• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Sheik Community Walkthrough, Move #5: N Air, Sex Kick***

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Sheik Community Walkthrough

This thread is dedicated solely to the total and complete coverage of the character Sheik, every metagame facet, so that we might find a better understanding of her by pooling our perspectives together and develop her as a character. This can then cater to future Sheiks, considering we don't actually have a guide for her (I think we're the only board, primitive ain't we).

This is a community walkthrough. This means I am not the sole creator of this guide, I write the summaries and form the guide itself. The actual information is contributed from anyone and everyone who posts in this thread. The structure of it is, I give a topic to discuss, posters contribute their thoughts on it and I write up a summary, giving important details and referencing the posts discussing the topic. This gets everyone's view point and creates a more detailed, more balanced guide.

What this means is, every time you post in this topic, you are making a contribution to the guide. So I ask that you take some responsibility and don't make ill informed, stupid or otherwise rudimentary posts. I will flat out ignore some posters if I find their posts fit this description so it's been a waste of your time posting it. If you're dubious of whether you fall into this category or not, I recommend:
A Guide to Posting Intelligently by Fear Dragon64
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5740739#post5740739
"Post because you have something to say, not because you have to say something."

I would also request you don't discuss anything else pertaining to Sheik other then the topic I have currently to discuss in the OP, otherwise it defeats the purpose of the thread.

When Sheik's entire moveset has been discussed and summarised, then we'll move onto other facets of the metagame e.g. playstyle, character specific gimping, AT Discussion and Utility etc. I want this to develop into a very up to date, intelligent, all encompassing guide to Sheik and I need your help.

~~~~~~~~~~​

A, Jab

Discussion of this move pertains to all uses and forms of the jab e.g. jab cancel, rapid jabs etc.
Jab--------------------Second Jab----------------Rapid Jabs
HIT: 2-----------------HIT: 16---------------------HIT: 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 51
END: 20 <17>-------END: 33 <24>------------END: 55

Sheik's jab is decent all round, but is sadly neglected because of the omnipotent F Tilt. However, because of this moves sheer speed it still has uses. The single jab comes out frame 2, making it the fastest ground option (except ZSS' and Squirtle's jab) in the game and coming out the same frame as a shield. This of course opens up huge possibilities, if you're within jab range of your opponent (which is decent, and in fact outranges some grab ranges) and they aren't shielding you're going to hit them. Every other jab attribute is decent, in priority, range and damage (relative to other jabs).

For followups, the jab or second jab can be basically mixed up into anything. Full hop N Air, F Tilt, Grab and even D Tilt for a shield poke are all viable options. N Air comes out frame 2 and if you hit the shield then you're safe from punishment. F Tilt of course comes out frame 4 and...is F Tilt. D Tilt can leave you unshieldgrabbable to some characters, is easier to jab cancel into and can shield poke. Grab of course goes through shields, which is a common reaction to the jabs and leaves your opponent with very limited options.

Jab Flurry is situational at best. If you're using it on stage then you should have a better option. However, Jab Flurry IS good when:
1. Using it against a wall, basically stopping your opponent from DIing away and forcing them to DI upwards, which causes more damage and gives you a better chance of not being punished in cooldown.
2. When your opponent is off the stage and you are jab flurrying them on the edge. In this case it is possible to DI away from the rapid jabs but it forces them into a disadvantageous position.
In any other place you are better jab cancelling into something else, because on stage a decent opponent should SDI out and punish you, taking minimal damage whilst you're still jabbing, though after the last flurry jab there are only four frames of cooldown.

PENDING TESTING

- How many frames of hitstun does the jab, second jab and flurry all have (as well as if the flurry's hitstun vary between rapid jabs).
- What effect does pressing down on the control stick have after both the first and second jab, how many frames does it cut off cooldown.

Posts of Jab Discussion: Post #4 - #43

~~~~~~~~~~​

D Tilt, Ground Sweep

HIT: 5
END: 29

D Tilt is mediocre, primarily because any time you'd use it, there's usually a better option. Coming out frame 5, it's still a quick move (it's easy to forget how quick frame 5 is when relative to other Sheik moves) but ending at frame 29, it's fatal flaw is in it's punishability on cooldown. There are however ways to lessen this punishability, one strange aspect of the move being it's large hitbox at the end of the foot, making it pseudo-disjointed and difficult to punish on shield. Connection to shield becomes rarer still because of the height of the move, making it a semi-effective shield stabber. You can also crawl backwards with this move and create a minor form of spacing (credit RyokoYaksa).

