• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

BSP

Smash Legend
I liked Gamma's story/gameplay in SA1, but Big was just annoying. I would've been fine with no Big, and more tails stuff, he didn't get enough.

BSP

Smash Legend
Tails doesn't need a robot to make it through a level >:( . Old school sonic is still the best,

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
^^^^

This is why I'm amazing at S3K.

I'll gladly MM anyone to S3K Time Attacks or 2P mode races. <3

I analyze S3K TASes like M2K plays Melee in his head, son.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
Except the time he put into the game.

Such a hater.

BTW, oddly enough...

Winter Olympics has a pretty ****ing awesome OST. The Sky Sanctuary Remix is hot, as is the Sonic Heroes.
Remixes are great, but I'd probably prefer that they made NEW (good) music.

CeroPhantom

Smash Cadet
I played SA2B religiously when I first got it for my Birthday.

Wake up: Go to the Gamecube and play SA2B.
After school.: Go to the Gamecube and play SA2B.

Repeat. For hours, days, weeks, months, maybe even a year. Strangely, I've never gotten all 180 emblems. Too lazy to raise my Chaos. :L I still go back every now and then to climb up to the peak of Meteor Herd and drill back to the bottom. Music is great too.

SA1 was amazing. Sonic stages were pretty fun, and Tails stages were too good. Everything else wasn't bad, but Gamma was pretty fun. I still pop it in every now and then and play through my favourite stages.

Never played '06. I want to, surprisingly. Never considered myself much of a masochist.

Secret Rings was decent. I liked the music, but the controls were annoying. It took me half an hour to realize that the Nunchuk wasn't involved in the controls. No joke. .-.

Trent

Smash Champion
Wow, logged on for the first time in like 10 hours and there's like 4 pages worth of posts.

Wtf.

So canon wise, I read from issue #0 all the way to issue #160 of the archie comics in the past 2 months. Then I stopped because I STILL haven't played Sonic Rush, and they were incorporating it into the comic story.. and I wanted to beat it before I started reading again.

'Doh.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
I played SA2B religiously when I first got it for my Birthday.

Wake up: Go to the Gamecube and play SA2B.
After school.: Go to the Gamecube and play SA2B.

Repeat. For hours, days, weeks, months, maybe even a year. Strangely, I've never gotten all 180 emblems. Too lazy to raise my Chaos. :L I still go back every now and then to climb up to the peak of Meteor Herd and drill back to the bottom. Music is great too.
Getting all the emblems is......not easy.
Cannon's Core in 3 minutes, wtf?!
There's really nothing to gain from doing it though, since you need A-ranks in EVERYTHING to get Green Hill Zone.

Also. Training Chao in the Tiny Chao Garden is much easier than training them on the gamecube considering they eat fruit about 500 times faster.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
At first, getting all of the emblems is pretty extreme.

But the Chao Raising was easier in SA2/B than in SAdv because of the Infinite item glitch.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Wow KRD. You need to remove that sonic in your name. :|

Also, anyone want to play SRB2 with me? :V
Yeah, I know :p I made the name (KRD)Sonic when I was 13, and the only sonic games I had ever played back then were Sonic Advance 1, 2, 3, and Sonic Heroes. I play too many game series to have played them all for any particular series. Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Sonic, lots of other RPGs and stuff...

Also, I think people will hate me for this, but what I've played of Sonic '06 so far has been pretty fun. Then again, I've had absolutely NO glitches happen to me yet.

Sonic Advance 1 is still my favorite Sonic game though. I'd money match nearly anyone here for playing through the whole game, any character (Both using the same character though, obviously).

SRB2 was fun. I haven't played it since last year in October. For some reason I can't host games in it though, but I can join others.

:058:

CeroPhantom

Smash Cadet
I've gotten A-rank in every mission on more than one occasion (bar Green Hill, for obvious reasons), but I could just never bother raising my Chaos. It's probably because I'm too lazy to run through levels to collect chaos drives. :L

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah, I know :p I made the name (KRD)Sonic when I was 13, and the only sonic games I had ever played back then were Sonic Advance 1, 2, 3, and Sonic Heroes. I play too many game series to have played them all for any particular series. Pokemon, Final Fantasy, Sonic, lots of other RPGs and stuff...

