• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Or you could just go to KID's profile and click on the threads he's created.

this.

everyone do this.

LMFAO! Oh god. Just too funny. I still have yet to see that movie lol
you are a terrible human being.

it just makes it 5 times worse that I can see you saying everything you post making the same exact motion as that terrible avatar of yours

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The movie isn't even that good.
Jack's Joker is still better on screen, and Hamill's Joker is so far above them that it's disgusting. :applejack:

True Blue

Smash Lord
you are a terrible human being.

it just makes it 5 times worse that I can see you saying everything you post making the same exact motion as that terrible avatar of yours
LOL! And that is why I LOVE this picture. Too good.

I will watch Dark Knight at some point. But I have this habit where when people tell me to watching something cause it is really good and they tell me that over and over I just don't end up watching it.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Thanks for the help guys, I think I figured it out!!

The new Batman's are not as good. Adam West Batman is the only good Batman.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't remember the old Batman movies so well, but they never felt as real or as serious as the newer ones. Jack was kinda funny, but he wasn't as creepy and chilling as the new Joker. I know alot of people wound up giving him far too much credit, simply because he died right after the movie was finished filming, but I always kind of felt like the old Batman stuff was laugh-out-loud bad (except for the awesome animated series).

Labernash

Smash Lord
That was the point! Batman was supposed to be funny.

Think about it.

Bats.

Useless. Let's make a super hero!

They made this new, over-dramatic guy who is supposed to be all hard. rns.

No it's bad.

Good Batman - Batman punched a shark that was gnawing at his leg as he and Robin were flying away in the Batcopter. Robin sprayed the shark with shark repellent and it let go of Batman and fell back into the ocean.

Bad Batman - WHERE'S RACHEL?!? GIVE ME A NAME!! DON'T SWEAR TO GOD SWEAR TO ME!! ALFRED!! AHCHSDHSHEOZGWYSBEUGSUD

You never know what this new chump is saying. Masking his voice to sound all gruff, it's more lame than when they tried to be lame.

Tesh

Smash Hero
They had moments where they missed their mark, but I'm not just admiring them for trying (even though its far easier to just be silly). I won't pretend I didn't chuckle at Batman's "growl" or Bane's pathetic asthma attack voice, but there were many moments where I didn't feel like I was just watching a live action version of a kids cartoon/comic and I felt like I was watching a movie that was simply good on its own.

As someone who didn't really follow Batman, the movies didn't feel like they were leaning heavily on the comic/cartoon backstory to tell me most of the story.

I really enjoyed a more serious look at the story, and the new Joker really fit the deranged madman persona feel that I got from the animated series. Giddy and grim.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I actually saw the new Batman's before the old and I liked the olds a lot better. I didn't even think the new ones were good on movie standards.

Batman is a dumb super hero anyways. He's wimpy for one, but as a character, lameee. He's too busy, single minded save the city. Where as, say, Iron Man is bumpin bisquits and being sexy, THEN saving the world.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I always liked him because he wasn't a SUPER hero. He didn't have inexplicable magical powers or outlandish robotic laser canon suits that could fly. From what I've seen from characters like superman, you have to be pretty dumb to have all that power and still find a challenge in fighting "mortals". It just gets to the point where you don't enjoy watching superman (or other super heroes) fall into some dumb trap involving their ONE weakness then power through it without doing anything remotely clever.

Everything about batman's approach, his tactics, his stealth , the fear is all more attractive as a character imo.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Superman is dumb anyways.

I will agree that the stealth aspect is interesting, but as for serious as Batman takes himself, he can't really back it up.

Now Hulk, that's a good super hero. He's not even really a hero necessarily, but he has the consciousness to do good. It's pretty cool, really. He is afraid of his temper, as he could hurt someone, and it's an ever constant thing to control. But he must also use it as protection to the universe. Not only is he pretty much the most OP super hero, but he's pretty interesting as well.

