• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I have no idea if it's Brawl or MVC3/SF5678/*insert traditional fighter here* being referenced in the title.

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
not exactly. Dieminion is just a top player(I think). I know he was top in mvc2 tho.

BSP

Smash Legend
No. He's not using it here and it's an awesome avi, so I thought I might as well use it

:phone:

BSP

Smash Legend
A temporary ban or a permanent ban?

And he could theoretically still use it, but he wouldn't get much use of it because he can't post.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
He was permanently banned because he allowed GangstaKirby to use his account. In case you don't know, GK was permanently banned as well (don't remember why), and allowing a user like him to use X's account is basically asking for a perma-ban on your account as well. :applejack:

BSP

Smash Legend
I still say 6 Ppoints should just get you the super banned title so we don't have to wonder :rolleyes:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Wait... how did _X_ can perma-banned???

Wow...

Anywho... any Fox advice? He seems 2 b the only MU I haven't really figured out. I jus learned from watchin Espy & Shugo a few tricks like grabbin him outta his dair & Trublu taught me u cud fsmash him after u sheild his fsmash and usmash but that's it.

:sonic:

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah, Dtilt combos into itself to...dont remember exact percent, but it's good. Make sure you can turn it around.

Tesh

Smash Hero
It sounds alot better than it is. If you can land a dtilt or two, its a good way to add an extra 5 or 6 damage each before going for the grab/uptilt.

ZSS boards have a list of characters their jab works on (as in which characters can just hold shield to power shield it), why don't we have one? I know the ****tyness of our jab is dependant on the range we hit land it from, but still. At this point I'd rather just have Wario or Charizard's jab. Slow, but it ****ing does stuff.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
But if that's the case why has

Mega Fox beaten Espy
Nak at beaten _X_
Nak at beaten Shugo

Fox frustrates the **** outta me!!!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
But if that's the case why has

Mega Fox beaten Espy
Nak at beaten _X_
Nak at beaten Shugo

Fox frustrates the **** outta me!!!

You do realize that humans are going to be humans, right?

It isn't so much that Sonic has a problem with Fox, but no Sonic player seems to want to put effort into properly playing the MU.

:093:

Tesh

Smash Hero
If you are talking about Shugo, you are talking about like 09-10 or an MK banned Secondary against someone's main.

__X__ beat Trevonte at least once from what I recall and if Espy has a lopsided record with Megafox, its probably in his favor like everyone else in his city.

It hardly appears to be a counter.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If you are talking about Shugo, you are talking about like 09-10 or an MK banned Secondary against someone's main.

__X__ beat Trevonte at least once from what I recall and if Espy has a lopsided record with Megafox, its probably in his favor like everyone else in his city.

It hardly appears to be a counter.
Did you really need to go out of your way to say this?

I thought it was a given that the MU is even. ~.~

:093:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Probably not even. Kind of sucks close range and he isn't nearly as easy to avoid cqc with

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Probably even. Close range is bad for both characters, and it's fairly easy to get away from him. :applejack:

True Blue

Smash Lord
Yea I feel like the matchup is even, just annoying lol. I just really hate how Fox runs away and junk.

Oh and Awal for the shield thing it isn't FSmash it is DSmash, I think FSmash has a lower cool down time compared to the other Smashes. Though I could be wrong and just timed it wrong when I was last playing a friend.
Though another combo I like is to start off the match with a Up Throw to Up Tilt (When read correctly for which direction they go.) to Down Tilts and even to a grab. Though every combo is just you reacting to what the opponent is doing cause they can DI away from you with the first down tilt and sometimes get out of it easily when they expect it.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Probably even. Close range is bad for both characters, and it's fairly easy to get away from him. :applejack:
That jab, that uptilt, those quick smashes, shine invincibility, shff aerials, spotdodge is probably better.

The only thing Sonic really has on that is being able to escape close combat better.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Shield > Anything Tesh.
Congrats, you've just learned to deal with Fox at close range. :applejack:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Well I'll just try 2 apply all of this next time O play a fox...

and I hope I can find 1 2 practice with soon.

Thanx 4 the advice!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
There's really no reason not to shield in this game, I think.

Unless you're fighting a Snake, a Falco, a DDD, an Olimar, a Ness, or Ice Climbers, or specifically in Sonic's case, Yoshi, prop up the shield whenever you're in a neutral position and you're living to 180%.

MK too, but then again when aren't you vulnerable against him?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ah yes, shielding. Now Fox is just as bad as ganondorf close range.

Top Bottom