• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Bull ****ing ****, Neko. Daytime levels on the Wii are fun as hell.

Having said that, Daytime levels on the 360/PS3 **** face.

BSP

Smash Legend
Meh. I don't feel like arguing about a video game.

On another note, I have reason to believe that my younger brother got me Sonic Unleashed (PS2/Wii) for Christmas. I've heard very mixed reviews about this game, sooooo. Anyone here care to offer any input?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/472-Sonic-Unleashed

EDIT: lolololol are you implying I've never played S&K? How else would I know who Mecha Sonic was in the first place?
The Sonic part is good and fun. The werehog isn't bad, but there is way too much. For example, for one stage, you have one sonic level, then five werehog levels in a row :ohwell: Get the other version.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Bull ****ing ****, Neko. Daytime levels on the Wii are fun as hell.

Having said that, Daytime levels on the 360/PS3 **** face.
Its not that its just that the ratio for Rev/PS2 levels in Day:Night is in night's favor were as on PS3/360, its 1:1

ie Dimps loves Werewolf levels because there are more of them than day time.

Daytime levels, no matter what version are MAD FUN OmG

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Oh god. Sonic Unleashed and the final level, Eggman Land, was the single most greatest challenge in a Sonic game EVER (SO HARD!) It was a miracle that I succeeded in making it through on my first try without dying. But by gods will I ever be able to do it again. LOL

The Wii stages for Sonic Unleashed didn't seem quite as fast as the 360/PS3 version, and there was a lot of 3D running forward with lots of open space, and not a lot of obstacles/challenges. Still fun? Oh yeah. I feel more alive when playing my 360 version though (poor Abadat though. so many horrendous frame drops)

I also really liked the Werehog stages when needing a break from the intense speed; my only gripe was if you died and you lost your score, attempting to get an S Rank. And if you want that S Rank you basically had to restart the level. Powering through instead of exploring as the Werehog though, was fun.

BSP

Smash Legend
it's heavily in night's favor. There are less than 10 full sonic stages (wtf). Seriously, what were they thinking...

Can anyone get under two minutes on Shamar (Wii/Ps2) ?

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
I have my doubts about the Manhog......

It basically reminds me of every single game based on mainstream movies.

"Agent Cody Banks: The Game!"

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The Wii stages for Sonic Unleashed didn't seem quite as fast as the 360/PS3 version, and there was a lot of 3D running forward with lots of open space, and not a lot of obstacles/challenges. Still fun? Oh yeah. I feel more alive when playing my 360 version though (poor Abadat though. so many horrendous frame drops)
Of course they weren't. Wiis2's version used the Havokk engine, I believe. PS360 used The Hedgehog Engine.

I actually have a few old-***** speed runs through EML on my Wii version on my youtube account.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
Oh god. Sonic Unleashed and the final level, Eggman Land, was the single most greatest challenge in a Sonic game EVER (SO HARD!) It was a miracle that I succeeded in making it through on my first try without dying. But by gods will I ever be able to do it again. LOL
I will say that getting the hot dog mission achievement for Eggman Land was probably one of the hardest things I have done in a long time (it took me three days of playing to be able to pull it off), but atleast I can now gloat about it.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Get it for PS3. At least then you get the epic that is Final Fantasy XIII later. ...if you're an RPG fan. >>

[EDIT]

And yes, I know it comes out on 360 too.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Can anyone show me a picture of Anti Sonic before he went Mean Green? I hate looking at a bad quality video of him on youtube and doin it from memory. >.>

Here's what I done so far.

I know for sure the...
Belt needs fixing
The jacket collar is out of place
The eyes a bit, too green?
That blue tint/line on his glasses gotta go? Or thinner?

Need halp if you don't mind.

BSP

Smash Legend
touche...

Does that game have actual wi-fi playability, or is it still just posting records?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Wind Crest in Secret Rings is amazing though. Blow by stages in about 2 minutes with that thing. It made the game so worthwhile for me.

Until the disc scratched badly enough that I can't play much anymore. :/

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Except the time he put into the game.

Such a hater.

BTW, oddly enough...

Winter Olympics has a pretty ****ing awesome OST. The Sky Sanctuary Remix is hot, as is the Sonic Heroes.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Oh come on. I'm having some fun. I don't seriously mean it. At least he still has data. I dont have my data anymore so if I he got a new disc, he'd be fine.

I was pissed when my console died. I lost everything on it. :/

So I can relate.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The amount of scratches on the disc is a testament of how much time I devoted to completing the game, lol.

Similarly, I've played Paper Mario 1000 Year Door for so long it can't go 30 seconds on one of my old files before it flops up. Now that I'm sad about.

Didn't know Winter Olympics had remixes...guess I'll go look them up now.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It has a few, but not enough.

Some of the Mario remixes are pretty bad ***, though.

BSP

Smash Legend
The amount of scratches on the disc is a testament of how much time I devoted to completing the game, lol.

Similarly, I've played Paper Mario 1000 Year Door for so long it can't go 30 seconds on one of my old files before it flops up. Now that I'm sad about.

That really sucks. 100 Year door is fun...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

As long as you have data, there isnt much to worry about.

I lost my VMU that had my 40+ hour save file of Grandia II.

Now I refuse to play the game until I forgot about 80% of the game because I was ****ing PISSED.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Secret Rings made me cry.

I have to level up...in order to make sonic play like he normally should in any sonic game? wat
Dang, I forgot abotu Secret Rings. I bought it and still haven't played it yet. That means I'll need to beat that, finnish Sonic '06, and finnish Sonic Adventure 2 (Not looking forward to it. I just... really don't like the levels where you have to hunt for shards, too boring to me). Heck, I still need to finnish Gamma's and Big's storylines on SA1 :/

:058:

Top Bottom