• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Melee overhype?

Now if I were a Melee elitist, I would say "you can't have enough of that!", but me being myself, how did Genesis get so successful for both Melee and Brawl? As far as I know, the two can't really coexist unless people put their childish fetishes aside.

Yet... Genesis happened... :confused:

Also, I plan on using that Super Sonic avatar. I really love the effects on it.

Either with that, or I'll end up using the scourge pic I posted in tourney results... depending on whether or not it still looks good shrunken. :/

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...I wasn't at Genesis. Mom decide no at the last minute, even though I can't say no to her when she wants to go to Europe because 1. I'm still a minor, and 2. It's mom.

What exactly happened? I expected some sparks going about, but what happened about some projector? I myself though people were happy with the way it was run, but really?

Still, just further confirms to me that Brawl and Melee won't be able to coexist on anything but a small/very small scale. :/

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
No metal sonic = :(

Considering the costs and the online registration, I'd be inclined to agree...it's still in MD/VA though and I'm helping with recording and streaming. :ohwell: I do know Plank didn't do a good job hyping the Brawl side of stuff and instead went solely for Melee hype, and it looks like it's working, seeing as how Brawl has 100 less registrants than Melee.

I'm also looking forward to APEX 2 which I hear has a lot of hype recently. The only reason I'm not going to WHOBO 2 is because they don't really have a Brawl+ event (and its far away), and its kind of pointless going there unless I want to meet some of the Midwest/WC Sonic's, on the other hand APEX 2 will have Brawl+ where I can friendly/MM people in B+ and meet a lot of the EC and maybe MW Sonic's.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I have Metal Sonic icons that I can give to you, if you'd like. /will do it tomorrow

Even ones of Neo Metal Sonic.

[EDIT]

At Genesis, Brawl went up on the projection screen for a match, and immediately the Melee group (lotsa people) were getting riled up for it. Chants of "**** BRAWL! **** BRAWL! **** BRAWL!" and the like. Some of the Melee players were disappointed in this behavior, but how would you feel at a massive national bi-smash event, going all out in your game, only to deal with the monkey on your back that is a "joking" remark about your game?

Kind of disheartening, especially if you travel to focus on a game in particular and wanna have fun without hitches.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
http://www.livejournal.com/allpics.bml?user=shatteredsound

Anyone interested in new Sonic avatars, I make them constantly. I have over 200 Sonic ones, many that aren't even shown here because the limit on this account is 100+

The ones that are done by hikaritoyamii are mine. Just thought I'd throw this out there randomly. Got plenty more too. :p
0_0 thank you! some of those are too freakin good. I'll use the "I'm all that" one after christmas passes. Kuraudo is too freakin good.

No metal sonic = :(

I do know Plank didn't do a good job hyping the Brawl side of stuff and instead went solely for Melee hype, and it looks like it's working, seeing as how Brawl has 100 less registrants than Melee.

I'm also looking forward to APEX 2 which I hear has a lot of hype recently. The only reason I'm not going to WHOBO 2 is because they don't really have a Brawl+ event (and its far away), and its kind of pointless going there unless I want to meet some of the Midwest/WC Sonic's, on the other hand APEX 2 will have Brawl+ where I can friendly/MM people in B+ and meet a lot of the EC and maybe MW Sonic's.
o= APEX 2 gogogogogog.
btw :sonic:>>>>>>>>>>Metal sonic. <3 bionic XD
and yeah, doesnt he hate brawl? I dont see someone hyping up something that they hate. :(
either way, im hyped for pound. Ready to show off
annoy
people with this Future Sonic.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
No love for Sonic 2's robot?

Much more difficult then Mecha Sonic, especially considering the fact that you have NO RINGS.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Neo doesnt have the ability to go ****ing Super Mecha Sonic and **** the **** out of you with the power of the master emerald.

Mecha > rest
He's also the only Metal pathetic enough to lose to Knuckles, both regular and Super Metal.

It took twelve characters to beat Neo. TWELVE, with THREE being strengthened by the Chaos Emeralds.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Neo Metal Sonic had an endless resevoir of power from copying the data of most of the characters in Sonic Heroes. He has the data of the Ultimate Life Form, Team Sonic, and the power of Chaos (given the form he takes, Perfect Chaos even); without the emeralds or anything, he has access to Chaos Control, along with a plethora of multiple strengths. It took the strength of Super Sonic, Super Tails and Super Knuckles (though they were merely given the aura and strength of their super forms, and no change in appearance) to stand a chance against him.

