• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
noelrunes: morning queen bbb
dark3nergy: hi bb
noelrunes: is that u
noelrunes: in ur avatar
dark3nergy: yes
dark3nergy: u mad
noelrunes: no
noelrunes: I'm gay
i love this kid
<3

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
when he does his headbutt he neighs like a horse in japanese

tho makotos japanese voice makes me wanna main her, i love how loudly she shouts during her rush down moves

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I'm in losers finals of a tourney right now cuz I SDed struggling against a Wario(3 times)

Any advice if I can make it 2 grand finals??

Jus checked into the other thread & I wasnt using uair much... bair wasnt used much as well... I did utilt tho

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
bair is like sonics best aerial

depends on who your gonna be fighting next

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
Congrats AWAL, happy belated birthday, have fun with your present lol. I had a tourney today too but I got wrecked by Vermanubis and JJWolf. I'll post results later, but they're bad lol

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpCKlSdQQ2c#t=0m38s

This..... it's not the stage change that I find weird about the iSDR. I'm thinking you can just do it to platforms. Y'know like air tripping? As long as you hit it at the apex of the jump. I'd test it but my wii is at a friends house. :< Can anyone check it? I know the vids old though. Did anyone crack it?

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure as long as long as the first part of the hop is interrupted by some type of floor, you can iSDR. But this is the early part of the RISING portion. So I don't think it will ever be possible on a stationary flat surface. A platform has to be rising faster than Sonic is like on transforming stages or the ground has to be curved up past a certain angle.

Tenki

Smash Hero
just theorizing here, but I think side-B was coded to be invincible when you release B, and its invincibility counter begins when you go into the hop.

If you land before the hop starts, then you stay invincible/airdash mode.

The only way to land then, is to hit a steep slope or have it come up from under you.

Browny

Smash Hater
hay guise

If you care about intelligent discussion/watching vids together/good times, I suggest you check this out
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292806

I wouldn't write that many words if I wasnt dead serious :p

---

Im trying a new 'drive' at getting people to use IRC and bring the whole SWF community together on the globalgamers server instead of isolating yourselves to a single xat room.

Before people criticise it like they ALWAYS do for broadcasting videos, please read this and educate yourself.
Video/picture sharing

The #1 ignorant reason for why people say they prefer XAT to IRC could not possibly be more wrong.

Let’s get the easy thing out of the way first, picture sharing. IRC and XAT are the same, if someone links a picture, you simply click that link to open the picture. With XAT, you must click the link, click a confirmation button before the picture uploads beneath a banner and when you return to the chat, must close that confirmation window. With IRC, you click the image, and exactly the same as XAT, it opens it up in a new window. And that’s it, no warnings and banners, just an incredibly quick and easy method to share pictures. IRC is superior in every aspect here.

Now for sharing videos; people prefer XAT because of the ability to broadcast embedded videos to watch them together in the same chat, however most people are unaware that IRC is the exact same. There are clients out there which allow anyone to click a video and it will embed it into the window just like XAT. It’s amazing how people don’t actually know that broadcasting videos in IRC works the exact same as XAT. But why IRC is once again better here, is because of the ability to watch whatever you want at any time. In XAT if someone broadcasts a video but you want to watch something else, too bad. You have to hide the chat window and watch it on Youtube or something. In IRC, anyone can embed any video they want at any time. Within the same channel, 2 people could be watching a brawl match and discussing it, 2 could be having a movie night and 2 could be watching a documentary, all within the same chat window. It is superior to XAT in all aspects regarding sharing media.

I was there in the prime of bluesteak and visit other xats occasionally I know how both sides work from experience and I truly think a sonic chat based on IRC would be so much better than a xat which has died out multiple times. For anyone who likes chatting online with brawl players, I'd encourage you to read that and give IRC a try. You WILL thank me later if people make the effort and see how good it turns out :)

A #sonic chat has been made and registered, ownership + moderator status of the channel will be given to the first people who legitimately want it and want to see this channel work.

Dont forget, the best part of IRC is it can be independent of a browser, you can be in multiple character chats on IRC and browse the net, watch videos or even see other xats at the same time without having to switch between tabs. Join #lucario and #zss at the same time and be able to converse with a large group of people. Remember, the more you put in; the more you get out. It takes a tiny amount of effort to make it work, but it is most definitely worth it :)

Refer to this thread for examples of how to join
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291365

Or use the easy 1-click methods
Use mibbit or globalgamers!

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I think people just dislike IRC aesthetically. It feels like an excel sheet more than a chat room. I don't care either way cause I was on the net back when IRC is ALL there was but we have a lot of younger members.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Funny, because XAT doesn't do the image thing to me. When I click a link in XAT, it automatically opens up a tab with the picture, just like IRC.

