• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Life

Smash Hero
I'm always the guy that tries to make the peace when BVM shows up. Waste of time? Maybe. But nothing holds Smash back more than this feud, so I try to throw water on the fire whenever I can. Not that there's enough water on Jungle Japes to put it out.

(I especially enjoy the "FGC only cares about Brawl" argument. Because there's anything we can do about Street Fighter stalkers.)

True Blue

Smash Lord
Yo stick me in a room and I can bring everyone together to try and throw me out. Lol. Probably not. But I like poking fun at people at random times. Sometimes I see it was bad and try to redeem the situation. Like at WHOBO4 when Ally was nervous of his next match and I came up and was like "There's nothing to worry about, just don't get grabbed. It's not like you will mess up. I mean not like everyone is watching you're every movement.-" I just went on and then I noticed he was legitimately nervous so I was like "Nah just kidding you're Ally. No one could stop you, you'll do fine!" lol

And at WABA I don't think I heard a bigger crowd yell for me NOT to go commentate. lol

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Oklahoma Melee and Oklahoma Brawl get along pretty well....

...During the rare times we're together. We pretty much keep to ourselves with little contact any other time.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I prefer Taiyō ken. Experiments show that those who are hit with it are too preoccupied/stupid to switch to sensing others out while the eyes recover, so free hits galore.

It would be very cool to use Bukūjutsu hough.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Why can't kanji be simple.

How viable are Sonic's pivot grabs? I got a whole slew of them on wifi earlier today, and felt like it gave me a lot of offensive momentum, but that's just psychological benefit. Is there any physical reason to use them over Sonic's Spindash cancel -> Grabs? Because it doesn't look like it has a lot of range.

It is a real troll move to use at the final frames of a foxtrot though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pivot grabbing as Sonic is pretty viable, but just remember that the range on it is really bad. :applejack:

Life

Smash Hero
Since Espy changed his name, I feel like bringing up something that's been bothering me ever since I joined Smashboards.

What the heck is a kasrani?

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I kinda miss wifi. DDP'ing online was tricky but so fun.

Then I tripped like 5 times in a match.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Oh I see. Well you should wifi me at some point in the future...when I have wifi again (usually every other weekend)

also yes, pivot grab has some uses, but it cannot punish spotdodge in most cases (like other characters' pivot grabs often do). For that you would have to do a run behind > reverse SDC grab or something...or even a run behind reverse side-B

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sounds good, though I may be using Jigglypuff more than Sonic. She's pretty fun, lol. I wonder how the Puff/Tink MU works out when neither player is going for the time out for some reason.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
pivot grabbing is really good against characters that are force to choose a side when covering their landing. like if ddd wants to bair you when he falls, you can run under and get an easy punish.

late add, but at this point dr PP, Armada and Hbox (and to a lesser extent, Axe, Kage and Shroomed) are the only worthwhile things left about the entire melee community. i would probably hate most of it just as much if i didnt play brawl.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Blasphemy. Hax's Falcon is ****. Just watching him navigate the field is enjoyable. And Darkrain at FC was amazing to watch too. S2J vs spacies is tooo good...

Im gonna change this to top lvl falcons, lol

:phone:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
okay I'll go kirby then and we'll get nothing out of it xP
I'll get something out of it just by using Jigglypuff. I'll get Top 5 Puff status soon enough, which is easy seeing as how there's only about 4 Puff mains. :buizel:

Never thought of that before, KID. I'll keep that in mind for later.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
No joke, after the 9000th knee, and you realize that all that flashiness is just falcon camping you for a grab. it gets a LOT less entertaining. me and espy talked about this before.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Top Level Falcon play is only fun if they get a hit confirm. Half of the time they're too busy dying because Falcon sucks. :applejack:

BSP

Smash Legend
It's funny cause we argue amongst ourselves but then we unite together if something else starts poking fun at Smash in general.
I disagree with this. Most melee players won't hesitate to talk **** about Brawl if they get a chance, and it's pretty disgusting.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I also do not generally like Puff play. Hbox is an AMAZING player, but its I don't like the pokey gameplay. I like hit confirm to ****. Recently i've really dug watching Axe play, he showed out at KoC, real talk.

:phone:

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
I disagree with this. Most melee players won't hesitate to talk **** about Brawl if they get a chance, and it's pretty disgusting.
My misteak then. Guess I was fortunate enough to not read much **** talking from them.

Top Bottom