The fact that this is Sheik's immediate option out of crawl and allows her to stay low to the ground during the entire move also gives this move unique situations where it works over F Tilt. The duck can keep Sheik completely safe from some aerial hitboxes e.g. DDD's B Air, meaning D Tilt can situationally work very effectively as an anti-air move. This same property can actually make it a good followup out of F Tilt lock against some near instant aerials e.g. Luigi's N Air. The crouching motion also makes it easy to use out of jab cancel (one of it's best uses).

Upon contact, D Tilt has a good knockback trajectory, reasonably vertical and quite weak. This allows the D Tilt a decent followup from virtually any percentage. At low to middle percentages, D Tilt can situationally (under the correct decay and enemy percent) combo into itself and lead into any other ground option, though F Tilt will almost always be your most rewarding. At higher percentages, D Tilt becomes quite easy to follow up with F/N/U Air, it's not unescapable but you can always bait the airdodge if they react, infact if they do anything other then double jump immediately you can punish it.

Posts of D Tilt Discussion: Post #44 - #74

~~~~~~~~~~​

U Tilt, Split Leg Kick

HIT: 5, 25
END: 40 <35>

U Tilt is decent, but it's held back by an inherent flaw. The move has two distinct hits, the second of which often misses unless you space it optimally. This is only worsened if you're playing someone with good reactions, who's DI will lessen it's chance of hitting moreso, though this becomes less pronounced the larger the character. This double hitting feature also leaves it punishable on shield (well, so is virtually every move in Brawl, but it's more apparent). Every other aspect of U Tilt is great however. It's Sheik's most damaging tilt, dont lose sight of the fact it's still very quick, comparing it relatively to Sheik's moveset is potentially misleading. It has a large hitbox with decent priority, its vertical range being particularly notable.

This makes it both a good anti-aerial move (character dependant) and it finds use as a platform "poker", if you want a quick option which hits through the platform (other alternatives are F Tilt and U Smash, but U Smash is slower and F Tilt only works on certain characters due to feet position). U Tilt in the lower percentages has a good trajectory for follow ups e.g. walk to F Tilt, but it's utility for "comboing" is lessened significantly the higher the damage. Because of U Tilt's good damage and speed, it often finds its primary use in an F Tilt lock ender, being faster then N Air (jump frames) and doing good damage. When using it for this purpose, remember you can manipulate your opponent's position during the F Tilt so you can put it in the space which is most likely to double hit.

PENDING TESTING

- How many frames does the opponent have out of hitstun between the first and second hit. It's already known that it's at least one frame: http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=JP&hl=ja&v=f-lfiS_PeVA

Posts of U Tilt Discussion: Post #75 - #87

~~~~~~~~~~​

F Tilt, B0rked Sweep

Ankoku's thread on responses to all DI whilst using F Tilt:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199888

HIT: 5
END: 24 <21>

F Tilt is Sheik's best move and not even by a small margin. Every aspect of it is good. It's range covers a wide area in front of her with good reach (note, outranges your grab, consider it therefore OOS) making F Tilt a good anti aerial move along with U Tilt and as a general defensive manouver, it has the lowest cooldown of all Sheik's tilts, it hits frame 5, but above all else is it's knockback.