And last time I checked, you can watch different videos during a XAT broadcast.

Browny

Smash Hater
I think people just dislike IRC aesthetically. It feels like an excel sheet more than a chat room. I don't care either way cause I was on the net back when IRC is ALL there was but we have a lot of younger members.
People not liking is aesthetically is fine, I can live with that.

rest is not directed at you specifically Terios

What I cant stand is ignorant reasoning always thrown at me such as

"you cant broadcast videos"
"its too much effort"
"IRC is boring"

Which are either complete lies or whatever reason for not trying it applies to XAT as well.

Its a lot more deeper than simply 'hey guys lets chat here instead of there.' After being there from the beginning to the end of bluesteak and the lucario IRC while the lucario XAT died due to people realising IRC was better, I see no reason why bluesteak shouldnt be revived on globalgamers to join luc and zss.

The lucario IRC has stayed the #1 diverse and active chatroom for over 2 years while XATs are made, die, made and die again. Theres a reason for that you know and only people who give IRC a real shot can see why. Bluesteak should be revived, but not as a XAT. Join luc & zss chats :)

Browny

Smash Hater
but you dont have to sign in...

ugh it truly is the same!

Try it at home
http://www.globalgamers.net/pjirc/chat.php?nick=Terios&chan=#sonic
^^^ this is tailored for terios btw, anyone else who wants to use this 1-click link would change the URL to use their nickname instead.

set that as a bookmark and thats it, 1 click is all it takes. You dont have to sign in anything >_< Granted if you want extra features like being able to view multiple chats simultaneously, embed videos or use graphic emoticons and colours yeah youd have to use a different client which requires 1 click and typing in your name...
http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=...e3&server=irc.globalgamers.net&channel=#sonic

---

Since im going to bed now Ill explain it here. To get this to work is simple; people join the IRC and simply dont close it, theres no reason to. rooms fill up very quickly if people join and wait for others to join. Its a simple concept but apparently its difficult to get people to actually do >_>

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Letting you guys know. Sonic isn't happening in SFL. I gotta stay with Falco.

Although Sonic is my main in project M cause hes so good.

Also last night I went to outback with ESAM and company. We all had Steaks with dat A1 sauce!!!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Browny, stop trying so hard.
Jesus.

Lucario IRC is as dead as disco half of the time. The other half, it's as boring as hell. It's silly to write it off as a "success".

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Disco is not dead! =<

*Bad excuse to post that.*

*Real bored.*

Does anybody remember the dream they had last? I'd talk about mine, but I don't think any of you really want to know how a simple Kirby-like dream can get "corrupted" if you get my drift. I'm not even trying, like I don't keep a journal or anything like that, but all the dreams I can remember as of late have turned into something like it. :/

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I can't remember what I dreamt last.
I know I dream of furries quite often.

When it's not furries, it's me dying, usually.
If neither of those, it's always something random.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
You don't really want to know the dream I had last.

I'll just say it involved South Park, a city bus, a maniacal Japanese woman hell-bent on ruling the Earth, and a Hershey's chocolate bar, and leave it at that.

Browny

Smash Hater
Keep believing your own lies espy. I'm only trying to do this for the benefit of everyone else here.

oh well, your loss.

I dont see why there isnt a sonic chatroom though considering hes easily one of the most popular characters on SWF.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Traditionally, we're everywhere. I don't think it's possible to contain Sonic in one place.

... Although there has to be some reason the social gets the most traffic.

Somebody remind me again how/why the policy got changed. I remember a time where anything that wasn't pertaining to the sub-forum was kind of a bad thing. Now just about every place has its get-away spot. I'm not complaining, I certainly love the (supposed) atmosphere of bonding with the community I'm/you're working with.

Even if Sharpie and Tails may be the only other two people that can bear my Touhou obession and junk.

*Ahem.* I guess the higher-ups realized we're not all robots and that this kind of interaction with other people created more productivity/inspired more people to get more things done? I really have no clue...

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Traditionally, we're everywhere. I don't think it's possible to contain Sonic in one place.

... Although there has to be some reason the social gets the most traffic.

Somebody remind me again how/why the policy got changed. I remember a time where anything that wasn't pertaining to the sub-forum was kind of a bad thing. Now just about every place has its get-away spot. I'm not complaining, I certainly love the (supposed) atmosphere of bonding with the community I'm/you're working with.

Even if Sharpie and Tails may be the only other two people that can bear my Touhou obession and junk.

*Ahem.* I guess the higher-ups realized we're not all robots and that this kind of interaction with other people created more productivity/inspired more people to get more things done? I really have no clue...

Bluesteak is still somewhat active and by active I mean Tesh/Arikie/SNO and occasionally me are in there.

Top Bottom