Also Daredevil.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
And then did you grow up and realize his ignorance led to the death of several superheroes and caused several of the marvel universe's worst problems?

Also, Heath's Joker was the worst portrayal of the joker thus far. I'm not saying Heath was a bad actor, or that he couldn't have done a good job. But the character he portrayed was NOT the Joker. As its own, seperate character, it was amazing. But it just wasn't the Joker.

And at this new kid, calling Batman wimpy or dumb is a bold statement that you can't back up. If you're basing this off of the movie, I still refuse to acknowledge any of the movies as properly portraying Batman. He's beaten Superman, Darkseid, and several other OP beings on numerous occasions, without any powers himself. I don't believe you've read the comics, and thus I disregard your opinion until you do. Because they are the only true portrayal of Batman.

Labernash

Smash Lord
And at this new kid, calling Batman wimpy or dumb is a bold statement that you can't back up. If you're basing this off of the movie, I still refuse to acknowledge any of the movies as properly portraying Batman. He's beaten Superman, Darkseid, and several other OP beings on numerous occasions, without any powers himself. I don't believe you've read the comics, and thus I disregard your opinion until you do. Because they are the only true portrayal of Batman.

But that's after they tried to make Batman cool. Didn't work, IMO.

Bad Batman - I am vengeance. I am the night. I. Am Batman.

Good Batman - Holy *contextual pun* Batman!

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
It's preference really, it's like trying to determine which James Bond is better... You can't. You like the character but maybe not how he is currently/or was portrayed. I personally prefer the more darker and serious style of Batman. If I wanted to watch a stupid superhero I'll watch Hancock. :mistyface:

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-GkQihKYvM

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Justice League Unlimited Batman will always be my favorite Batman of all time. :applejack:

@Wedge: Agreed about Heath's Joker. It wasn't The Joker.
It was a joker wearing a Joker costume.
People these days just have a thing with gritty rehashes, and that annoys me to no end.

Life

Smash Hero
A part of maturity IMO is understanding that, to paraphrase TVTropes, Not All True Art is Angsty. 'Course, you can't really go the opposite way either, and reject something out of hand just because GRIMDARK.

I think dark/paranoid Batman and Shark-repellant-Batspray Batman are both great, even though they're wildly different interpretations of the character.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Grimdark Bats is 'k.
Grimdark Joker not as much for me.
If it was Happy-Go-Lucky-Cynical-GRIMDARK-Sociopath Joker, then I'd be 'k.

As for Batman, I'm more for the smoother Bats.
That or a George Clooney bias.

Labernash

Smash Lord
I don't generally like Batman either way, but I just prefer the old school Batman if I had to chose.

I'm not actually much for superheroes, but the recent Marvel movies are fun. Always liked Hulk, though. But I look at different superheroes and always find something cheesy/lame that I don't like for some reason. :/

Adam West is just a champ.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
90's Spidey >>>>>>> Any current Spidey. Peter Parker was never a *****. Get Toby Maguire out of here.

Batman animated series >>>>>>> Any Current Batman. The next best is Batman Beyond.

Mark Hamill's voice/personality + Heath Ledger's look = Godlike Joker

Superman is weak.

Villans/Anti-Heroes > Heroes anyways.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Toby Maguire is quite possibly the coolest man alive. When I'm about to act cool, I think "what would Toby Maguire do?"

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
I like the Dark Knight Batman, then the Justice Leauge-esque Batman.

Also, yes, Hulk is awesome (my 2nd fav. behind Batman).

True Blue

Smash Lord
I am glad I wasn't hear for the big Batman debate. Cause I would have nothing to say about that. Lol except that in DC I like the Flash.

And I don't care what IronMan did. I think he is still awesome and funny.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Hyped for the Pokemon anime's "Episode N" saga.

N and Ghetsis and Shadow Triad and Charizard and Genesect and Colress oh my.

Top Bottom