Neo Metal Sonic could theoretically be the most powerful fictional character ever created, copying the capabilities of someone else perfectly, without the need for key items that enhance that power. Metal Sonic is Eggman's ultimate creation, and nothing will ever be able to top that. In later games, Dr. Eggman seemed to modify him to dumb down his copying capabilities, to being able to only assess one at a time. Whether that's gameplay mechanics of Sonic Rivals or not, can't be seen. But nonetheless.

Get *****, Mecha Sonic. The regular Knuckles wiped the floor with him.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
He's also the only Metal pathetic enough to lose to Knuckles, both regular and Super Metal.

It took twelve characters to beat Neo. TWELVE, with THREE being strengthened by the Chaos Emeralds.
And way over half of those 12 are pathetic characters who are genuinely insignificant in the grand scheme of the Sonic Realm. Big whoop.

Super Mecha Sonic was as invincible as Neo and only showed weakness in a powered down form, where as neo was still taking damage even in the powered up form. The dude was literally invincible when completely embedded with the Power of the Master emerald, meaning he could of taken on Neo and won as long as he stayed powered up.

Also Neo had to copy powers from characters in order to even pose a threat. Mecha made his OWN **** up once he got the power of the master emerald in his hands. He doesn't need to completely imitate his enemies in order to take them on.

Also, losing to Knuckles isnt terrible at all. Losing to big or cream or espio or someone in significant is terribad. Losing to a ****** knuckles? Not at all.

And Silver Sonic was a piece of ****ing cake one you learned his patterns.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
u mad cuz super mecha be stylin on neo

Just like any of the super forms in the canonical series, as long as you have a source of energy, you're ****ing invincible

that alone makes mecha > metal

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
faillogic is fail.

Super Sonic and Hyper Sonic can be damaged by means other than crushing, timing out, pitfalls, and drowning (Super Sonic only) in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
faillogic is fail.

Super Sonic and Hyper Sonic can be damaged by means other than crushing, timing out, pitfalls, and drowning (Super Sonic only) in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
True, but who the hell is going to do that to a Super Mecha Sonic who is on the side of Robotnik who controls all the advanced technology.

Don't be dissing the Espio. He's the only legit one from Chaotix.
Which is why he's been used like...5 times. Ever since he came into the universe.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
True, but who the hell is going to do that to a Super Mecha Sonic who is on the side of Robotnik who controls all the advanced technology.

Which is why he's been used like...5 times. Ever since he came into the universe.
Tails' mechanical skills rival that of Eggman's. He COULD do it.
He just chooses not to.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
:V does have a good point.

It's not bad losing to Knuckles. Knuckles, next to Sonic and Shadow, is like, one of the best characters in the series. Canonly and speed-wise, he's almost as fast as Sonic and Shadow are, and on top of that (with possible exceptions of Mighty or Omega) is one of the most powerful characters.

Man. Knuckles would have been a high/top tier beast if he were in Brawl.

[EDIT]

Also, it's come to my attention that as of late, they've been changing the strengths and capabilities of a Super Form. To me, it's no longer about being invincible anymore. In Sonic 2006, Solaris was capable of knocking rings out of the three hedgehogs, and in turn, that counts for damaging them. And in Sonic Unleashed, the 360/PS3 version, Super Sonic had a health bar instead, signifying that he could actually be damaged and killed.

I believe that Super Sonic is just so immensely powerful, that unless you are beyond godly in strength, you won't be doing much more than pushing him away; it gives the idea that he is invincible when he really isn't. Everyone else is just pathetically weak in comparison to his super form. So in essence, and I hate to bring up the DBZ comparison, but the super forms have become something akin to the Super Saiyans. If you're not strong enough, they WILL come off as invincible. But match their power and then some? You will hurt them.

[EDIT #2]

Sorry, by canon I'm talking video games. In Sonic Adventure 2 (if you hack to play as him on Sonic and Shadow stages, his top speed rivals Sonic and Shadow), the older games, the Sonic Advance series, Knuckles is really fast. And I personally think Knuckles would be pretty dang good. Good speed AND sickening strength? The speed that Ike wished he had but it's with Knuckles. That's my thing there.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
:V does have a good point.

It's not bad losing to Knuckles. Knuckles, next to Sonic and Shadow, is like, one of the best characters in the series. Canonly and speed-wise, he's almost as fast as Sonic and Shadow are, and on top of that (with possible exceptions of Mighty or Omega) is one of the most powerful characters.