Dependant on character fall speed, their percentage, your opponent's DI and the F Tilt's decay, F Tilt always has a response of some form. Putting two and two together with the low cooldown, low knockback and fast speed, Sheik can chain F Tilts in an F Tilt lock. F Tilt in the right circumstances (these aren't that specific) combo's into itself for an extended number of moves. Think of it as a CG, but it's easier to hit with. When your opponent eventually can DI out, dependant on how they did it, Sheik has a number of F Tilt lock finishers (usually N Air, U Tilt, grab, D Smash or U Smash). Another slightly less reliable option is jabs, which will "bring down" the person for an F Tilt again, the jab can be SDI'd away but it comes out so fast it's not likely.Without certain decay, characters with very fast attacks have responses e.g. Marth and Bowser's frame 1 invincibility B Up's, but it will still true combo in the right circumstances. If the decay's not right, it's best to finish these early (around two F Tilts). Here's a good explanation of F Tilt's decay dependant on matchup.
You use this attack either a ****ton or barely at all. Being wishy-washy and going in between is only going to give you the worst of both worlds.
You either want to use it at all times to maintain proper decay for comboing into dsmash, aerials, and eventually the usmash, or you want to only use it as a quick launch when your grab wouldn't reach. Obviously it's best to abuse the hell out of the move, but if you don't then using it and not making the most of it will give you nothing good - too far to combo with, but too close to get a launch off of.
Make your decisions based on character matchup, btw. I completely understand if you only use a few ftilts against, say, Marth, but don't apply that same decision to Fox or Wolf, please. Yes, situational edgeguard gimp setups are **** against Wolf, but getting a guaranteed KO off the top with a hit-confirm off of a 5-frame attack from 40% is just as ****, if not more.
The last sentence is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHeaLSnaFqI, which happens because of their fall speed.
The other very important aspect of this move is that it can lead, under the correct circumstances. directly into the tipper U Smash on all characters. Because of this, played correctly, Sheik doesn't have a killing problem whatsoever, in fact she's good at it.

Posts of F Tilt Discussion: Post #88 - #105

~~~~~~~~~~​

N Air, Sex Kick

HIT: 2
END: 44 {31}
LAND: 15

Discuss...

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Reserved for later discussion.

~~~Notes~~~​

I will improve the OP's introduction because it's most likely self indulgent and the general presentation of the post, like the messed up frame data format (wtf lol).
Thanks to Ankoku for providing the frame data.
Apologies to Voyeur for me shamelessly stealing his spinning gems.
For reference to how this guide will looks as it develops, see my similar Bowser Moveset Discussion thread
http://www.smashbrawl.com/showthread.php?t=213135

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Most likely an unnecessary reserve, but seeing as I hope this topic covers basically everything, including if something comes up in the future, it can't hurt.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
It's not Zero Suit Samus' or Snakes jabs but Sheik's get the job done. I don't often use the rapid jabs, and most times if I do it's because I didn't cancel the first two correctly. 3% Completely Fresh, 1% Fully Staled [That's a guess don't quote me on it].

Sheik's jabs work well for her because they lead into the tilts [forward tilt and down tilt] nicely. Seeing as how Sheik builds damage pretty well, jabs are a great way to start.

Does sheik have a jab lock? I know the first two jabs push her forward...

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
Sheik's A button attack isn't something I think necessarily should be looked at as an option for DPS (damage per second) but a great wall buff.

@ AAA-Rapid Jabs: Anything that is approached by it most certainly and normally gets canceled out, from Pikachu's jolts to Sonic's dash attack. So it serves as this other option to Rolling or Power Shielding because as soon as your Jabs are canceled, you may immediately pick up with another attack. You can also stand a more firm ground and combine it with needle camping because you're able to nullify their efforts, but they may not be so lucky to stop needle storm. You won't get baited as easily if you learn to use it as a wall buff.

It brings an intense mix up of variety to the Ftilt-Lock game because some characters can get out of it around the 2nd or 3rd Ftilt but if you foresee that, you may easily set them up to be bombarded by a nice barrage of Rapid Jabs to get up to 30-40%
And yes a few F-tilts to a successful Jab lock can work nicely, A-A down repeat.

If you're looking for an opening to really use this as an assault then there are levels such as Corneria; The back surface of the Great Fox's Fin or against any wall in general, where you can lock a character (preferably a large one) to rack up some high damage before they can DI or SDI properly out of it. Another opening for that same tactic is when a character finds themself ever so off the edge in the air where your Jabs may reach, in which you can take full advantage of and lock them because they can no longer tech off of anything and are forced to retreat further back in the air from the stage where you can follow up with some edge guarding.

Going back to the wall buff, it some times cancels attempts of UP-Bs or Side-B recoveries and may get you a gimp. It also allows you to deflect Snake's missile for a given time and cancel both of Samus'. Actually the Jabs cancel most if not all other characters projectiles, except charged ones

(p.s. it's cool you used the Goron's Ruby, there are better substitute bulletins I'm sure and I added this to my catalog thread. Hopefully it grows)

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I love Shiek's jab combo, personally. It comes out quick, like most jabs do, and it turns into a wall combo, which is always a plus. While it isn't really good for damage, it goes well into combos like jab combo to Fsmash.

