• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Y'know, I'm still hella pissed about the pools at Siis4 being Top 3 and then at Siis5 Top 4. I could have easily made like 3rd seed at Siis5. Also, a heads-up, the next tournament I go to, I'll be going :metaknight:. I'm gonna be switching up between :metaknight: / :sonic: / :popo:. This upcoming tournament which is like July 16th, I'll be going MK. Unless I go to the one coming up on the 9th. I might go ICs then. I'm gonna spend more time knocking off the cobwebs on my rickety *** Sonic. 51st best Sonic in the nation. :yeahboi:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Infinity, Player-4, Flamewave (somethingsomething, a Lucario player), Seibrik, Broly, Konfucious, Mike-2, and then a couple of random players. Unless my memory is terrible and I missed someone.

I lost to Infinity (0-2), Seibrik (1-2), and Flamewave (1-2). There were 10 or 11 people in my pool though that much is certain. MK/Top Tier infested for the most part save for Konfucious who used Mario on me.

I'm not saying my pool was any harder then anyone else's or anything, but that's what I got. And yeah, Tesh. Only the top 3 made it out. Broly and I had tied in wins of sets, but head to head I had 2-0'd him (KillLock practice had me 100% prepared for Marth) so I took the 3rd Seed.
Two MK's and The trap Lucario. That's the one thing that made me upset about WHOBO 3... 8-11 player pools and only top 3 made it out! I was 4th seed and would've made it out if it was top 4 instead.

You had a much harder pool than I did though, seriously. I actually would have gotten out if I had played my best (and thats saying something). But then again I'm sure by that time my entire pool must have been tired, so no one was playing great anyway.
I wasn't playing my best either cause I knew I wouldn't make it out of pools cause of the Top 3 Only crap, So I hardly tried against the random Kirby Olimar and two others I forgot about and won those.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
That's how I felt AFTER I lost to both SneakyTako and Cook. Like M2K was automatically 1st seed in my pool, so I had to worry about a ROB (which I hate fighting) and an Olimar (whose playstyle was a complete ? to me) and they threw in JoWii into my pool. I beat JoWii 2-1, which could have been 2-0 but I got mad careless game 2 against his Fox and he brought it back. I 2-0ed the rest of my pool. I lost to Sneaky and Cook 0-2. I was so bummed out that I didn't even want to finish my pool.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Maybe it's different for some people, but you can be real with someone without the discouraging talk of them being absolute booty or something. If that player is sticking around? It's always good to leave them with the truth, but to look on the bright side of things to leave them with SOME speck of light to look forward to. If I did absolutely godawful, I'd want people to be honest, but for every bad aspect of you as a player? There's ALWAYS something good to note. I want what I'm doing right to be known, so I can make what I'm doing wrong be on that level.

All I'm saying is that rather then just leaving it at a simple "you made it out? wow you musta had it easy" or something, or constantly saying how good you are, stick to letting your actions speak for you and try the encouraging route as well.
1. You and the rest of the people do all that lovey dovey crap for me. When you got the entirety of the boards actin soft with kids, I dont see any reason why I cant be the one guy that gives it real and blunt. inb4****joke

People at this point should know how the roles work at this point. If you want to be praised for being above mediocre, you can talk to kinzer, or you, or incom, or whoever else is left in this place. If you want to get to the nitty gritty and be told exactly what and how you are doing wrong and how to fix it, you talk to me or espy.

2. I dont talk about myself like that anymore. You are the one who brought me up in the first place. All I said was 'Wedge isnt the type that would typically get out of pools in a high quality tournament.' youre the one that had to bring me up like what did I do. I didnt say anything about my pools or my performance at pound. I think I did cruddy at pound. 33rd place in a 48 man bracket is wack, I dont care how many people actually showed up to it. Dont try to play it off like Im not just as hard on myself as I am on everyone else. I do my best not to be a hypocrite. going 2 and out in bracket with all 5 games being against snakes is not my idea of a great performance. sure, getting out of 2 rounds of pools is good, and thats nice and all but when I expect above average from myself, results like that arent good enough for me and they shouldnt be for you or anybody else either.

Life

Smash Hero
Different strokes for different blokes in how to help people improve, but that's me, really.
This. So much this.

Real talk, KIDGoggles. You talk tough. There are times for that. But not everyone reacts well to the "stop sucking" approach.

Me, for example? I can take KID's... style... because then I want to go out of my way to prove him wrong, prove that I'm at least a competent player (not that that's a good thing). I react that way because I think, under the bluntness, that's the result KID is trying to get. Everyone else? They just get offended, and then they mentally discredit what KID says because seriously, who takes advice from the guy who doesn't respect them? And then KID wonders why nobody likes him, gets even saltier, vicious cycle blah blah blah.

You see what I'm saying, KID? Telling people they suck doesn't help them improve unless you can specifically tell them why they suck, what they're doing wrong, and how to fix it.

I look back at old replays and take note of each individual mistake I made, find an issue that comes up often (sloppy spacing, right now) and concentrate on not making that mistake until it's less of a problem, then pick something else and repeat. When you have people to play with as rarely as I do, you need to be introspective and find your own problems. My username is the result of me understanding just how many holes are in my play (and indeed, in all facets of my life) and, not unlike Speed, knowing I have so many flaws that I (at least seem to) put myself down constantly.

