• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
:(

Take the occasional naps during the day, I guess.

edit:

[collapse=] This, apparently, is an actual letter received by the UK Passport Office.

Dear Sirs,

I'm in the process of renewing my passport, and still cannot believe how is it that Sky Television has my address and telephone number and knows that I bought a bleeding satellite dish from them back in 1988, and yet, the Government is still asking me where I was bloody born and on what date.

Do you guys do this by hand?

My birth date you have on my pension book.

It's on all the income tax forms I've filed for the past 30 years.

It is on my National Health card.

My driving licence.

My car insurance.

On the last eight damn passports I've had.

It's on all those stupid customs declaration forms I've had to fill out before being allowed off the plane over the last 30 years.

All those insufferable census forms.

Would somebody please take note, once and for all, that my mother's name is Mary Anne, my father's name is Robert and I'd be absolutely astounded if that WOULD ever change between now and when I die!!

I apologise, I'm really pissed off this morning.
Between you an' me, I've had enough of this bull****!

You send the application to my house, then you ask me for my bleeding address!!

What is going on? Do you have a gang of neanderthal arseholes workin' there?

Look at my damn picture.

Do I look like Bin Laden?

I don't want to dig up Yasser Arafat, for **** sakes. I just want to go and park my arse on some sandy beach somewhere.

And would someone please tell me, why would you give a **** whether I plan on visiting a farm in the next 15 days?

If I ever got the urge to do something wierd to a chicken or a goat, believe you me, you'd be the last ****ing people I'd want to tell!

Well, I have to go now,'cause I have to go to the other end of the poxy city to get another ****ing copy of my birth certificate, to the tune of £30.

Would it be so complicated to have all the services in the same spot to assist in the issuance of a new passport the same day?

Nooooooooooooo, that'd be too damn easy and maybe make sense.

You'd rather have us running all over the ****in' place like chickens with our heads cut off, then WE have to find some arsehole to confirm that it's really me on the damn picture - you know, the one where we're not allowed to smile?! (bureaucratic ****in' morons)

Hey, do you know why we couldn't smile if we wanted to? Because we're totally pissed off!

Signed

An Irate Citizen

P.S. Remember what I said above about the picture and getting someone to confirm that it's me?

Well, my family has been in this country since 1776 ...

I have served in the military for something over 30 years and have had full security clearances over 25 of those years enabling me to undertake highly secretive missions all over the world.

However, I have to get someone 'important' to verify who I am - you know, someone like my doctor ..

WHO WAS BORN AND RAISED IN FRIGGIN` PAKISTAN!
[/collapse]

Normally I'd post this in my social group but it's not back yet so I'm posting this here.

So the caretaker was in my flat today while I was withering away in my lectures and when I returned, my roommate informed me that he (the caretaker) had "fixed" our kitchen door.

There was nothing wrong with the door. It just didn't shut properly and that was awesome because it was a heavy fire door. It was incredibly convenient to just push the door open especially when I had plates to put back in the kitchen. This is just a minor inconvenience though which I've already solved by shoving a piece of cardboard where the lock is. If he comes back again I'm gonna tell him I fixed the door he broke.

The real bugger is our kitchen cupboard has been falling apart for the past half year (oh he knows about it) and he hasn't bothered fixing that. Seriously if there's a raging fire, that door isn't gonna swing backwards. ****ing ****shaft.

True Blue

Smash Lord
NO JMAN! Don't leave me! Come to Miami!! Lol. Just kidding. Community kinda died here too. Been playing a lot of Yugioh and making people mad with my style of jokes and angst. lol

Kupo Rose

Just show your gamecube controller and your copy of brawl and they'll understand.

No, its notification of selection for Permanent Change in Station (PCS- getting a new base)

Im going to JAPAN!
Ahh good so it wasn't me. The "Congratulations!" in the beginning had me going.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Well, it says permanent change in station like... the next sentence :p.

Im am woefully terrible at japanese. But im 2hrs from tokyo so I can get there most any weekend. Should be good times

Tesh

Smash Hero
lol sonic looks so harmless with 2 eyes. I guess you never really notice he is a cyclops freak after all these years

True Blue

Smash Lord
I will just watch my Dad play it since I know he will buy it and I can laugh at him when he does play it and starts to cheat. And eventually my kid will do that to me as karma dictates lol

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Tha-anks gaiz.

Tomb Raider has been really good thus far. Its far from perfect, its really similar to AC and Unchrtered, but I am loving it. Perk system really makes you decide what you want to work on first. However... combat generally is too easy, and im playing on Hard. Arrow to the dome is death, and even when you shoot one near a partner npc, they don't seem to notice. I got 7 arrow headshots in about 9 seconds and cleared a zone. I lol'd.

Survival perks alllll day

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The new Tomb Raider was advertised as a type of Uncharted-like game, so it's to be expected. :applejack:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Its quite good though, really

@Quest, Im for sure going short of me getting into significant legal trouble that would make me ineligible to leave this duty station. Im gonna be there, rofl

Kupo Rose

Had an awkward train ride last night.

Some guy kept falling asleep on my shoulder... Much to the amusement of the fellow passanger infront of me.

Kept nudging him away but he still leaned towards me. To make matters worse, he was drooling.

Also, note to self: Need new shoes. Nearly slipped about 4-5 times walking in the sludge and ice to class this morning.

Kupo Rose

Of the below freezing temperature over here, right?

I hope the path warms up at least when I wake up.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos

If the sizes were the same as it appeared on your post
Would've worked perfectly from what I was seeing.

Kupo Rose

How's this?

There we go~ (maaaaan the things I do when I bored)

Espy needs to learn to use avatars that are not <200x200

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well as of recently me and the rest of my states players have scheduled a tournament in july that we're hoping can get a lot of OoR. It's MK banned though(not that it affects any of you guys using sonic and all :p) and we've managed to get an additional $200 towards the pot split between doubles and singles( it could be for both events depending on attendance). I'm posting the link here incase any of you guys would be interested in attending.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14032

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@True: Why not? That sucks.
I love sweets the most.

@Kupo: It's k. Texas is hot, but mailing services are usually pretty good about it. A friend from the UK sent us some chocolate that was stuck in mail limbo for some weeks before getting to us, and the chocolate was just fine.

My passion tho. That's another problem altogether.:applejack:

Top Bottom