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
It think it's a good way of getting 10 or 15 damage in on someone, especially if they're at too high of a percentage for an Ftilt lock but are too low to waste a fresh Dsmash, Usmash, or Nair. Especially if they've got bad DI or bad priority, usually you can rack up a good amount of damage before they can punish.

Also, as east said, they lead well into other other attacks. Against characters like Mario who have a limited Ftilt lock, a mixup of Ftilt>jab>jab>Dtilt/Dsmash/Ftilt-repeat works well.

Anyone else know of some good jab combos or tricksies?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Are we talking about Jab or jab lock here? Or are they one and the same under this title?

I've found that if you break the jab lock before they escape they'll be still trying to escape while you follow up with SHf-air > f-tilt lock. A grab is a little more... simple, but hey, sometimes it works.

I tend not to jab or jab cancel all that much. Mostly it's a sort of acquired instinct, but I don't see the use for it.

Perhaps I should watch some of Ankoku's vids. I know he uses it often.

Afterall, he is the Sheik Grand Master.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
hum i like to throw jab out when somone is spaming a normal A attack because it usaly is balance so they cancel each other out and they usaly dont expect the quick stop giving you a small advantage on folow up moves i usaly just jab then keep pressing A so when it cancels out i can just go into multi jab because usaly thats a good way to put on damage. not to mention that her jab comes out pretty quick

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
A(Jab)-is pretty useless

AA(Jabs)-not the greatest but...

Jab-Lock(Jab>Down>Jab>Jab>Down)- can go into a semi like state lock if you get the timing down I believe

AAA(Rapid Jabs)-lets look at the cons since getting in bad habit with the A button and
finding yourself continuing to do the Jabs will get you easily punished. Try at best to avoid situations where you're going to get stuck doing this attack and use only when it's going to reward you or where you can easily cancel out of it and escape from any attack coming your way.

If you don't you're usually stuck doing them just long enough to get punished

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
Using the Rapid Jabs to get that small lock before they DI can be used also to make your opponent get hit by stage hazards. e.g. the incomming wall of lava on Norfair or if they're at the right height for lasers of Arwings or in coming lasers on the platforms of Corneria.

Even if it's for that brief moment, your goal isn't to get damage racked up from the Jabs themselves but to buy time for them to get hit by that hazard which pays off nicely; for more damage or maybe even a KO

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
i thought you guys meant jab lock by like the combat walking thingy that link and squirtle and whatever can do. my bad
from my experience of trying it you have to Jab+down+Jab/Jab+down and repeat, it doesn't work the same as the others like Sonic or Mario and Samus.
And it's only worked on some of the larger cast members. But you can get it going on Snake I think even if he's standing up with out having to get them in the laying down animation first.

demodemo

Smash Ace
from my experience of trying it you have to Jab+down+Jab/Jab+down and repeat, it doesn't work the same as the others like Sonic or Mario and Samus.
And it's only worked on some of the larger cast members. But you can get it going on Snake I think even if he's standing up with out having to get them in the laying down animation first.
woah really? haha, if you could film a video that'd be pretty interesting to see

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Wow, I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I think Sheiks jabs are very good and probably one of the most under-utilized parts of her moveset. Any attack that comes out on frame 2 you should be taking advantage of. Sheiks' jabs have good range for a jab and pretty good priority.

I actually am a big fan of Sheiks jab canceling mixups. Jab>jab>full hop nair is really good. If they happen to shield the jabs you can use two and then hit them with a crossover bair or a quick RAR spaced bair. Something i've been looking into recently is jabbing twice on someones shield, walking away a short distance, and pulling out the chain for a possible chainlock.

Jabs are also very good for shield pressure. Some characters simply can not punish you if your out of their grab range and your mixing up your jab game. If I hit my opponents shield with an ftilt, using two jabs immediately after is fantastic against a shield. Like Chok said you can also jab to dash grab A LOT.

I remember back when Gimpy used to play he would jab cancel in the middle of an ftilt lock using single jabs and it would bring the more floatier characters back down for a couple more ftilts. I have no idea if this is meaningful at all but it may be something to look into.

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
woah really? haha, if you could film a video that'd be pretty interesting to see
I'll try to, let me ask around on some advice for video capturing and uploading, I've never done any of that but I'd love to. I'll keep working on it and testing it as well, to make sure it's just not me tripping balls.

side note: I'll also upload 'reverse crawl dashing' and Full Hop to Chain Jacket, if I can do it.

edit: and I agree on it being a very useful technique along with Marsulas, just look at the other posts I made.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
to me what u follow up jabs with is most important and something i could work on...of course sometimes that means taking a defensive route not necessarily an attack

Flamingo

Smash Lord
I can usually rack up some pretty high damage to opponents with the jab flurry... I use it as opposed to jab cancel->grab, although the grab is a safer option. I would say which to use is character dependant though.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
jab comes out just as fast as shield does so a lot of the time jab is the better defensive option just because of it's range and speed.
I use it to pressure shields on characters with bad grab ranges after a fair connects on a shield since it is so fast and has such low lag.

I've been looking into [fair/bair -> jab -> jab-> dtilt shield poke] for a while.

jab flurries aren't half bad on a lot of the cast, but I avoid it most of the time since you are stuck in it for so long and can be punished if they smash out quickly and aren't a bad char.

Now I have a question, what is the shield stun for her jabs (in frames)?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Sheik rapid AAA if spaced correctly can hit people who are hang off the ledge while also being able to stop below 100% get up attack.

Getting a opponent in a rapid AAA combo off the side of the stage usual means they will try to Di though sheik, fail, and then correctly di out. If they seem to have used up their jump follow it up with a aerial is recommended for at least the trade off taking their up B hit. (within reason, it's not like at that range your going to beat meta knight up B or anything)

doing two jabs into a crouch cancel makes sheik move forward, causing her to do a combat walk. Fairly decent thing to know if you are apply shield pressure on the back part of someone shield(or even the front) as you can at times step yourself closer into standing grab range.

Interrupter, reading someone jump, dash grab, or whatever and then interrupting it with a jab can cause people to get surprise and leave themselves open for a four frame attack such as the dsmash or ftilt. A way I use the jab fairly often is if I plan to use the dsmash I'll do a quick jab before dsmashing. It's not too escapable so I like to depend upon it.

Doing such things as jab jab, dtilt can be a reliable shield pressure tool as sheik can duck under their grab and then punish/shield poke (Character dependent)

The jab is decent, decent speed, decent priority and so on when compared to other jabs in the game. The hit stun of the jab wouldn't surprise me to be like only +1 frame in are favor if that. I'm fairly sure landing one jab means a guaranteed 2nd so it's wise to go for the extra damage unless you don't want to give your opponent more time to react.

Well I got to shower up now for school if I think of anything else I would use the jab combo or single for I'll edit.

Oh I just remembered a thread of mine!

For some characters Sheik force ground break out of grab does not send them out of jabbing distance(or ftilt for that matter) so it's possible if they are not holding shield already to quickly get in a jab or two. This isn't guaranteed since the jab and the shield come out at the same speed but it's still good to know. I would think force ground breaking someone into a AAA combo then the next time you grab them or even later doing a dash grab instead would be a effective mindgame.

Here's the list.
Mario
Link
Kirby
Luigi
Meta knight
Ivysaur
Charizard
**** Nana! Ice climbers
Lucario
Ness
Bowser
Wario no surprise if you grab Wario he’s your *****, jab, grab, or whatever it’s in range
Toon Link
ROB
Olimar

edit2: I have a bit of free time before my class so I'll add something.

Whenever I get someone in the AAA combo I always end it early before my opponent can escape. The reason for this so I can control what happens next and not my opponent. By ending it early and doing something as simple as holding down shield while you wait for your cool down to end you become are very capable of avoiding the common punishment.

edit3: I wrote more then I thought I would. I doubt I'll be adding anything else.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Our awesome thread starter said:
Discussion of this move pertains to all uses and forms of the jab e.g. jab cancel, rapid jabs etc.
Jab--------------------Second Jab----------------Rapid Jabs
HIT: 2-----------------HIT: 16---------------------HIT: 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 51
END: 20 <17>-------END: 33 <24>------------END: 55
Well looking at this and assuming that these hits actually combo we know the...

first jab should have 14+ frames of hit stun
the second should have 13+
though these may be dependent on your opponents damage. I'd test it but... I don't really care.....

so that means...

first jab gives you (14+)-15 frames for your advantage.
second jab gives you (13+)-8 frames for your advantage.
The choice is obvious; on hit jab jab is a true combo into pretty much any tilt and of course back into jab. period.

pointing out the obvious is so easy and useful!