KID, you haven't changed since I arrived here. Your "real talk" has gotten you quite a bit of disrespect (and your own personal trolls). You haven't tried to change at all, though. You try the same tactic over and over and wonder why you don't succeed--if you played the way you posted, you'd get slaughtered. So here's some real talk for ya: give your fellow Sonics some credit now and then. Maybe then they'll listen to what you have to say. Got it?

Also, there's a veeeeeeeeery slight chance I'll be doing college in Rochester come 2012, FWIW.
----------------------

In other news, /hope3 is this saturday, it's looking like the biggest tournament I'll have attended yet (but then, everyone ends up doing Melee so we'll see). There might even be pools. :awesome: A certain ravenous cube is coming for Melee. Sure they'll have a good time.

And... uh, yeah. One more round of A1 before my life goes back to normal-ish for 5-6 months (assuming another tournament series doesn't pop up in the intervening space). Hm.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
See, the thing is, KID can and will give advice. That's not the problem here, I find. It's just his "real talk" beforehand that overshadows, and then coming back to talking about himself. You did do it just now, KID.

"I act a certain way around here because I know im better than most of the people out here."

No offense, but that comes off as elitist. That's not something people look up to for the most part.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I dont really feel like taking the time to splice up the quote and make everything super clear butttttt...

1. how you define the fruits of what i do is dependant on how you define 'succeeding' incom.
taken from speed's facebook:
Marquez TrueBlue Gray you win @ life and brawl. who would be dumb enough to not listen to you? lol

That seems like success to me. I cant as easily find examples, but I know for a fact that although Kinzer likes to go to espy first for lots of things, he also listens to and respects what I say. I mean you yourself are a good example of taking what i say for what it is as well.

Next, if youll go back and read my posts, I actually give cloud a fair amount of props for making top 3 in a 10 man pools, which i still believe is absolute horse crap. Thats one of those little things that most people are so busy harping on the negative that they dont notice stuff like that.

lastly to you, its going to be funny if you do come to Rochester and see how i am in person and how it correlates to online.

cloud, if you go back to the beginning of this conversation, I can pretty much promise you that You were the first one to bring me up in any fashion. and I simply commented on the subject matter that was brought up.

and youre right, that one part could be read as being stuck up, but I honestly thought that this was established by now.

Not that he ever would, but if espy comes out the cut in a matchup discussion talking about how a certain matchup is a certain way and that hes right about it because hes clearly the best sonic player atm (which he has come dangerously close to doing on occasion) I wouldnt think anybody would bat an eye at that, because its kind of an established fact.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Close? Maybe.
I don't feel like I'd be stupid enough to make the crutch of a Sonic vs. character argument be on the fact that I am a top Sonic, though.

Life

Smash Hero

lastly to you, its going to be funny if you do come to Rochester and see how i am in person and how it correlates to online.
You think YOU'RE different online? I have like no social skills offline, haha. I'm almost as introverted as it gets. (I have a cousin up there, too, Snake main but I don't think he's quite good enough to be doing tournaments yet, but lolwifi)

No hard feelings k?

Anyway, I think I'm done with this convo, unless somebody else has something to add (Kinz?).

Espy (and KID I guess): Argument from authority really doesn't work for me. Too much time around BPC does that to people. I suppose you could argue from experience though (like if you play a top X character really often and "this is what works for you") but eh, IDK.

So... here's to 9th or better at /hope3?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
People at this point should know how the roles work at this point. If you want to be praised for being above mediocre, you can talk to kinzer, or you, or incom, or whoever else is left in this place. If you want to get to the nitty gritty and be told exactly what and how you are doing wrong and how to fix it, you talk to me or espy.
To be fair, I hate all of you aside from Jerry and Sharpie who doesn't come here much of anymore because none of you aside from the aforementioned share my obsession for Touhou. I don't think I'll go out of my way to praise you, but at this point I'll give a light-hearted "congrats" if you make a mention my way on AIM or Facebook. Nothing more (unless called for) since I tend to do other things in my time.

KID gives advice? I thought Kinzer did that.
I think it's criticism. Like I said, at this point I'm just here to troll/talk about Touhou/try and finish what I've started with Sonic.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Meh, either I should've told you sooner, or I would've figured by now that any of you who have been exposed to the fan community somewhat will have realized it tends to be very opinionated. Any of you who have yet to will soon find out either way It doesn't mean anything, but I'm no exception when I tell you nothing of what I say holds any "umph" to it.

There's also ^^ That.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's not good though.

You're comparing something as weak and un-American as Touhou to the new internet super-giant My Little Pony.

This picture is good only because Rarity's in it. Just look what happens when Fluttershy sees regular crap:

Touhou makes Fluttershy cry.
Unforgivable.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... Oh man, is that really it?

Then I'm afraid we have to agree to disagree.

What kind of freeland makes it so that you have to wait until twenty-one to have a drink of wine?

