• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You could probably do something similar on battlefield, it just wouldn't be as fast. Alternatively, you could probably do it repeatedly on the smashville platform if you spinshot in the direction its moving.

infomon

Smash Scientist
I think spinshot would outpace the platform's movement too much, but you should try it.

Hmm, do the lylat platforms count as "moving" enough?

Tesh

Smash Hero
I read that they are always moving, technically.

One of the stage guides suggests that you should always be able to platform cancel on lylat.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Alternatively, you could maybe spinshot back and forth from each side of the smashville platform as it moves across the stage. That would be possible I think.

True Blue

Smash Lord
For Lylat the platforms only count as moving when the ship is tilting. When the ship is stationary they don't becoming moving platforms. At least that is what I was told and assumed was how that concept worked. If I am wrong sorry, twas what I was told about it.

And to add to this I think the platform in Halberd when its flying can be along with the delphino plaza one. Right?

Tesh

Smash Hero
The Halberd platform doesn't actually move, the stuff behind it does. The only time you can platform cancel on it, is when the platforms are landing/taking off from the ship/hangar. Same with Delfino, you can only do it when the carpet is landing/taking off.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Alright then that makes sense why I couldn't platform cancel there all the time then, in delphino. And then the one time I accidentally did it on halberd. So very situation platform canceling then. But still good to know none the less.

And sorry when I meant delphino I did mean that starting flying carpet thing that Tesh said.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Espy, I am proud.

Edit: I'm still not sure why you guys are so caught up on super technical situational advanced techniques. I think you should be more focused on practicing practical techs, tightening up what you already can do consistently, and matchup knowledge. I mean, sure you may know how to platform cancel drop into a bair, but what if they powershield it?

Tesh

Smash Hero
If they powershield it, then you werent jaw-droppingly flashy enough and you need to dash dance on the platform between the platform cancel and the reverse spindash. Sometimes you just need to dash dance pivot you spin shot platform cancel dash dance spindash shield cancel drop down airdodge dash dance pivot grab if they try to shield. I thought that would have been obvious to you though. Standard rock paper scissors.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Edit: I'm still not sure why you guys are so caught up on super technical situational advanced techniques. I think you should be more focused on practicing practical techs, tightening up what you already can do consistently, and matchup knowledge. I mean, sure you may know how to platform cancel drop into a bair, but what if they powershield it?
Mark, I do not think you've met our pet troll since you've came back recently(?).

I like him though. Especially now that I can read his posts again, his invisible text was the most annoying thing ever.

He's funny.

Occasionally he speaks words of wisdom.

His invisible text was the most annoying thing ever.

But now his avatar reminds me of Boxob everytime I quickly scroll down a page. Irritating.

:093:

True Blue

Smash Lord
What Tesh said. It is always the least expected path, and flashiest, that will catch someone off guard most of the times.

And yea... I am SOOOO glad his text is now easily readable. lol

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
If they powershield it, then you werent jaw-droppingly flashy enough and you need to dash dance on the platform between the platform cancel and the reverse spindash. Sometimes you just need to dash dance pivot you spin shot platform cancel dash dance spindash shield cancel drop down airdodge dash dance pivot grab if they try to shield. I thought that would have been obvious to you though. Standard rock paper scissors.
Shenanigans vs. Solid Strategy.

This is a shenanigan. There are more practical rps applications in a regular dash. Or a walk even. Hell, Sonic's spindash has enough rps in its own right.

Surely it's good to know the situational, highly technical shenanigans that can score you a single hit that's not guaranteed to do anything all that significant (it's not like it magically adds hitstun to the attack and the follow up such that you can start hitting real combos on fools), but it's better to know the practical solid strategies that can be applied in more matches on more stages.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Also, for the uninformed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsKwNWYowwY&feature=player_embedded

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Shenanigans vs. Solid Strategy.

This is a shenanigan. There are more practical rps applications in a regular dash. Or a walk even. Hell, Sonic's spindash has enough rps in its own right.

