• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Can someone confirm the start date and time for the smash games? I'm looking at flights and the best I can do for the morning is a 9:15 arrival at the airport so need to know times asap.

Thanks
Smash rego normally starts at 10-11, then games from there.

You'll be fine, espc if you give me the heads up. We can be a little more accommodating for OOSers.

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
He didn't mention the average match length of Melee's Top 8, a comment further down claims that Melee's average is 3:38, compared with P:M's 3:57 (both at CEO). Assuming this is correct, then there's no need for a drop in stock count.

People tend to take longer during the bans, so removing a stock count and compensating with making more Bo5's means that there's going to be more downtime vs actual game play.

Overall, it needs more data to backup claims that P:M is noticeably slower. Basing stats off 1 tourney isn't enough. Btw this is just my opinion, you guys might have different views on this.

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
I don't think times would vary greatly over a larger sample size, and I agree that 4 stock is still fine for PM.
However for SS I believe only top 4 should run on main stage finals for timing purposes.

Splice

Smash Hero
are tied 5th and tied 7th gonna play off for 5/6/7/8
since we got Armada and Lucky stacking it up in our top spots?

And maybe it'd be a good time to clarify pot distribution before the event

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
are tied 5th and tied 7th gonna play off for 5/6/7/8
since we got Armada and Lucky stacking it up in our top spots?

And maybe it'd be a good time to clarify pot distribution before the event
That's definately gonna happen for melee, not 100% sure about PM. At least do a 5th playoff for PM.

Also pot distribution is going to depend on a 2nd overseas player or not. We want to give the highest placed AUS a decent prize so this should be sorted pretty soon.

Attila_

BRoomer
Tbh I'm still concerned about how much time PM takes. Not keen on confirming playing off for placings, but would be happy to do it on the day if time allows.

Otherwise, from a bracket perspective, do people want lucky/armada to be seeded as per normal? Or should be we throw them in at the end (winner's semis)? They kind of break the bracket; any player near them is basically sent to losers for free. Not a fun bracket.

S.D

Smash Master
Putting them in at winner's semi will still break the bracket for the top two seeds anyway so I don't think it's fair they're the only ones presented with the challenge. We either have them in the bracket same as everyone else or not at all, no inbetweens. Yes they will destroy us but I usually take a lot out of losing hard to a top player, more than I would out of a close win/loss to another Australian.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Pre-seeding into bracket or such silly, and im sure anyone who plays them would be happy to play them in a tournament setting. free sets against ar/lucky? yes please

Last edited:

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hey Everyone.
Pretty keen to come down for this, but a few questions first.

1.Who is still keen for Hawks/Cats game a week earlier?
Redcat mentioned it before.
I am super keen, just wondering who else is in at this stage.
Should look into getting tickets before its too late so we can all sit together?

2.Is anyone keen to go to the live recording of The Footy Show on the Thursday night?

3.Other than the Armada meet/s, any activities planned for the week before?
Like, non smash activites as well :p

Cheers.

Last edited:

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
Hey Everyone.

Should look into getting tickets before its too late so we can all sit together?

2.Is anyone keen to go to the live recording of The Footy Show on the Thursday night?

Cheers.
1. General admin should be okay and you can sit wherever on level 3 usually.
2. Yeah nah.
3. Get Armada to hug a koala at Healesville Sanctuary?

Attila_

BRoomer
Putting them in at winner's semi will still break the bracket for the top two seeds anyway so I don't think it's fair they're the only ones presented with the challenge. We either have them in the bracket same as everyone else or not at all, no inbetweens. Yes they will destroy us but I usually take a lot out of losing hard to a top player, more than I would out of a close win/loss to another Australian.
Pre-seeding into bracket or such silly, and im sure anyone who plays them would be happy to play them in a tournament setting. free sets against ar/lucky? yes please
Sure thing; It's your bracket.

I suppose I just remember the whinging when M2K broke the brawl bracket at robocop. One side of the bracket was doable, whereas the other was destruction. But I suppose with two broken players, it's a lot more balanced.

S.D

Smash Master
M2K broke the melee bracket as well (Syke forfeited for an easy run in losers? I got bopped in WSF).
There's really no way around pros wrecking the tournament for some, but hey there's always losers bracket.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Can anyone OOS who is interested in making this tournament but can't due to funding issues let me know before tommorow night? SL already promising to get 20 monitors extra which would all be available to smash 4, and they seem to be interested in helping even more players come down if we show that we want people enough!

Need some names people, All I could give immediately was RJ and Zero, but I want more!

Bu$

HoC
Hey Everyone.

Cheers.
Footy is gay.

Gords

Smash Champion
Can anyone OOS who is interested in making this tournament but can't due to funding issues let me know before tommorow night? SL already promising to get 20 monitors extra which would all be available to smash 4, and they seem to be interested in helping even more players come down if we show that we want people enough!

Need some names people, All I could give immediately was RJ and Zero, but I want more!
Talk to ZXV, if he is still contemplating it this may sway him. I know he mentioned to me that money is tight for him. I might call him tomorrow
If I would likely need housing as well just to make it affordable (or at least help with hotel) since my flights/accommodation are going to be booked super late since i wont know the exact days I can make for another 2-3 weeks

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I will probably be looking at booking a hotel room for this weekend; does anyone know if the discounted rate applied for this or was that just for BAM?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if you rely on registering at the door on the day, as said, you might get screwed over seeding wise if you get in at all, but more importantly, you will waste hours of your day waiting in line with other idiots who didn't pre-reg

Gords

Smash Champion
Who is running the smash side of things? Dekar, Redact, Atilla?
I may not know if I want to enter doubles until that weekend, and even then I may not know who I will be teaming with until the day.
Are there going to be pools at SS for smash?
Do we know the rulesets yet for each game?
When on Friday is Smash 4?
Is any of this info posted somewhere, the OP of this thread is pretty bare atm.

Basty

Smash Ace
Smash 4? SMASH 4? SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH 4? WHAT THE THIS IS BRILLIANT SOMEONE CALL ARMADA AND LUCKY WE DONT NEED THEM FOR HYPE WE GOT MOTHER****ING SMASH 4

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Who is running the smash side of things? Dekar, Redact, Atilla? Yep
I may not know if I want to enter doubles until that weekend, and even then I may not know who I will be teaming with until the day. Fine, just don't pay for doubles when you pre-register.
Are there going to be pools at SS for smash? Bracket pools. 2 go through to bracket, 1 in winners and 1 in losers.
Do we know the rulesets yet for each game? Yep, all standard stuff.
When on Friday is Smash 4? This is not confirmed.
Is any of this info posted somewhere, the OP of this thread is pretty bare atm. Yeah it's all in this thread somewhere...

S.D

Smash Master
Is there a way to register for specific games at this point? I bought my competitor pass but didn't see anywhere to nominate for specific titles?

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to register for specific games at this point? I bought my competitor pass but didn't see anywhere to nominate for specific titles?
When I registered a while ago there was nowhere to nominate for games, seems like they've added them recently: http://www.shadowlogic.com.au/shop

I did put in the notes that I already had a competitor pass ordered under the same email address.

edit: I also entered the Divekick tourney, teehee

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
I will probably be looking at booking a hotel room for this weekend; does anyone know if the discounted rate applied for this or was that just for BAM?
mentioning 'shadowloo' will get you the cheapest room for $139 (2 single beds)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom