• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Edit: Am I a bad person for having fun writing Sonic fanfics? D:

:058:
Only if it sucks. :D

=====

Sonic Battle?

God Tier:
Emerl (with abilities)

High Tier:
Shadow
Cream
Sonic
Eggman

Mid Tier:
Amy
Rouge
Tails

Low Tier:
Knuckles
Chaos Gamma

Bottom Tier:
Chaos
Emerl (Without any abilities)

At least, that's what I think. :p~

I usually played mostly as Rouge, just because her air game was pretty good, and she had a fun little aerial infinite.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
Rouge's dash attack is sex. But I never liked her jumping mechanic.

Sonic and Cream are very close imo. Cream has better specials overall (including an amazing SET) but Sonic is obviously faster has better basic combos.

I've always thought Shadow was kind of overrated. Sonic has much better traction so I've always preferred his running skill. His POW specials were really good and on the ground it was on par with MK's infinite cape glitch in terms of gayness. A basic 1-2-3-Heavy combo with an aim attack was usually enough to kill another player, but I'm pretty sure I've been able to get my guard up between his 3rd attack and his heavy attack.

Also, Gamma should be above Knuckles if only for his dash and the fact that he explodes when he dies. Knuckles is trash.

Sonic Battle tourneys would be amazing.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Rouge's dash attack is sex. But I never liked her jumping mechanic.

Sonic and Cream are very close imo. Cream has better specials overall (including an amazing SET) but Sonic is obviously faster has better basic combos.

I've always thought Shadow was kind of overrated. Sonic has much better traction so I've always preferred his running skill. His POW specials were really good and on the ground it was on par with MK's infinite cape glitch in terms of gayness. A basic 1-2-3-Heavy combo with an aim attack was usually enough to kill another player, but I'm pretty sure I've been able to get my guard up between his 3rd attack and his heavy attack.

Also, Gamma should be above Knuckles if only for his dash and the fact that he explodes when he dies. Knuckles is trash.

Sonic Battle tourneys would be amazing.
I loved Rouge's jump mechanics. She escapes several combos just because of it (ex: Shadow's heavy hit). Her drill dash attack on the ground was also an infinite against a wall, and leads into a lot of good setups, especially with her aerial homing mines.

Rouge's problem lies within her terrible follow up game after spiking someone into the ground, as well as overall terrible specials (exceptions being the spiral kick and the aerial mines), mediocre damage output, terrible guard (though it's not much a problem when you get used to its speed), and weak defenses.

I think Cream is better, because after she kills you, she pretty much restores at LEAST 25% of both health and energy before you're able to spawn back in. Sonic has a terrible heal, and they both pretty much break even in terms of damage output, defense, and setups.

Shadow's a dirty ***** too. There's a reason he's overrated.

Gamma above Knuckles?

Both of them are terrible, and can be blocked in between their combos, but Knuckles has better specials (even the Falcon Punch) that deal massive amounts of damage.

Besides, the explosion thing is only good against scrubs. That explosion is EASILY shielded, and nets the opponent around 40-60% energy for just shielding it. Too many times I've seen someone like Cream around 50% energy, KO a Gamma, shield the explosion, then OHKO him the moment he respawns because she got 100% energy from the shielding the explosion, then shield's THAT explosion for 40-50% more energy. GG, you just lost two lives and she's at the point she was at before she KO'd you the first time (a bit more since I'm sure she recovered a bit inbetween respawn times).

=====

PS: Eggman can't be played unless you action replay the GBA game. But Eggman is beast. His everything combos into his anything completely, while his death explosion KILLS you if you don't shield, and if you DO shield, you're gonna eat a ton of damage anyways.

Reason why Eggman isn't in Emerl's tier is because his movement is garbage, and he CAN'T ATTACK while airborne as far as I know.

@KRD: Only if the poems suck. :D

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
...wat. the gd activity just skyrocketed @_@ i'll just put my opinions on some matters.

Sonic 06...i liked it (im kinda biased as i like all Sonic games) but i just hated when i kept dying as Sonic on the first stage when you have to chase eggman when i first started playing it. 1 run into the wall and you cant even move to avoid the next hit and lose a life. wuuuut. Also, Espy, you...you just...blaze...grah.

about the robot fakers
they all got the duck, so it doesnt matter who's better. lol jk'in but i didnt really pay attention to the roboticized fakers, i just really wanted them deaded. :x

werehog was...@_@. i dont hate the idea, but i do agree that the stages were pretty long. I have the PS3 version of it btw. Eggmanland was crazy. I managed to S rank it though after 3 hours. @_@. hypehypehype Project Needlemouse, but i read somewhere that it might only be a download. really?! A DOWNLOAD?! they need to put that stuff in a case in cd form. Sega better not mess this one up <_<

Sonic and the Winter games...eh, its ok as long as i dont have to pick that trollplumber, or anyone on his side. The music is too good.

Sonic's storybook series...Secret Rings took a while getting used to. I didnt mind it, and it was pretty fun.
Black Knight was also pretty fun. I just liked the fact that as soon as Merlina was destroyed, all Sonic does is gives a thumbs up. loll

Sonic handheld series was a blessing to me. SAdv1-3 was so fun, but 2 was the best to me. Sonic rush and Sonic rush adventure are the best games i have on my DS. nuff said.

Sonic Battle...nuff said. Also, that game is completely broken as you can just block ANY move in the game. btw, i only use sonic (yes, it follows me everywhere) and train vs 3 broken emerls (i used a gameshark to get all his skills and have 999 skill points). block block block. I hate Shadow's chasing attack. Its too fast to hit him with your own. Not only that, there is alot of infinites in this game. From Rouges dash attack to Sonic's dash to jab lock infinite, its a freakin broken game. I still love it though. XD

TL:DR version
i need to stay on this thread more. :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You must've never played Sonic Battle with other human opponents. It goes way beyond just hitting shield all the time.

And what about Blaze, Speed? You got something to say? :p

~TBS~

Smash Champion
...Sonic>Blaze lol jk <3

And yeah, we had localized Sonic battle tourneys around MD at my school. It was alot of people...like 50-65 entrants everytime. Mostly Shadows and Creams, some rouges here and there, and then there was that dude who used Chaos...ouch. They must have not been that good compared to your skill level espy.

Browny

Smash Hater
OK so I never put much thought into Sonic rush, I always figured Blaze was better, used her almost every time, but couldnt figure out why lol. Was there specific reasons why she was so much better? Or am imad, and shes the same as sonic >_<

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Blaze plays differently than Sonic. She can Hover and her R movement in the air is more in tune to her UpR, as it gives her a bigger boost in the air than Sonic, while her SideR was a reg boost, whereas Sonic just does what he normally does: runs in the blue streak. His UpR doesnt go to the same length as Blaze (its a bit shorter), while his SideR sends him into an sideways kick with a constant hitbox that goes farther than Blaze's. I dunno what made you pick her more though. Character Preference?

@Axis
If we can get it to work, i say we go for it. I'll still go all Sonic. XP
no CP'in shadow. >_< lol jk

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I never beat Sonic Rush either >.< Got far though. Only reason I stopped playing is because my DS is uhh... kinda broken right now x.x Blaze was easier to use for me, though I prefered Sonic.

:058:

Browny

Smash Hater
nah it was coz it seemed her fireball or whatever standard dashing attack ripped through everything while sonics just didnt. maybe it was pure chance, but I failed levels a lot more often when I used Sonic :/

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
SM5 said:
@Axis
SBBR Standard Ruleset:
-5 stock
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
-Emerl is banned.
-Shadow's Infinite Chaos Burst exploit is banned.
-If a game ends with two aim attacks colliding, the winner will be the pursuer.
-You are responsible for your own connection. If a match is to be restarted due to disconnection, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
-Stalling is banned.

Let's do this.

CeroPhantom

Smash Cadet
I lost my Sonic battle game. But it was alright, since I'd already beaten the game. I still hadn't gotten all of Emerl's Ultimate attacks. I had Ultimate Run. :L

After I tried getting another Ultimate attack, around twenty times trying, I gave up. I remember popping the game out of my DS and throwing it behind me. After that it's all a blank. .-.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
so i herd y'all liek beating up on LOLimar?

Well I know I do, and I had so much fun when I was messing around in debug mode and gave Tails the idea to post a pic on photobucket.

But because it's the holidays, I thought I'd spread the gift of joy the one way I know how:

Happy early holidays everybody!

To: The internet.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
SBBR Standard Ruleset:
-5 stock
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
-Emerl is banned.
-Shadow's Infinite Chaos Burst exploit is banned.
-If a game ends with two aim attacks colliding, the winner will be the pursuer.
-You are responsible for your own connection. If a match is to be restarted due to disconnection, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
-Stalling is banned.

Let's do this.
omg i'm totally game

lets do this ****

hyyypppeeee

EDIT: what about stages and infinites in general.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Blaze plays differently than Sonic. She can Hover and her R movement in the air is more in tune to her UpR, as it gives her a bigger boost in the air than Sonic, while her SideR was a reg boost, whereas Sonic just does what he normally does: runs in the blue streak. His UpR doesnt go to the same length as Blaze (its a bit shorter), while his SideR sends him into an sideways kick with a constant hitbox that goes farther than Blaze's. I dunno what made you pick her more though. Character Preference?

@Axis
In a nutshell, Blaze was faster and more mobile in the air than Sonic, but Sonic was faster on the ground. That about covers it.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
This...Scourge...in mah Sonic boards?! TREASON! Get em Gainingadorf!

lol yeah, since i wont be able to actually say it christmas day, merry christmas and happy holidays everyone. (Im gonna be very busy tomorrow. >_<)

@Axis
looks good man. I just hope connections can work fine.

@Espy
yah, pretty much. Still, i prefer the blue blur.

BSP

Smash Legend
I lost my copy too >_< I never played against a human opponent either, but it's been so long since i played that game.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
I don't know of too many infinites.

But I do know that most dash attacks knock the other player on the ground, and can simply be followed up by another dash attack, or a jab combo. Should we make it a rule that you have to wait for the other player to get up before continuing? Otherwise.........

Also, we have to consider different types of stalling. For example, running away from Chaos at every given chance and healing.

I don't really see any stages being ban worthy, however you could probably make arguments for green hill zone, the foundry (for pillars that obscure your view too much) and that icy one (simply due to its size).

Neko, could you PM me instrusctions for setting up and using Hamachi?

Oh, and I have also never played against human opponents. But as soon as I get used to this keyboard, you're all goin deeeeooooooowwwnnnn.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
tbh, stalling, glitch abuse, and infinite should be banned. simple.

Also, I'll PM them to you once I remember how to use hamachi, which shouldnt be to hard as I abused the **** out of it for SRB2.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wait, someone will actually play as Chaos? God have mercy on them.

At least his dash makes him invincible, lol.

Esca

Smash Champion
Smashboards Name: KRDsonic
Birthday: June 26, 1992
Height and Weight: (I forgot my height lol), 107 pounds
Current Location: Houston, TX
System you own: SNES, GBA, DS, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox360
Last couple of games you played aside from Brawl: FF6, InuYasha Feudal Fairytale
Smash Rival: It used to be Esca, now I don't really have a rival.
What do you mean, used to be?

Surrender NOW or prepare to fight!

10 namesearches.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Also, we have to consider different types of stalling. For example, running away from Chaos at every given chance and healing.

Neko, could you PM me instrusctions for setting up and using Hamachi?

Oh, and I have also never played against human opponents. But as soon as I get used to this keyboard, you're all goin deeeeooooooowwwnnnn.
That is precisely why Chaos is bottom tier. We shouldn't come up with rules just to make a character seem better than they actually are.

As for stage obscurity, isn't there camera controls to work with? I'd say let people hide if they can use it to their advantage.

We're a (pretend?) SBBR, we need to make a ruleset geared towards true competitive play.

Wait, someone will actually play as Chaos? God have mercy on them.

At least his dash makes him invincible, lol.
This, many times this.

Also if we can do some kind of SB tourney via Wi-Fi, I'm game.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd probably just go as 100% Rouge. She's too fun to play.

Anyways, I'm out for tonight. Happy holidays to everyone.

And have a Merry Steakmas.

Top Bottom