On top of that Good American cartoons are dead. They've been dead since Toonami stopped airing. Get over it like everyone else. ;_;

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The kind of freeland that turns ****ies into warriors.
And warriors do not take part in Touhou related nonsense.

Should I be surprised that the one strip of animation you mentioned was the one that sold out to Japanimation the most?

Nope.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The kind of freeland that turns ****ies into warriors.
And warriors do not take part in Touhou related nonsense.

Should I be surprised that the one strip of animation you mentioned was the one that sold out to Japanimation the most?

Nope.
Yes, among other procedures and things it does to maintain them, and the things that go unmentioned too.

... You know, I'd have better retorts, but I'm so tired right now. Either this'll go into tomorrow, or I'm just gonna say "fugg it" and leave you in your denial.

LEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEEEEEEEEEEE~!

The Dr. Pepper does nothing.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm running off of two days of less than three hours worth.
Get at my level.
Get at SA's Level Kinzer and Tesh.

Suspect = 4 Days with 10 hours in total.
Espy and I go 2-5 days with less then 5 hours of sleep regularly. Hell HOBO 32 I didn't sleep the whole weekend outside of 1 hour of sleep I recieved before leaving Sync's house around 1 PM.
Just ask Sonic Storm, I believe that was him that slept there as well.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
http://www.mediafire.com/?c377dw5m549drui

GHZ
Chemical Plant
Sky Sanctuary
Speed Highway
City Escape
Seaside Hill/Ocean Palace
Crisis City
Rooftop Run
Planet Wisp

As well as boss fights with Shadow, Knuckles, Silver, Metal Sonic, Classic Eggman, Modern Eggman, A "Death Egg" (Doomsday Zone?), and the final boss.

9 stages, 2 Sonics, 6 missions for each character in each act. 108 stages. Holy hell.

Doesn't include any and DLC that may come later.
...Speed Highway? As in this speed highway??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsY8r4GNtGU Please say yes.

Also, Japanese is the new American. Get. AT. Them.

/hope3
I lost here.

@My Little Poop. Espy I love you as a brother you really need to get off that **** and get at Madoka.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Madoka is an awful show.
Saw two episodes.

Garbage. Absolute garbage.
I hope 4kids dubs it.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
...Speed Highway? As in this speed highway??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsY8r4GNtGU Please say yes.
Uh, yeah.

There's been talk that the defining point of the stage - the rush down the skyscraper - will be given the same treatment as the GUN truck chase in City Escape. Specifically, Sonic will be jumping from building to building with all sorts of crazy obstacles in his path while he's plummeting to the ground.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I'll never forget while heading home from work, I decided to haul *** on my skateboard through the Churchill Downs parking lot while listening to Speed Highway. I promptly ran over an unidentifiable object, which caused me to come to an abrupt stop and fly off my board. I landed on my side and slid about 2 feet. I cracked my phone and destroyed my MP3 player and had a bruise on my palm for a week. Not fun.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Hell HOBO 32 I didn't sleep the whole weekend outside of 1 hour of sleep I recieved before leaving Sync's house around 1 PM.
Just ask Sonic Storm, I believe that was him that slept there as well.

Just saw this.

NO ONE WENT TO SLEEP THAT NIGHT HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

Some people went to bed around 2 am, some at 3, I finally started to get some sleep around 4, but I woke up every hour until 9, and each time I woke I saw two guys on the TV where I played you in a friendly set at STILL playing until around 7.

I am getting a hotel next time I go to a Houston fling. That, or I'm taking my car and using that as my bed.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Just saw this.

NO ONE WENT TO SLEEP THAT NIGHT HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

Some people went to bed around 2 am, some at 3, I finally started to get some sleep around 4, but I woke up every hour until 9, and each time I woke I saw two guys on the TV where I played you in a friendly set at STILL playing until around 7.

I am getting a hotel next time I go to a Houston fling. That, or I'm taking my car and using that as my bed.
Yeah, that was me and (Can't remember tagname he went by...) the IC's main. So many friendlies... 0 losses and possibly 30 wins. God I love facing Ice Climbers.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Yeah, that was me and (Can't remember tagname he went by...) the IC's main. So many friendlies... 0 losses and possibly 30 wins. God I love facing Ice Climbers.
Oh, lol. I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't tell who it was on that TV.

ICs is my favorite high tier MU, along with Pikachu. Knowing that one slight mistake could cost a stock makes me pumped and eager for that particular MU, moreso than any other. It really helps me test my spacing and mixup skill.

It helps that I had a load of IC experience from ChibiIceClimberz; it helps even further that he can still infinite with wifi's omnipresence in the match, lol.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Oh, lol. I didn't have my glasses on so I couldn't tell who it was on that TV.

ICs is my favorite high tier MU, along with Pikachu. Knowing that one slight mistake could cost a stock makes me pumped and eager for that particular MU, moreso than any other. It really helps me test my spacing and mixup skill.

It helps that I had a load of IC experience from ChibiIceClimberz; it helps even further that he can still infinite with wifi's omnipresence in the match, lol.
I've played Que, Guest, Enda and 00-Zero on wifi. All of which can cg online. So I have ample IC exp.

Top Bottom