• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Lulz, I haven't played brawl since that horrible Apex pools. I'm sure you'll beat me aswell, Kuraudo. Apparently I can't even glide toss anymore..Better stick to a game I have a chance at ;[

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Lulz, I haven't played brawl since that horrible Apex pools. I'm sure you'll beat me aswell, Kuraudo. Apparently I can't even glide toss anymore..Better stick to a game I have a chance at ;[
I'll fight you in SF and/or MvC3 if you take me on in Brawl. We'll just hang out or whatevs!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I outplaced goggles today. As did shado.
Speed and D1AOS outplaced us all.
Speed beat Seibrik and Rj in some pretty hype sets.
I had seagull winners round one (1-2, videos uploading tomorrow), flannel losers round one (2-0), and then gunblade bodied me losers round 2. He was ****** mad sonics today. Plus he told me he sandbagged goggles when he beat him, which just isn't right.
Goggles didn't win a single match today.
I was in game 3 of a salty runback MM stocks tied at 2 with gunblade when keitaro got on our ****s and kicked us off the setup.
went 2 and 1 in falcon ditto MMs.
shado got bodied hard but still got a free round 1 winners, so he was saved lol.
d1aos and I placed similarly to speed/shado in doubles around 17th.
/ktar6

:phone:
Nice. Do you know the actual placements for everybody?

Diddy a hard counter for Sonic? I thought it was as easy as gaining banana control... unless... it's not that easy anymore?

I also heard that Sonic's don't lose to Olimar anymore... so what the deal with that?

Can't wait to see video of you going off on a Lucario though. lol. Not a hard counter anymore? Nice. But then again... Lucario is only a hard counter if he gets the lead. He can literally sit on it. Forever. What's the new tech to stop that?
-2 isn't a hard counter. Just a counter.
It kinda is easy to keep banana control, but god help you if you lose that lead. Then again, it's not THAT difficult to regain it. Diddy's somewhere around -2 and -1 maybe, leaning more on -2. Sonic's don't lose to Olimar nowhere near as often. Don't know what the deal is on that one.

New tech vs. Lucario? There is none. Just never use bair/fsmash until 130% near the ledge. That's it.

I managed to take one of Trela's stock by fsmashing through an aura sphere. It was awesome. I choked and lost the game in the end, but the entire set was awesome.

I also played Dojo today too. Lost to him in loser's game three, and aside from that last game, the set was also awesome.

I felt like I was on fire today. I can't wait for the videos. My matches vs. Megafox, Jerm, Illmatic, Trela, and Dojo should all be recorded, I think.

BSP

Smash Legend
D1AOS

You slid off of BF's platform once, and jumped before you hit the ground

Then you slid off again, and you didnt do anything before you hit the ground.

So can we jump out of the BF edge slip or not?

Good job btw, but you seemed a little dead in your last match on stream. I can't blame you though, you must have been playing a lot to get that far.

So are we on Peach status yet? Getting 17th?

And Diddy Kong is T_T I've been questioning going sonic vs. him.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Kinzer
its looking bleak for utah to come to Sin3 (cept X of course) then again X is the only one that matters
transportation > utah
No trouble.

Also good @#$% Espy. Everyone else who went to KTAR6 as well.

And no, I'm not picking up a new favorite MU. It seems to be the only one I'm halfway decent at.

Either that, or I should get more than 5-7 hours of sleep before smashfests/tourneys.

Especially considering I had to have been awake at least... 18+ hours before.

Meeeh, it could also be too much Soku/IaMP doing something to me.

I can't bait. How ironic for me to say that when I play a character that gets off from mix-ups and punishes.

I'm freeeeeeeeeeee~.

:093:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Are you sure that in both cases he was facing away from the edge? That whole edge-slip thing is conditional on the direction you're looking when you slide off. Also sometimes iirc the hit can send you a tiny bit above the platform so it's not an edge-slip, just a fall, but it can be hard to tell sometimes *shrug*

Good job btw, but you seemed a little dead in your last match on stream. I can't blame you though, you must have been playing a lot to get that far.
I was sad that no other hedgehogs were there giving him some advice, at least between the matches. o well

congrats everybody!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
[collapse="too big of an image to let it go uncollapse in a rather short post like this"]
[/collapse]

Eh?

How'd I miss this?

Thanks Infzy, I must be sleepy.

Gotta stay awake though, fix sleep schedule for SiNIII!

*Ahem.*

BSP, I just found this out not too long ago that you can't.

I have a thread for this if you like.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308757

Only reason I stopped working on it is because I'm lazy I can't decide which stage I'd like to torture myself to test out next.

Could someone please give me a suggestion?

It isn't like I'm going to finish the entire cast with how long it took me to get Delfino Plaza completely done anytime soon alone (@#$%ing RNGs!), but I want to get Sonic done at least, but yeah no idea where to (re)start.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Unless he didn't enter singles, or they mistyped his name (again), that's the Shado we all know and love.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure he his back was to the edge when he fell, but he still jumped out T_T

whatever, I'll just go with we can't.

Also sometimes iirc the hit can send you a tiny bit above the platform so it's not an edge-slip, just a fall, but it can be hard to tell sometimes *shrug*

!
I didn't know that was possible

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Uh...gonna read thread since i was afk for a while. @_@
wanna learn how to do that d1aos trick, i can consistantly pull of spinshot to platform cancel but that drop through tho? fffffffffffff.

just gonna say that im glad i could rep for you guys. got another tourney on the 27th. trainin time i guess.

True Blue

Smash Lord
@Kinzer: You could always start off with Pokemon Stadium 1. Everyone loves that stage! lol

Man I really want to go to a big tournament like KTAR and all that. Even if I am not good its still cool playing and meeting all the people. Gotta save up that money for APEX! Especially since a lot of people are going!

Though good job to everyone on there placings!

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Diddy a hard counter for Sonic? I thought it was as easy as gaining banana control... unless... it's not that easy anymore?

I also heard that Sonic's don't lose to Olimar anymore... so what the deal with that?

Can't wait to see video of you going off on a Lucario though. lol. Not a hard counter anymore? Nice. But then again... Lucario is only a hard counter if he gets the lead. He can literally sit on it. Forever. What's the new tech to stop that?
Diddy: Sit in shield with a banana in hand and one in front of you. Trust me, it's maaaaaad gay.

Olimar: Cross-up Bairs, grab and smart ASC usage.

Lucario: Run.

Run away for 4 minutes

Spend 2 minutes getting chip damage with DAs and throws up to about 80%.

Flee for the last two minutes.

Include potential gimp opportunities whenever possible.

Victory?
See above write up.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
in all fairness, gunblade was sandbag trolling me the first game of our match. its was ksizzle vs speed circa 2009. game 2 I caught on and just punished nados to a fairly solid win. game 3 he played for real. and I could have won but i was mistiming punishes and attacks and stuff all over. at the end of the match i mindgamed him with a ddp in spindash. and i went for the spindash bair which would have killed. but spindash fair came out of it instead, which he di'd out of and down smashed me when we landed. it was heartbreaking. he said something along the lines of i was the smartest sonic hes played. but yea, thats how it went down.

I felt like i only played 3 good matches all day. which were the ones where I was going even with Seibrik which were the first matches of the day, and the match where I obliterated budget player cadet. which was also within the first hour or two of us being there.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Idk what was up with you goggles, it looked like you were gonna have some solid punishes on tornado and you missed them. Same thing was happening with me. Still mad keitaro didn't let gunblade and i finish my salty runback MM while we were 1-1. I will never let that go.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Good stuff to D1AOS and Speed.

Glad to see Adorable Sonic Main still has it. TGS getting M2K early (has to happen to someone sadly).

I saw Espy do some stuff that rivals the D1AOS trapezoid maneuver at Nikefest 4.
I...didn't do very well at Nikefest. I need to sneak off to a tournament that Houston doesn't attend one day. Or at least something big enough that I won't lose to the same people in bracket so much. I went all Sonic in bracket, but I had more fun 0-deathing with Squirtle and Shuttle looping people (its so dirty, its like OMA noobtubing in modern warfare).

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Could come to Super Bit Wars this Saturday, but I think some KS and a few TX players from Dallas are showing up.

Me and some of the other OK players are considering taking the trip to Apex, so it'd be nice to see other Sonics there when the time comes.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wish I could, but no way I would be able to get out of work 2 Saturdays consecutively.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
You'll get em next time kid, i saw the mistiming on that bair. T_T

I swear playing nairo is like...what. what is nairo? what is a nairo? why he...why does he play like that? and kingtoon just pretty much tl'd me. dngt.

Tesh, Darth Speedius requires more training pls.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well.... you also would have won if you would just timed him out game 2.... Or was it game 1. The one where you were up like 20 percent with less than 30 seconds left and you approached and died....

toon link baffles me

Tesh

Smash Hero
he is easier to time out though, mks u basically have to fight them if they wanna fight you.

True Blue

Smash Lord
But timing out is NOOOOOO FUN!!! You have to punch them and kick them and stuff! Its just soooo boring... Though I have had matches where I timed out because I was being careful to not die and such lol.

Toon Links are annoying for me but I think it's fun cause it looks cool when you dodge all of their attacks and hit them.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
sonic king its been awhile man, how ya been?

o and nice double post son.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Lol, what if we just call it "time attack" then (just like every other sonic game in the past 10 years), you won't care how boring it is. :troll:

I figured Espy just didn't like going for the timeout from the start like I do sometimes, but some matchups just kinda...force it on you unless you are alot better than the other guy. Now that I think about it, its probably just other mid tiers sucking...

Sonic_King

Smash Apprentice
sonic king its been awhile man, how ya been?

o and nice double post son.
i know xlr8 i been good, how bout u?
Lol, what if we just call it "time attack" then (just like every other sonic game in the past 10 years), you won't care how boring it is. :troll:

I figured Espy just didn't like going for the timeout from the start like I do sometimes, but some matchups just kinda...force it on you unless you are alot better than the other guy. Now that I think about it, its probably just other mid tiers sucking...
Time attack lol if sonic has that attck for his basic special move.
omg, the new episode of trela vs espy is out.
show me the link
i saw that like 10x my head was bout to explode form all the excitement each time i watched it:awesome:

Top Bottom