• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

***Sheik Community Walkthrough, Move #5: N Air, Sex Kick***

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
doesn't matter... i would understand if n-air frames end sooner than f-air but it doesn't, so there has to be another reason besides frame data. maybe weird properties?
This is how DI works:

You angle yourself
You use a low frame move
You fast fall

They are just simply using a low frame move. As far as I know a sex kick doesn't have a special property.

Rog~er

Smash Apprentice
no, is the end frames that count. the sooner the move ends the faster you regain momentum and in this case f-air is clearly the better choice...

Neutral Air
HIT: 2
END: 44 {31}
LAND: 15

Forward Air
HIT: 5
END: 28 {14}
LAND: 15

i think you have to go catch up on some reading...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
This is how DI works:

You angle yourself
You use a low frame move
You fast fall

They are just simply using a low frame move. As far as I know a sex kick doesn't have a special property.
The bolded part is the only thing you got right.

Rog~er

Smash Apprentice
i'm not asking on how to properly recover. im asking for the reason as to why these sheiks are using n-air to break out of hitstun instead of f-air...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's probably just a habit they have. As far as I can tell there is no advantage to using nair over fair for the purposes of momentum canceling.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
DI itself just means Direction Influence. It refers to how you affect the angle of launch when you get hit by an attack. The other two are part of momentum canceling. The most efficient form of it is to 1. use an aerial that ends early so that you can do something else (like double jump) as soon as possible, 2. fastfall, if needed, since you can fastfall as long as you're not in hitstun, tumble, or airdodge, and 3. double jump, if needed, as the most effective method of canceling horizontal momentum in exchange for sending you upward more.

saviorslegacy

DI itself just means Direction Influence. It refers to how you affect the angle of launch when you get hit by an attack. The other two are part of momentum canceling. The most efficient form of it is to 1. use an aerial that ends early so that you can do something else (like double jump) as soon as possible, 2. fastfall, if needed, since you can fastfall as long as you're not in hitstun, tumble, or airdodge, and 3. double jump, if needed, as the most effective method of canceling horizontal momentum in exchange for sending you upward more.
slang nazi <,<

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Now that everyone has had a lesson in DI, is there anyone else that would like to say something about the Neutral Air? I'm working on something, and I'm kinda using this thread as one of my resources. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but if Blistering isn't posting here, then someone needs to keep it moving. If there is nothing else anyone would like to add, then can we move on to the Up Air

saviorslegacy

Now that everyone has had a lesson in DI, is there anyone else that would like to say something about the Neutral Air? I'm working on something, and I'm kinda using this thread as one of my resources. I don't mean to hijack the thread, but if Blistering isn't posting here, then someone needs to keep it moving. If there is nothing else anyone would like to add, then can we move on to the Up Air
Uhhhhhhh...

Nair is a jab lock
Nair is a good combo starter if hit with the weak part.
Nair can kill off stage.
Nair auto cancels.
Nair can momentum stop.
You can space with Nair.
Nair is a good f-tilt lock finisher.

That is all you can do. Now onto Uair:

Uair has a good hit box above you.
Uair can be canceled like thunder stomp.
Uair is a good finisher from the f-tilt lock.
You can punish and an air dodge by using a canceled Uair into a f-tilt.

That is all you can do with Uair.

kk.. next move.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you summed up uair in 4 lines.

half of the nair stuff you posted is untrue or very situational.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
great uses for nair

1. after ftilt
2. shield pressure. very low fast falled nair -> jab
3. soft nair to ftilt
4. ko

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I beileve it is time bassed (at uair)

On nair. I've been having an easier time killing with the back of nair since you can't influence direction as much and it naturally sends people at a much lower angle.

Top Bottom