Surely it's good to know the situational, highly technical shenanigans that can score you a single hit that's not guaranteed to do anything all that significant (it's not like it magically adds hitstun to the attack and the follow up such that you can start hitting real combos on fools), but it's better to know the practical solid strategies that can be applied in more matches on more stages.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Also, for the uninformed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsKwNWYowwY&feature=player_embedded
Marko, my friend, I'm fairly confident that Tesh wasn't serious. However, I definitely agree with your opinion.

Edit: SG... is looking so good.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ever seen Trela?

In any case, its not like anyone is actually "focusing" on this kind of thing. I made what I thought was an absurd request in the middle of the night and D1aos delivered and it looked pretty cool too. Its just one of many fun, flashy moves for someone with control of the basics, which he seems to have.

also that doesnt look too bad....

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
looool.
Mark either doesn't care, or is getting baited harder than our fsmash can ever dream to bait.

Also, to everything Mark's said.

Duh.

You always want to make sure you have a solid foundation before you try anything overzealous with Sonic, because most of his flashy stuff tends to have a somewhat dangerous SD factor.
You also want to assure yourself that you are able to be consistent with the foundations during a tournament match. Pressure, fatigue, hunger, exhaustion, it all has an effect on your performance.

Obviously.

infomon

Smash Scientist
nevertheless, a lot of Sonics just aren't that good at reading people.

A lot of smashers aren't, they just dance around their own little tricks, mostly trading hits pretty evenly. Nowhere near what Melee was, but you can get pretty far on tricks alone.

Just IMO... and I could be way off-base. Really it just depends what echelon of skill you're at.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@MarKO We Sonic's = Shenanigans (Sonic being IN the game is 1 in itself)

@TruBlue - SUP!!!! I can't wait 4 Generations Either!!!

@Tesh & D1aoS Crazy ****... DOable but FRUSTRATING I can't do it twice in a row :urg:

:sonic:

Edit: & I need 2 get better @ reading people

@Infzy But then again I feel like its more like your trying to adapt because no1 is completely predictable... If you play a nub like you would a PRO as Sonic you might get wrecked because a nub is just gonna do dumb ish you wouldn't expect a smart person to do. it'd be like playing a risky players.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Prayers to Kupo and Chis, and hopes that they don't get confronted by and mixed with the riots occurring and spreading throughout the UK.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Iono, flashy stuff is at least something you can practice alone. I personally don't have the basics down so well and as far as reading people, all I have is horrible wifi (yellow at best), so things like this do give me something else to fool around with offline.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Nah, Tesh got me pretty hard. Impressive, considering I generally consciously feed amazing people like Espy on a regular basis.

Why are people rioting in the UK?
And why aren't American's rioting?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
From what's I've read about it, the most reported cause is that a police officer shot and killed an armed man after the man tried to shoot him. The officer was a part of Operation: Trident, a mission to find and arrest people with illegal possession of firearms.

The incident took part in a protest rally, apparently, and the incident just ignited the riots all over the place. It's a matter of flash mobbing being taken to the extreme.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Hey guys, in case you didn't know, I recently entered a contest for my workplace to win an iPad 2 (Which I plan to sell for money).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fOGqxUgqnk

In order for me to win, I need to have the most YouTube views by Monday. I am currently losing by 250~ views, and only have 2 days to play pick up. I was hoping if you guys could help me out by just watching the minute long video, as well as spreading it to any forum, blog, friends, etc. that you could. I would appreciate any help I could possibly get.

If I end up winning, I'll use the money to go to APEX.
I got you tesh... I'm in a DJ crew here in Tally I'll send out a message or sumthin from my gruoup on FB is has only about 970 peeople but hopefully someone will see it and watch it.

Sent it out http://www.facebook.com/groups/17615277807/

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its not a new technique, its a "string of basics" imo. Or at least 2 separate ATs. I find that reverse spindash platform drop to be annoyingly hard to do. I always press down too hard and wind up just doing a backwards spotdodge.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Ugh Sorry Trent & Test

:sonic:

& I can barely get a downB out after practice but the air attacks aren't as bad. Its extremely frustrating

Tesh

Smash Hero
[collapse=Hey D1AOS....]

