• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
@ SurPr15e SurPr15e you seem like a nice guy and all. but...

I PUBLICLY CHALLENGE YOU TO A $10 DOLLAR MONEY MATCH IN EVERY GAME BO5 MID TIERS ONLY FINAL DESTINATION. GONNA GET BOPPED M8.
If I have enough money considering the amount of people that challenged me or I have challenged, I'll see. Going to have to start saving up money unless you accept bank transfer.

Hughie

Smash Lad
A mid-tier MM would be pretty boring unless you're actually decent with the character, because all we're gonna see is scrubbiness

Last edited:

Hughie

Smash Lad
Dude just because they're your mains doesn't mean you're good with them

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Wait Vlade's actually one of the Perthians coming to this? Wa lao eh! GOOD TIMES!

@ Corpsecreate Corpsecreate you gotta handle the idea that anyone coming from Perth is gonna represent their state on a skill level basis. If Chappos is the dude putting his callouts forward then his performance is gonna influence how the EC view Perth. It's common human practice get around it ;)

@ Chappos Chappos : just to clarify are you blanket cancelling my $10 MM? At $10 it's the smallest MM, because like you, I am also a uni student.

dissapointed that PCG was backing Redact for $10 and me for only $5 in P:M.
**** makes no sense

Any closure from organisers on the rulesets? I'm sure Out-of-Staters would like to begin practicing with 3 stock ASAP in the event that it gets confirmed right?

Last edited:

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
@ Chappos Chappos : just to clarify are you blanket cancelling my $10 MM? At $10 it's the smallest MM, because like you, I am also a uni student.
I already accepted your MM not thinking of the possibility of being challenged by others, so I'll follow through with my MM with you.

But yeah, for now it looks like it will just be you and Redact.

Last edited:

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Wait Vlade's actually one of the Perthians coming to this? Wa lao eh! GOOD TIMES!

@ Corpsecreate Corpsecreate you gotta handle the idea that anyone coming from Perth is gonna represent their state on a skill level basis. If Chappos is the dude putting his callouts forward then his performance is gonna influence how the EC view Perth. It's common human practice get around it ;)
Yeah yeah I know ;P I'm pretty confident in my bro Chappos, he beat me twice today and took a tourney off me coming from 2 sets not long ago :p

Also, wth Splice. Your in uni already :p I remember when u were just a youngling :p

Last edited:

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I love how every time this individual named Perth goes to an Eastern Tournament it turns into a fest of **** talk.

Never change, this is just too amusing.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I think it's because this Perth guy seems to start **** talking every time he comes over, like he needs to prove something to everyone :/

Splice

Smash Hero
and Elton a.k.a. skillskillfiretruck is Perth's hidden boss right? 4realz

Last edited:

sundowns

Smash Rookie
I'm down to expose perthies. $5?
You got it buddy.

Also about the ruleset, I think I speak for the Perth scene at least when I say we would much rather 4 stock PM, even if its at the expense of the number of Bo5 sets. Would be much more comfortable for everyone imo.

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
do bo3 for everything cept Winners Final, Losers Final and Grand Final then and have 4 stock that's an ez solution, if people want to go through the effort of comprehending and applying flex sets that'd be better though.

I'll MM any interstater in Melee for $10 or less, and anyone from Perth in P:M since I'm interested in how ya's play.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
friday nights is probably crew battles...
but maybe instead a very special smash tournament...

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
Very special smash tourney? maybe nintendo was like, lawl we should make them play smash 4. if so i love whoever came up with that idea. or its PSABR cause that is just smash but crap.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Very special smash tourney? maybe nintendo was like, lawl we should make them play smash 4. if so i love whoever came up with that idea. or its PSABR cause that is just smash but crap.
PSABR doesn't even compare/come close to Smash. It's just a piece of crap. PSABR is certainly NOT smash. A complete cheap ripoff.

Basty

Smash Ace
Thats what i meant. Honestly if you try not to compare it to smash it isn't that bad. then you compare and as you said a piece of crap. inb4 sony makes a sequel.

When will the schedule be released? and also asking for a friend. are spectator passes something you have to buy at the door?

Vlade

Social Outcast
do bo3 for everything cept Winners Final, Losers Final and Grand Final then and have 4 stock that's an ez solution, if people want to go through the effort of comprehending and applying flex sets that'd be better though.

I'll MM any interstater in Melee for $10 or less, and anyone from Perth in P:M since I'm interested in how ya's play.
THIS. Also streamtime for PM really doesn't matter. As long as it's recorded so there's proof of who's better ^^

kelots

Smash Cadet
hey guys, is there any info on how the tourney will be run available? i saw the stuff about 3stock in PM and Bo3 etc,but wondering if there is any more info, e.g. will pools be round robin or brackets, how does seeding work etc

With seeding, should we feed into this with the guys from NZ? or is there anything the TO would be doing to avoid us NZ guys all ending up in the same pool? (we're keen to play different people than we do every week haha)

8 kiwi's booked in now!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
hey guys, is there any info on how the tourney will be run available? i saw the stuff about 3stock in PM and Bo3 etc,but wondering if there is any more info, e.g. will pools be round robin or brackets, how does seeding work etc

With seeding, should we feed into this with the guys from NZ? or is there anything the TO would be doing to avoid us NZ guys all ending up in the same pool? (we're keen to play different people than we do every week haha)

8 kiwi's booked in now!
good queries!
bracket pools will be run (a first ever for an australian major, i believe!), with 2 people from each pool advancing to the main bracket (1 in winners, 1 in losers)
since I will be seeding melee and assisting with PM seeding, you have no need to worry coz my seeding is amazing.
primarily it is rankings based, but of course all new zealanders and interstaters will be spread out.
(8 kiwis? perfect for 8 or more pools :))

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
good queries!
bracket pools will be run, with 2 people from each pool advancing to the main bracket (1 in winners, 1 in losers)
since I will be seeding melee and assisting with PM seeding, you have no need to worry coz my seeding is amazing.
primarily it is rankings based, but of course all new zealanders and interstaters will be spread out.
So I don't have to worry about facing you, Redact, S.D, Armada and the second international player?
better not

Dekar289

Smash Hero
So I don't have to worry about facing you, Redact, S.D, Armada and the second international player?
better not
well since you've never entered a tournament, you won't be seeded highly.
however if it turns out you're a smash god, this creates a big opportunity!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom