I also firmly believe nair OOS is probablly sheik's best OOS option espeacially when your opponent is at high percents. full jump nair is really safe OOS and can punish hard; give you room to charge, transform, prepare for edge gaurds, or... just breath and think.

That said nair is still not that great of a kill move. It's doesn't kill at 140 like people would have you believe. The move gives you opponent alot of room to DI up and that greatly extends their life expectency against the move. Fresh fair kills at lower percents than fresh nair for me.

clowsui

Smash Legend
nair is pretty awesome
weak nair setups are somewhat situational...which is sad because weak nair is very useful
but strong nair has its uses too! especially OOS, where you get lovely strong kb and a retreating attack
nair should be largely used for defensive purposes imo...unless you want to exploit an airdodge habit and do this out of ftilt lock

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I have such a hard time connecting with this move that I sometimes abandon it altogether. Granted all my experience is WiFi experience, but the range is just so small it's hard to sweetspot.

Guess it's time to rummage through videos for some good n-airs.

Note: I'm not saying it's a bad move and that it is hard to connect, I'm saying that I PERSONALLY find it hard.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Well Sinking it's a frame 2 move so I strongly recommend that you implement it into your gameplay someway, somehow. OoS it is fantastic as has already been mentioned.......I like to keep it fresh for a great KO move at very high percents.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Actually it hits on frame 3. I measured wrong the first time.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Nair is good for edge guarding. Make sure you do a rising one off the ledge, or else you can make it hard on yourself to make it back to the ledge or get ledge hogged.

Rog~er

Smash Apprentice
doesn't matter... i would understand if n-air frames end sooner than f-air but it doesn't, so there has to be another reason besides frame data. maybe weird properties?

Top Bottom