Villi

Smash Lord
Well looking at this and assuming that these hits actually combo we know the...

first jab should have 14+ frames of hit stun
the second should have 13+
though these may be dependent on your opponents damage. I'd test it but... I don't really care.....

so that means...

first jab gives you (14+)-15 frames for your advantage.
second jab gives you (13+)-8 frames for your advantage.
The choice is obvious; on hit jab jab is a true combo into pretty much any tilt and of course back into jab. period.

pointing out the obvious is so easy and useful!
I never noticed that double jab into ftilt comes out faster than rapid jabs. xD Buut... I've been hit out of double jab cancels before. It's probably percent dependant.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
If Ankoku's data is correct and double jab to F Tilt does indeed come out quicker, wouldn't that render rapid jabs obsolete?

Granted this is under a frame perfect pretence.

Also, it would be greatly appreciated if someone tested the hitstun of the first and second jab, whether they combo together into rapid jab, what effect does percentage have on this etc. My Wii is in for repair, otherwise I would do it myself.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
it would be ******** if a single jab had more cool down then what it gives in hit stun so I'm still going to cling to my idea that sheik get's a +1 frame advantage for a single jab or at least 0 advantage.

and I'm basing that on nothing more then hoping the developers aren't stupid. >_> ~stares at tripping~

Anyways to do something like a Jab, Jab, Ftilt we would need to crouch in between the 2nd jab and ftilt. I really don't have a good idea many frames it takes to crouch with sheik but it could sway the numbers.

Someone please look into the frame data.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I LOVE Sheik's frame traps.
Jab 2 to throw is classic.
Jab 1 to forward tilt to back air is awesome.
Too many to list.
Sheik as so many options, its baffling, although some more effective than others, the fact that she is in control is down right hot.

I actually gimped someone with frame traps.

Villi

Smash Lord
Rapid jabs still have a situational use and they end 4 frames after the last hitbox? Not bad. + Pokemon Stadium wall kindof-infinites.

I distinctly remember a couple of times when a Sheik friend double jab to grabbed my Peach. It launched me into the air a teensy bit and I was unable to mash out a nair before he was able to grab me. It definitely can have a usable amount of hitstun.

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
@Tristan: I think storm92 is using homebrew to help us get Sheik's frames down to the key. If not I can always try to download the program and I'll work on it later. Or maybe Flamingo can if he gets it to get Brawl+

I think we got a lot of what Sheik's Jab(s) are capable of.
Start off to combos, good ender or link to another chain hit, cancels projectiles and other attacks, like dash attacks. Any more that people could think of?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I think we've covered all the jab's uses, however I need to know the jab's hitstun and how long a jab cancel takes into F Tilt etc. before we can update, considering these could drastically effect our use of the move.

Voyeur

Smash Journeyman
awesome then. Is there any way to determine the exact hitstun of moves then? or would that be racked up to Frame data as well.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
We should use the Smash Researchers, they are usually pretty good at this, right? Also, Kupo is all like the Moses of Brawl+ and hacking... he might be able to help.

TO BLISTERINGSPEED:

LOLZ @ FOXTROT!!!!!!!!~~~~~!!!!!!!!!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
bump.

yeah hitstun is formula based, so pretty much the higher percent/ less decayed the move, the longer the hit stun. I can't get jab->jab to combo well at lower percents it works amazing at higher percents or if the characters is airborne and lacks fast aerials, otherwise I meet a shield most of the time.

Thats true for thrid jab too though, they'll shield my third jab as well pretty often at lower percents.

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
Maybe take a leaf out of Lucario's book and try Jab>Jab>Grab (they do Force Palm, but whatever). I have no idea if it'll work, and since I don't ever have access to anything but CPU's (yeah, I suck) which have super ghey reflexes I won't really be able to test it well. Still, it sounds good in theory, no?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Double jab to grab is super awesome, Chok is a particular fan of it.

I'll update this tomorrow with the summary and a pending testing section, because we need to find out all this frame data eventually. If you have any last thing to add, do it now.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
In those matchups where landing a grab guarantees you a tipper(MK, Wario), jab to grab becomes a pretty decent frame trap.

Jab surprisingly has decent range as well.

One thing I wish all Sheik mains would take note of though is to never use rapid jabs.......they're really never worth it.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
When you guys say jab->jab->what ever. I'm assuming crouching after the second jab is implied. The grab after the jabs might not work as well if you don't.

Top Bottom