Also, I think people will hate me for this, but what I've played of Sonic '06 so far has been pretty fun. Then again, I've had absolutely NO glitches happen to me yet.

Sonic Advance 1 is still my favorite Sonic game though. I'd money match nearly anyone here for playing through the whole game, any character (Both using the same character though, obviously).

SRB2 was fun. I haven't played it since last year in October. For some reason I can't host games in it though, but I can join others.

Sonic's gameplay was broken, primarily at the boarding (both Snow and Crisis City), and the mach speed zones needed more testing. The loading screens are a major hindrance as well. Shadow and Silver's gameplay, however, was lots of fun I found. It's also sad that Blaze played better than Sonic did...

It was a great game, both storyline-wise and only gameplay wise for Shadow and Silver. Sonic needed the work though. Not being able to jump out of the Spin Dash? WHAT?

Also, Shadow's gameplay in Sonic 2006 was what Shadow the Hedgehog should have been more like. With the use of heavy artillery vehicles for some parts, but using his power and combat skills otherwise. I liked the guns and they added something new, but Sonic 2006 did Shadow justice in how he would fight, and it was done well, using his Chaos powers and everything at the control of a button.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I haven't gotten Shadow in that game yet. I got stuck in Crisis City with Sonic, and haven't bothered to continue Silver's storyline since I played through quite a bit and exited before saving by accident.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I really think Sonic Advance 1 was too easy of a game LOL, I preferred Sonic Advance 3 as my favorite new-gen Sonic game.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic Advance 2 is impossible to beat until you run through a level 50 times.

May as well name off all the new-gen games, lol

BSP

Smash Legend
cream makes it too easy. Did anyone else hate the fact that to get knuckles to run fast, you had to give up gliding? That really annoyed me.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Nah. I liked that. Knuckles in those games was meant to be a superspeed character, just like the old days. And his gliding was meant to slow him down in older games but allow him to access places others couldn't.

Knuckles running fast? I'd take that over gliding any day.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
I prefer Sonic Advanced 3 over Sonic Rush just because of Chaos Angel :D
That, and it didn't have that stupidly hard giant mecha boss >:l

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's also sad that Blaze played better than Sonic did.
I enjoyed it. It gave me 24 MORE reasons to play as Blaze.

I've gotten A-rank in every mission on more than one occasion (bar Green Hill, for obvious reasons), but I could just never bother raising my Chaos. It's probably because I'm too lazy to run through levels to collect chaos drives. :L
Green Hill Zone is annoying as hell to get an A-Rank in, even though it doesn't give you anything in return.

I just grabbed every single ring. In case you forgot, in SA2/B (at least), if you collected every ring in the stage, you received an auto-A ranking.

The only reason I don't get SRB2 again is because I'm lazy, and I'm usually busy with other things.

I really think Sonic Advance 1 was too easy of a game LOL, I preferred Sonic Advance 3 as my favorite new-gen Sonic game.
Of the Sadv. series, Sonic Advance 2 was my favorite. It felt like it was the fastest of all three games in terms of speed at its core.

However, Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure are still the two greatest Sonic hand held games, just barely managing to topple Sonic Triple Trouble and Sonic Battle in my book.

:335:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I think the main reason why I like Sonic Advance 1 so much is because of the fact that you get 4 characters to choose from, and the bonus stages were really fun. For some reason Amy is really fun to use in that game too. Knuckles was probably my least favorite to use, though it's like that with most Sonic games (Except Chronicles. I usually had Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy as my team).

KRD, I enjoy your current Avatar.
I plan on keeping it for a while :)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sonic Battle is so good. It's like Sonic Smash Bros for the GBA

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
More like Emerl for banned tier.

And I'm not sure whether Sonic is better than Cream in Sonic Battle or not. I've heard Shadow is broken, so he can be the Meta Knight.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Cream is so freakin' good. Cheese does errthing for you >_<

:093:

Top Bottom