Man. Knuckles would have been a high/top tier beast if he were in Brawl.
Two things:

1: You guys need to clarify when you mean canon. Video game canon would probably be easier to understand, since I consider the Archie series the main linear canon.

2: Knuckles would suck in Brawl. Sonic has these amazing VG canon properties as well, but look at him in Brawl.

In fact, look at Melee. Jigglypuff was one of the better characters. JIGGLYPUFF.

Suspect

Smash Hero
lol. We need Suspect in here. Neko is obviously mad.
u called?
And way over half of those 12 are pathetic characters who are genuinely insignificant in the grand scheme of the Sonic Realm. Big whoop.

Super Mecha Sonic was as invincible as Neo and only showed weakness in a powered down form, where as neo was still taking damage even in the powered up form. The dude was literally invincible when completely embedded with the Power of the Master emerald, meaning he could of taken on Neo and won as long as he stayed powered up.

Also Neo had to copy powers from characters in order to even pose a threat. Mecha made his OWN **** up once he got the power of the master emerald in his hands. He doesn't need to completely imitate his enemies in order to take them on.

Also, losing to Knuckles isnt terrible at all. Losing to big or cream or espio or someone in significant is terribad. Losing to a ****** knuckles? Not at all.

And Silver Sonic was a piece of ****ing cake one you learned his patterns.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Two things:

1: You guys need to clarify when you mean canon. Video game canon would probably be easier to understand, since I consider the Archie series the main linear canon.

2: Knuckles would suck in Brawl. Sonic has these amazing VG canon properties as well, but look at him in Brawl.

In fact, look at Melee. Jigglypuff was one of the better characters. JIGGLYPUFF.
Just because Sonic sucks doesnt mean Knuckles would suck.

I mean HELL. You know who designed and balanced this game on his own.

Also, I mean canonical from a gaming perspective.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Two things:

Well Metaknight is broke in the kirby games and brawl.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
StH2's Metal Sonic was easy mode.
True.

But Mecha Sonic was beginner mode. Seriously. There's absolutely no way "Silver Sonic" was easier than Mecha Sonic.

This is starting to sound like that "If Smash Characters Were True to their Games" thread. We're more civilized than that.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Silver Sonic is TECHNICALLY easier than Mecha Sonic on the sole ground that going into battle with mecha means that you're prearmed with rings. Such is not the case with Silver. if it wasnt for that, Silver would be a ****ing pushover....oh wait. he is anyways with or without rings.

Mecha > Silver.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Silver Sonic is easy only if you know the tactic of just bouncing on his head until he starts spinning. Otherwise you're pressured with the whole one-hit kill thing. XD

BSP

Smash Legend
Didn't silver sonic make that buzzing noise twice, everytime, and then start to attack? Once you caught on, it was pretty easy.

Hyper Sonic should come back, and they should figure out whther or not Super Sonic is invincible, or what can and can't hurt him.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
Meh. I don't feel like arguing about a video game.

On another note, I have reason to believe that my younger brother got me Sonic Unleashed (PS2/Wii) for Christmas. I've heard very mixed reviews about this game, sooooo. Anyone here care to offer any input?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/472-Sonic-Unleashed

EDIT: lolololol are you implying I've never played S&K? How else would I know who Mecha Sonic was in the first place?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Silver Sonic is easy only if you know the tactic of just bouncing on his head until he starts spinning. Otherwise you're pressured with the whole one-hit kill thing. XD
I always start a spindash on the spot he's suppose to land on. It usually nets me 5 hits. Then you just dodge the dash and jump for 3 more hits.

On another note, I have reason to believe that my younger brother got me Sonic Unleashed (PS2/Wii) for Christmas. I've heard very mixed reviews about this game, sooooo. Anyone here care to offer any input?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/472-Sonic-Unleashed

EDIT: lolololol are you implying I've never played S&K? How else would I know who Mecha Sonic was in the first place?
I have it on the Wii. Daytime is amazingly fun. Nighttime is boring.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

There is a werehog...need I say more? I really don't but I will. You remove the werehog and Chip and you have a decent game. Nothing too amazing.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Sonic Unleashed is only good on the PS3/360. Dimps loves werewolf too much. >:

Also, bringing Hyper Sonic back would **** the canonical aspect of the Sonic world, which sucks because Hyper Sonic and REAL super tails are still the greatests super forms that the Sonic universe has to offer.

Top Bottom