Stand up from ledge-Charge spin dash-spinshot-asc-shield cancel platform drop-spinshot-reverse spin charge-platform drop-spinshot back[/collapse]

Actually I might be able to do this one, there is this annoying...function... that buffers a special whenever I do side B spinshots so spinshot to ASC is really easy.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyFtJDxsqMs

Yes I know this is probably old, but I'd like to ask people how much they'd like for me to grab more data on this. Like all characters on some more stages.

This isn't necessarily Sonic specific, but I like you guys enough that I wanted to share/talk about this.

I don't have enough self motivation/inspiration to just get the data; for myself even.

... In fact, if nothing else, this would be for that yearly project I kind of always do during the Christmas holidays and whatnot, so unless I at least see some interest from someone else wanting some sort of data on this before December, I'm not going to look into it until then... besides anything else. BAM if you're reading this, I'm so sorry.

Anyway I truly wish I wasn't the only one doing this. I don't know if the majority/all of you are either lazy, or don't have debug mode to get all this data yourself... or perhaps you're busy getting better as players to place higher in tourneys? At least the lattermost excuse is somewhat legit, the second can be pardoned on the count that you're technologically illiterate; perhaps moreso than me. The first one is meh.

And this is going here because I hate to doublepost.

... I'll be so happy once I can finish the Sonic guide. Things are so slow though.. One of my fears is that I will eventually give up on it and I don't know what will happen after... :/

Someone please convince me.

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
Do it Kinzer, that edge slip shenanigans confuses me a bit. It's like sometimes I'm fine and can break out of it before I hit the ground, and sometimes I'm just ****ed. It confuses me because I'm almost certain I've been able to get out of some of them at a certain location, then the next time nothing. Any data is appreciated, especially Sonic data.

Edit: Also Tesh, when you say stand up from ledge-Charge spin dash-spinshot-asc-shield cancel platform drop-spinshot-reverse spin charge-platform drop-spinshot back, is that supposed to be reverse spin dash?

Tesh

Smash Hero
mmmmm......yea, although its probably possible to just ASC into the platform at that angle instead and then do a reverse spishot after you pass through.

True Blue

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyFtJDxsqMs

Yes I know this is probably old, but I'd like to ask people how much they'd like for me to grab more data on this. Like all characters on some more stages.

This isn't necessarily Sonic specific, but I like you guys enough that I wanted to share/talk about this.

I don't have enough self motivation/inspiration to just get the data; for myself even.

... In fact, if nothing else, this would be for that yearly project I kind of always do during the Christmas holidays and whatnot, so unless I at least see some interest from someone else wanting some sort of data on this before December, I'm not going to look into it until then... besides anything else. BAM if you're reading this, I'm so sorry.

Anyway I truly wish I wasn't the only one doing this. I don't know if the majority/all of you are either lazy, or don't have debug mode to get all this data yourself... or perhaps you're busy getting better as players to place higher in tourneys? At least the lattermost excuse is somewhat legit, the second can be pardoned on the count that you're technologically illiterate; perhaps moreso than me. The first one is meh.

And this is going here because I hate to doublepost.

... I'll be so happy once I can finish the Sonic guide. Things are so slow though.. One of my fears is that I will eventually give up on it and I don't know what will happen after... :/

Someone please convince me.

That would be cool. I would certainly like to know exactly which characters can be knocked into a jab lock from this. And know the exact ways to stop yourself from being knocked off the ledge. Though I know most times I avoid this by jumping before actually falling off. Not sure how good that is for sure though. And certainly that metagame minute wasn't a 100% correct cause they said Ike falls for it and I play an Ike player a lot and he always gets out of it and doesn't bounce.

I certainly cannot get frame data stuff but if help was needed with some easy replays I could attempt. But like I said, I don't have lot's of fancy stuff to record or do frame modes and stuff.

BSP

Smash Legend
Complete Sonic edge slip mechanics would be useful

I really wish we could tech off of the BF platforms :(

Top Bottom