• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
A few posts were a bit questionable here guys, we don't need to be that spammy in our **** talk~

I don't think turning PM into 3 stocks turns it into a side-event. There's just been a conscious thought process that's happened on the EC after several PM tournaments. It probably doesn't need to happen at a major, especially if its estranging you guys.

Any and all of you could wreck us at PM, the only person on the EC worth fearing in PM is tedeth. Our meta is still ivysaur and spacies, so like, easy pezy.

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
About the P:M ruleset:

I welcome the new stagelist, however still a bit disappointed that Lylat Cruise is still legal, but better than APEX I suppose.

3 stocks? I understand the time issues P:M has been experiencing, and the fact that matches do take longer on average, but I think people are exaggerating perhaps a tiny bit about the amount of extra time is needed for a regular 4 stock P:M match. I spend much more time waiting/finding players to turn up in P:M than Melee, something about P:M being less important to most players make them more likely to do other random crap.

My first tourney match at BAM6, I had to wait around 15-20 mins for Milton because he entered a non smash event (which is perfectly fine), I remember the 2nd match I made a comeback in a 1 vs 3 stock situation, the set ended up being 2-0, would have played a third match if there wasn't a 4th stock.

My match against Pelican I had to wait for a suitable setup to use (I can't use 3.00). Then we proceeded to play on a setup with online codeset (without our knowledge at the time), and we agreed to switch setups mid match (shoutouts to Pelican) and restart our 2nd match. This set overall had a lot of waiting/downtime.

Lastly I think I need the 4th stock because for some reason I think I play better or start to get the idea how my opponent plays. Without it I would probably lose more matches, and then it would hurt my momentum, my mindset, and my passion for the game. I know I'm just a newbie compared to all you vets and my words are meaningless in comparison, but unlike most/all of you, I play P:M as my primary game, it’s why I showed up at BAM6.

Soo many Perthians are confident in P:M, should totally do crew battles in P:M, and I want in, I see us Victorians are also confident we’d win easy, so why not put me (nominated worst player) in the crew so they stand a chance? There’s money on the line? Sure

I haven’t heard from SurPr15e yet, is he showing up at SS at all? Trash talk with no SurPr15e makes me sad.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Any and all of you could wreck us at PM, the only person on the EC worth fearing in PM is tedeth. Our meta is still ivysaur and spacies, so like, easy pezy.
if you saw any of them play you'd think otherwise lol, you realise they've been putting up vids from their locals?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
if you saw any of them play you'd think otherwise lol, you realise they've been putting up vids from their locals?
True true, but no point setting us up for a fall when you can passively slink in the shadows and let the onslaught of **** talk happen after the tournament. PM characters are all types of borken, it wouldn't surprise me to see upsets from PM players against EC Melee players still going spacies. Melbourne/EC would be fine IMO if there were a conscious effort into learning Pit and Zelda (a week or two of effort at most would prob be all that's required to learn those characters enough to let your Smash skills do the rest of the work).

Or study their videos a little bit harder and **** them up with some niche mid tiers like G&W, Squirtle and Kirby spamming cheesy moves.

I think any and all hype I have for large PM tournaments is just the degree of mind body and soul crushing involved that can be achieved with "new" characters. The excitement of it on a competitive platform isn't that high for really anyone over here, even for our biggest PM try hards.

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Melbourne/EC would be fine IMO if there were a conscious effort into learning Pit and Zelda
Why does EC have to learn these specific chars for? Nothing against new characters but I cannot see myself wanting to main these characters anytime soon, only because I don't enjoy them/not suitable for my playstyle.

I think any and all hype I have for large PM tournaments is just the degree of mind body and soul crushing involved that can be achieved with "new" characters. The excitement of it on a competitive platform isn't that high for really anyone over here, even for our biggest PM try hards.
That's just your opinion, the way I see P:M, it's a clash between the newcomers, the Melee top tiers, and buffed forms of mid-low tiered Melee chars. Why should I cave in to those seemingly strong newcomers when I am having so much fun with my mains? I am more excited about P:M when I see an underplayed Melee vet go up against a newcomer. (remember this is my opinion, everybody may think differently and that's fine)

People in general just bandwagon certain characters, play more campy, whiff combos/ edgeguards, get free recoveries, so the matches drag on. I've nothing against campy playstyles, or band wagoned characters, but maybe that's why people aren't too excited about P:M atm.

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
@ Basty Basty I want to have a $2 MM with you for the title of best trash talker. If @Grim Tuesday wants to join, he can considering the trash he talks.

@ Skeletom Skeletom I want to have a $5 MM with you in a Falcon ditto even though I know I'm going to lose after our ditto match at BAM but you're very friendly and nice and you were very friendly to me at BAM so I'd like to give you an opportunity for free money. I might lose but I'm going to lose with honour meaning I'm going to try my hardest to not get 4-stocked.

@Bu$ If I have enough money, I'll challenge you to a Falcon ditto because you are just an overall nice guy and I feel like you should be given an opportunity for free money.

Last edited:

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
Gonna have to go ahead and blanket decline all the other MM's thrown at me in this thread. I may be confident about winning but I'm still a student and as a result, don't have much money to spare (especially considering I'm already spending hundreds to get to SS). Making 100% sure I have money left takes priority over a few no substance callouts.

Basty

Smash Ace
My opinion on the pm ruleset.
The stage list is pretty good (even though wario ware is still on there)
3 stock PM. While PM is a bit slower. its because of some of the players who play it. while i have no idea how you guys play. their are alot of campy players who just slow down the game for the fun of it, chu for example, he kirbycides more than he actually fights. as a kirby player in melee (NOT AS MY MAIN NOT EVEN A SECONDARY) kirbyciding is so slow. and then camping seriously screw those guys

@ Basty Basty I want to have a $2 MM with you for the title of best trash talker. If @Grim Tuesday wants to join, he can considering the trash he talks.
dude i am pro trash talker. i trash talk so much ur dog scared

Last edited by a moderator:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
pride match at least chapos, worst case ill just seed you vs me first round as TO LOL

nah wont do that either way pride bo5

but for reals i need some high end mms, i got the money just need someone to come give me more

delete pls dubl post

Last edited by a moderator:

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
Gonna have to go ahead and blanket decline all the other MM's thrown at me in this thread. I may be confident about winning but I'm still a student and as a result, don't have much money to spare (especially considering I'm already spending hundreds to get to SS). Making 100% sure I have money left takes priority over a few no substance callouts.
Perth is scared

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No, just a certain Perthite is logical. $50 to someone spending $300+ to get there is a lot more than someone who spends $5 to get there lol (or nothing at all).

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
all you perth people look the same anyway, can't tell you apart so we just call you all perth

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Hold on, this is asking you nicely?
SurPr15e: I don’t think we’ve met, but you brought the hype in the thread, and it made me want to enter the tourney in the first place. I thank you immensely for that. Great first experience etc…
Shadowloo Showdown 2014: SurPr15e Vs. 1ampercent $xx MONEY MATCH LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE 4 STOCK ME :yeahboi:

Your shoutout and the fact that you said please when you asked me for an MM is definitely asking me nicely. Also, when you say that there will be blood, that just makes me excited because it means the air is going to be crazy and chaotic. That is also another way of asking nicely as you are giving me hype, making me excited and being honest.

Basty

Smash Ace
@ SurPr15e SurPr15e you seem like a nice guy and all. but...

I PUBLICLY CHALLENGE YOU TO A $10 DOLLAR MONEY MATCH IN EVERY GAME BO5 MID TIERS ONLY FINAL DESTINATION. GONNA GET BOPPED M8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom