• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
we've had ice before where you could walk outside and the WHOLE DAMN TREE is just BATHED in 1-2 inch thick sheet of ICE

its pretty amazing
That pretty much described the back yard of my old house, since I had very thick area of trees in one section of the yard, which was next to a pond.

It was basically that.

What's funny though is that the nearby junior college decided to continue running. I had to trek across the dangerous roads and take my semester finals in that freezing weather.

M-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
Wow, icey. I can't remember any large ice storms around Omaha, but we've had some big snow storms before. And a few weeks ago it snowed unexpectedly so there were no plows out. We were out on the interstate going, maybe 25 or 30 mph? Maybe slower. It was awful. And there were a bunch of light poles knocked down from people losing control and flying off the road. It was like an inch of ice with 3 inches of snow (or maybe a little more) on top. So that's probably our big storm for winter.
Well I just wasted 5 min on rambling.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
It was horribly gay how that spike popped up on top of you during your SDNair combo, but why why WHY did you go back for seconds?

Also I lol'd after watching the whole match carefully. Pictochat is improving your gimp game already. I'm just gonna delete the shorter video now that the full vid is up.
I thought I could've Dair'd past the spike. That entire day was the worst I've played in a while. There were times where I would try to follow something up just to stand there and do nothing or saunter towards them instead of running. The match on FD where I did 3 Fsmashes in a row for instance. I tried to stutterstep the last two.

Tesh said:
You full matches are up, cept for the Luigi vs Snake one, why did you send me that junk?
Kupo said:
I think Oreo has a habit of not checking of what replays he sent.
I checked to make sure I sent all the Sonic v Fox ones. Feh.

Kupo, hush. lol

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
It's getting pretty cold here in London. It snowed, but it didn't settle :/

That pretty much described the back yard of my old house, since I had very thick area of trees in one section of the yard, which was next to a pond.

It was basically that.

What's funny though is that the nearby junior college decided to continue running. I had to trek across the dangerous roads and take my semester finals in that freezing weather.
That picture is awesome.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@Pictochat video: That's already happened to me twice...both in tournament. :p

@snow stoof: Luckily, I'm in Texasland. Right now we're just having 60-70 degree weather with a chilly breeze. It's perfect.

@KID's wall: That. San Antonio as a whole, compared to the rest of Texas, is atrocious in terms of overall skill. However, there's a reason why people love coming to our city for tournaments so much, and it's not just for free money. :p

We always go out and eat as a community after an event. We almost always hold a fest after a tournament, and we always just stick together. It's a strong community bond, and I love it.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

It was basically that.

lol yea you could literally break any kind of branch since the tree got pretty heavy with ice

those telephone polls tho...scary

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
We always go out and eat as a community after an event. We almost always hold a fest after a tournament, and we always just stick together. It's a strong community bond, and I love it.
The same goes for IN/KY/OH Smash. Like IN/KY is a joint thing but we travel to Ohio alot, namely Cincinnati and we're pretty much a giant Smash family. We go to Denny's and stuff after tournaments and just chill and have fun.

M-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
@snow stoof: Luckily, I'm in Texasland. Right now we're just having 60-70 degree weather with a chilly breeze. It's perfect.
:fuuu: Take me with you! It's so cold here! It's been 20* for the last few days. My nose is going to freeze off.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Canada lol's at y'all snow johns

I used to have spikey hair, and my spikes froze into icicles once during a bout of freezing rain :D

today was hailing now back to heavy snow :D

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The same goes for IN/KY/OH Smash. Like IN/KY is a joint thing but we travel to Ohio alot, namely Cincinnati and we're pretty much a giant Smash family. We go to Denny's and stuff after tournaments and just chill and have fun.
San Antonio tends to hang out at dollar menu places because lack of money, but we sometimes go out and eat at IHOP or so. We also sometimes hang out without the intention of Brawling at all. We'll go to Dennys or some other cafe, and just buy a drink and chit-chat.

Going to IHOP is more of a Houston shindig, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9c8yRCOlxI
<3 my community. I'm trying to get everyone to go to Big Lou's Pizza soon, as well as Chunky's Burgers (both were on Man vs. Food, btw, and both are delicious).

I wanna see someone take the 4 Horseman Burger on at Chunky's. :3c

:fuuu: Take me with you! It's so cold here! It's been 20* for the last few days. My nose is going to freeze off.
This entire week's gonna be around 60-70. Purrfect.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm fine with cold to borderline freezing weather. It's when the wind is blowing furiously along with it that I call it off and just stay indoors. Wind irritates me to no end.

Also, Espy, Tesh, any chance you're going to Oh Snap 6 next month?

M-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
I'm fine with cold to borderline freezing weather. It's when the wind is blowing furiously along with it that I call it off and just stay indoors. Wind irritates me to no end.

Also, Espy, Tesh, any chance you're going to Oh Snap 6 next month?
Wind sucks. The only thing worse than that freezing wind is warm wind on a hot day.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't know what that is, but I doubt I'll be traveling any time soon.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291924

It's a tournament series in Oklahoma, and it was placed on MLK weekend to hopefully remove the hassle of getting to and from colleges and schools in a single weekend. Anyone is welcome, but I figured I ask the Texans first since they're the closest abundant source of players.

M-Wolf, you could join this as well, if you can make it. It'll give you a chance to explore the tournament scene if you haven't done so already.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

It's a tournament series in Oklahoma, and it was placed on MLK weekend to hopefully remove the hassle of getting to and from colleges and schools in a single weekend. Anyone is welcome, but I figured I ask the Texans first since they're the closest abundant source of players.

M-Wolf, you could join this as well, if you can make it. It'll give you a chance to explore the tournament scene if you haven't done so already.
I doubt any of our Nebraska players not named Trent will go to that, we are concerned about Ultimate No Koast 3.

M-Wolf

Smash Apprentice

I'd like to go but I can't go out of state (besides Iowa and possibly Kansas) Because I can't afford airway so I'd have to drive which means staying in a hotel which means being gone for more than a few days. My mom told my no tournaments if they get in the way of school. And if that tournament ends on a Sunday then I wouldn't get back until Monday probably and my mom would have a **** fit cause I can't miss even a single day of school.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I doubt any of our Nebraska players not named Trent will go to that, we are concerned about Ultimate No Koast 3.
Ooh damn, that's the week after. X_X Yeah, I can understand why you'd focus on NK3 more, with money needed for traveling and whatnot.

I'd like to go but I can't go out of state (besides Iowa and possibly Kansas) Because I can't afford airway so I'd have to drive which means staying in a hotel which means being gone for more than a few days. My mom told my no tournaments if they get in the way of school. And if that tournament ends on a Sunday then I wouldn't get back until Monday probably and my mom would have a **** fit cause I can't miss even a single day of school.
That was kind of the thing for this tournament though: it takes place on MLK weekend, and schools typically make that Monday a day off, so you'd still have that Monday to get back home. And people are trying to provide housing for this, so unless your mother has to come with you, you could likely crash at someone's place for the weekend.

I'm not trying to badger you to come, so don't think I'm pressuring you. Just trying to make it clear what's happening so you could probably make it XD.

Sonic related, do any of you think we could start MU discussions back up and making exports for the characters, or are we still indecisive about who beats Sonic hard and who doesn't that we'd inevitably reach a standstill? Maybe we could do a thread like the Ganon board is doing and provide personal MU ratios for each character?

Tesh

Smash Hero
That thread on the Ganon boards doesn't have any educational focus though. There isn't that much discussion, you just say what you think. If we had the activity a regular old matchup thread export would work fine to discuss and educate people about the facts.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Ganon, I played a mad good Ganondorf main named Paws on AiB. Not sure if he posts here, though. Not listed on their Ganon finder.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
**** YEA ESPY I GOT YOUR CARD TOO

also got 2x lee martin another player i actually like

brb im putting my espy card as my fav for sonic

espy neal said you'd be getting a stock pile of them. On his blog he mentioned that you'd be getting cards for;

Here is how the cards will be distributed:
1. Anyone who voted on our "Who will win MLG Dallas" poll by a certain time (before results started coming in) will receive 1 card of the player they voted for.

2. Anyone who voted in the "Who will win MLG Dallas" poll at any time will receive 1 card of a random player.

3. All trading card participants will receive 1 card of a random player.

4. Finally, the players themselves will get a nice stockpile of their own card. Try asking them for a trade!
obvi the reason i got yours is cuz i voted in the poll saying u'd win mlg dallas

M-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
That was kind of the thing for this tournament though: it takes place on MLK weekend, and schools typically make that Monday a day off, so you'd still have that Monday to get back home. And people are trying to provide housing for this, so unless your mother has to come with you, you could likely crash at someone's place for the weekend.

I'm not trying to badger you to come, so don't think I'm pressuring you. Just trying to make it clear what's happening so you could probably make it XD.
For real? I don't get MLK day off. And yes my mom has to come because technically she'd be driving not me. I don't even have my permit yet... But maybe I'll just be "sick" on Monday.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Testing, did they get rid of the censor for "Damn?"

Edit: Oh wow really? When did this happen? Apparently it's not a big deal to censor it anymore.

About damn time too! It's not even that bad of a cuss, if one at all!

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well I guess so, Dark. I haven't received any stockpile though. Just a Nick Riddle and MikeHaze card.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
That thread on the Ganon boards doesn't have any educational focus though. There isn't that much discussion, you just say what you think. If we had the activity a regular old matchup thread export would work fine to discuss and educate people about the facts.
True, but considering how arid it is now, it would be a start. A person could give a ratio that no one expects and provide a little insight into the MU, people then say how much or how little of an impact those little details actually have in the MU, the first person expands on his reasoning, and it goes back and forth until some MU discussion actually gets going.

Just a thought.

For real? I don't get MLK day off. And yes my mom has to come because technically she'd be driving not me. I don't even have my permit yet... But maybe I'll just be "sick" on Monday.
Really unfortunate that you don't get MLK day off :( And since you don't have a permit yet, I'm going to assume you're young, so staying with someone else for the weekend definitely wouldn't be the best idea.

Just let your parents know about what's going on, and maybe they'll bring you over. Nothing wrong with asking. :)

I got a Nick Riddle card on AIB.

....why did I get a NR card?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Yeah, I know it's about MLG.

I'm just wondering how I got his card out of the others.

Random drawing I suppose, lol

M-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
Really unfortunate that you don't get MLK day off :( And since you don't have a permit yet, I'm going to assume you're young, so staying with someone else for the weekend definitely wouldn't be the best idea.

Just let your parents know about what's going on, and maybe they'll bring you over. Nothing wrong with asking. :)
Yep I'm a kiddie. I'll probably bring it up during Christmas break and figure everything out then - after finals and all that. But if I don't get my grades up then I doubt I'll even be aloud to get within 2 feet of a wii.

Top Bottom