• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
No johns: alcohol doesn't control you. And it can be amazing. We should have Sonic Seys Skype Shots. Where once a month, we buddy up, skype, talk all things Sonic, brawl, new strats, life things. All while occasionally taking a shot/drinking whatever floats your boat. Would foster friendships, and we could become better aquainted. Aside frome Espy, KID, and True Blue (only one i've actually met...) I dont feel I know too many of you guys too well. Never talked via skype, Xat, or FB. Tenki, Cam, Boxob and some of the other O.G. Sonics im pretty familiar with, just never talked with them or some of the post 2009 forum posters

"This idea sounds amazing, and I approve of this message"- My sister, upon talking to her as im typing this, lol

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I do that with the people I play League with.
Only thing is that playing League while drunk is almost never a good idea. It's too hard to play in that condition.

However, a simple Skype chat would be ****ing amazing. :applejack:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
No johns: alcohol doesn't control you. And it can be amazing. We should have Sonic Seys Skype Shots. Where once a month, we buddy up, skype, talk all things Sonic, brawl, new strats, life things. All while occasionally taking a shot/drinking whatever floats your boat. Would foster friendships, and we could become better aquainted. Aside frome Espy, KID, and True Blue (only one i've actually met...) I dont feel I know too many of you guys too well. Never talked via skype, Xat, or FB. Tenki, Cam, Boxob and some of the other O.G. Sonics im pretty familiar with, just never talked with them or some of the post 2009 forum posters

"This idea sounds amazing, and I approve of this message"- My sister, upon talking to her as im typing this, lol

Ill do this, but only if your sister is there too =P

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I need a favor from one of you guys.

Im talking to this one sonic kid from florida, and Im teaching him how to kill better.

Can anyone link me to a specific time in a specific video where they did spaced bair and then f smashed them for trying to shield grab?
anybody have any luck with this?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I gave it a look yesterday, but it's still just something incredibly specific to look for. I'll check again today though. :applejack:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im looking but I kinda need you guys to look too, since like espy said, its a very specific thing to look for.

I mean. if its less trouble, someone could even make a 5 second video showing it.

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman

You should make that a thread. The Snake boards have one like that.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Pity I'm not at home so I can't make a video.

Why do you need such a specific video? Can't the guy just imagine what that situation looks like :/

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Im looking but I kinda need you guys to look too, since like espy said, its a very specific thing to look for.

I mean. if its less trouble, someone could even make a 5 second video showing it.
I might be able to make the video.
If anything, I could probably stream and explain it. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its not something you will find easily in new videos KID. People that know the matchup, know if you spaced it poorly enough to get grabbed most of the time.

Personally I haven't gone for that in a while, but I know i did it a bit a long while back.

Tesh

Smash Hero
oh yea i got another tournament this weekend too, apex qualifier maybe so i might scrape up 1 point on 13th place or something.

True Blue

Smash Lord
Yo that skype drinking thing sounds really legit.
AH MAN! JMan! It sucks even more that you are not going to Apex! Cause then we could have done that there too the day before! Or after! Cause I am staying an extra day after and arriving a day early.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I know dude, I know...

Again, looking at it. But, I think its a no go. If I even try, I'd be behind on bills and that's just not the mature decision. Life johns are life johns.

Also, I went ahead and made that thead, its pretty much a paraphrase for what was here, but i'm headed to bed. Feel free to post thoughts, ideas, ect and I will try to make it a bit more official when I get up tomorrow.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I messed around with the thing KID's talking about on stream, even though he dipped after I linked him.

It seems to be legit if they don't powershield, and you buffer it right away, but the bair needs to connect almost simultaneously when you land on the ground from it. Otherwise they can shield the fsmash after their grab, or grab your leg.

Depends on the timing, but I tried it on the slow speeds too, and as long as you properly spaced it, the bair > fsmash would work if they tried to grab out of shield. I have a replay saved but I doubt it really does any justice. :applejack:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yeah... Agree with Tesh about not finding it in newer videos. I'm going through some classic 09/10 gameplays. This is (somewhat) the closest I've found. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Is3i8HHUTE#t=01m02s
this is actually perfect. thanks
I messed around with the thing KID's talking about on stream, even though he dipped after I linked him.

It seems to be legit if they don't powershield, and you buffer it right away, but the bair needs to connect almost simultaneously when you land on the ground from it. Otherwise they can shield the fsmash after their grab, or grab your leg.

Depends on the timing, but I tried it on the slow speeds too, and as long as you properly spaced it, the bair > fsmash would work if they tried to grab out of shield. I have a replay saved but I doubt it really does any justice. :applejack:
let me know when you put it up.

just name it Space Bears/Bairs

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, it's a damn shame. At the very least, it forces us to improvise now.
The creativity that can come from independent development within the community is pretty legitimate. Circuits, for example, are awesome. :applejack:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I disagree with that.

I think MLG will pick up the new smash game up for sure.

For how long just depends on our attendance and how much of a moron Jason feels like being at that point.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's true though.
The whole ROM5 thing is just inexcusable by this point, honestly.

The best part was that during the conversation, someone had the nerve to say that they didn't expect it to happen because it was Melee and not Brawl, as if the players and their personalities weren't interchangeable between the games or something.

I wasn't sure whether to be disappointed or amused. :applejack:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Meh. Brawl/Melee debates are dumb. I mean... there is 0 scene in SD, and I don't own a wii. I get much more enjoyment (currently) practicing my Melee falcon.

When we hold tournaments (well, when I finagle, grind, and ***** myself out to get one going, lol) I generally sweep first. A few games are SUPER fun. Honestly though if it weren't for Sonic I'd never touch Brawl again...

And the Sonic boards are my fav place on the boards, so there is that too.

I will say that melee competitive scene seems a little bit more trash talk- hyping when compared to Brawl. Its more prevalent there, or so it seems

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
It's funny cause we argue amongst ourselves but then we unite together if something else starts poking fun at Smash in general.

True Blue

Smash Lord
One happy ******** family that can't function correctly.

I wish teleporter pods were real. So it would be easier to see all of you people.

Edit: Oh I thought you guys meant the Sonic mains... Main the last few posts I read sooooo wrong. lol

Top Bottom