• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I want a quote mentioning that's it's legal.

If I see it, I am going to LOVE the next tournament in Norman if I play Typ_Ex <33333333

Tesh

Smash Hero
I think Ps2 is just good for me because I took an interest in it before it was widespread legal. Everyone I fight there gets really caught up in the changing mechanics and its super easy to punish or avoid them.

Baiting people into jumping on the wind portion only for them to find I can reach the ground faster and then landcamp them. Or just waiting for wind to kill with upthrow @ like 140. Icy Upsmash spam or just sliding shield on ice (super broken). TCUSBA or delayed spring traps on the treadmills. iSDR camping on the ground phase.

Delfino is my first love as stages go. I love the vibrant colors, the many locations to fight at (or not fight at :p). Sharking under the stage with spindash (nice mixup, but I overuse it and get *****). Free bairs if you can force people to airdodge into the water. The parts with slopes to camp, walls to camp, walkoffs to camp, platforms to camp and ledges to camp. I love camping the big top platform on the carpet. Alot of characters can't rise fast enough to reach Sonic up there.

Imo Yoshi's and Ps2 are pretty nice vs MK. If you don't have to deal with such strong sharking I feel Halberd and Delfino are great for Sonic (he has nice low killers off the top). Rainbow Cruise is also a nice one for Sonic when not dealing with MK.

Ps1 and Castle Siege are also solid time wasting stages but I don't feel they offer much else for Sonic. Decent vs MK if you can get the lead early, but....horrible if you don't.

Yes I guess I base my stages around whether or not I'm gonna go for the timeout.

BF/SV/FD are okay for fighting I guess. IF thats what ur into.

edit: @ espy, sounds like the type of thing where a TO would just make a judgement call on the spot and ban it. Thats what the BBRRC is gonna say anyway. If people couldnt handle DK beating Olimar with a strong camping technique, they won't want Sonic beating Falco in a similar way.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If Sonic is in any way touching the stage during the charge phase, the attack treats the stage as the first thing it touches, and so the attack follows through.

Tesh

Smash Hero
cant you stop HA by spotdodging? o.o
yea, but most sonics dont know this yet
If Sonic is in any way touching the stage during the charge phase, the attack treats the stage as the first thing it touches, and so the attack follows through.
wrong!
Spot dodging, rolling, jumping away doesn't stop it.

And what Sonic Storm said.
not true, its been known since 08 that stopping the lock on beats homing attack.

@ this point we should just stop telling people how it works. Just time some people out under FD and be like " you weren't spotdodging just right, you should practice it if you want to learn this matchup"

VGBC metagame minute seems to be running out of ideas, maybe they will do an episode to educate people about homing attack "stall"

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Homing attack stall works regardless of whether or not the opponent is invinciblefjalskfjalkvjsakfjlakjvsa

I'll just stop this till I till find/upload video proof.

Tesh

Smash Hero
A HORSE RIDING A HORSE!!!

I don't think this is a world I want to live in.....

Tesh

Smash Hero
[collapse=Guy, I discovered a new(?) AT]In Comix Zone

You can cancel your dash attack (should slam) with a dash attack in the other direction repeatedly, makes it pretty easy to pressure a blocking enemy or deal with a double team[/collapse]

Actually apparently this is possible in like everyone old genesis game. Works in streets of rage as well. Why didn't I ever try to mash buttons back then?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
BRC banned logic and cohesion in arguments.
this is why i dont play competitive brawl any more

CASUAL BRAWL SO I CAN AVOID ALL THESE HORRIBAD RULES AND HA UNDER THE STAGE AFTER I KILL EVERYONE WITH STAR ROD WOOHOO LETS GO

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Give me an image of that without Pac-Man and I'll be a happy camper.

AFK.

Edit: Actually, let me take up this time since I am and have been kind of a dumb attention *****.

Congrats on second D1AOS.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... I don't even.

It cannot be a coincidence that Old-Gen Sonic is like "D:" when he looks at new-gen.

Why do I have to be the one to point this out?

AFK Again.

:093:

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
I'm sorry, he meant losing to Hazama, exactly like he did ;)
And I don't even use ps3 pad. Poor Rags, you just don't know the power of the Azure Grimoire.
Uh...yeah. That is so balanced :/
i might try out Blazblue Continuum Shift II sometime soon. I just installed the newest update for the game this morning and I haven't had a chance to try it out...but I still need to learn how to play the game in general since all I do is spam the D drive with Noel :/

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
balance such a hard thing for developers to accomplish now a days. If your gonna make money off a game and at least make it obvious your attempting to make it better AND some cash -- do it Street fighter style. Release a new version every 2 1/2 years! PROFIT

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
Well honestly I was just joking about the CS2 hazama thing. Honestly, the game is overall pretty balanced. Everyone has bad matchups or at least even matchups, unlike in the last version where bang and litchi had very few and hazama had none out of his favor. For example, rachel now is so ****ing impossible for hazama to touch that rachel controls the entire match and the hazama has to pretty much get lucky with either an ouroboros hit confirming or getting an air grab to 246D>C>bull****, and then camping the rest of the time with a very high chance of losing the lead to rachel. Tager now can actually pose somewhat of a threat. Etc. Every character has a chance at beating every character. I don't think there are that many unwinnable matchups.
Edit: Jerry, 1.04 is continuum shift 2

Top Bottom