• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I just wanted to stop by and say TommyGreenShirt and JoshKip are cool *** people and I would love to cheel with you two another tourney. Josh thanks for the Rouge the bat button and for the matches in dissidia. Next time we'll def get those booth babes.

Tommy thanks for wearing a green shirt and aspiring me to wear a green get up so I could be called ShadoGreenAttire the next day. You're a hero..and should have beat Rich lol
Come to School's in Session 4. That way you can hang with the coolest Sonic main in KY. Hehehe.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I predict espy fights trela on day 1. and because of that auto loss, gets so salty that he loses again within the next 2-3 matches. not even making into the top 100

Tenki

Smash Hero
so theres a new tech that was just discovered.

this guy on the snake boards discovered a drastically easier way to platform cancel that should work for any character...
So thanks to the Falcon boards, I am messing around with an old, overlooked Brawl AT known as platform cancelling.

Basically, if you're holding down as you're rising through a moving platform and release at the right time, you'll immediately land on it. No fall time.

Further more, if you buffer a movement, you'll have a better chance of clinging to the platform and perform it (ex: neutral air will become a jab). testing edit: If you use an action to land, you can hold down the whole time and just worry about timing the action correctly!

So I was messing around on SV doing this with Sonic (the pure, hold/release [down] method) and it was meh - not so consistent. However, airdodging also counts as an action that helped him cling to the platform and it buffers shield - so I'm using this to aid my terrible reflex and get this thing down.

:093:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
tenki.

Ive been over this with you.

half the stuff you found out was way before your time. we had to learn to do the basics and implement them effectively before moving on to niche things like platform canceling.

Tenki

Smash Hero
tenki.

Ive been over this with you.

half the stuff you found out was way before your time. we had to learn to do the basics and implement them effectively before moving on to niche things like platform canceling.
;P

that's the funny thing, actually.

I don't have the time nor (and more importantly) people to polish my own basics, so I explore(d) the techs and stuff hoping that the people who do have theirs stepped up can just get a quick (or in-depth: their pick) reference when they get to it. :bee:

It's always been like that, lol. Way back when spin cancels were the hot new thing, I was like "lol hey u good sonics out there, plz try this and see what uses you can find for it"

but they quit xD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
even still. at the time, those of us that were skilled werent skilled enough to implement the complecated stuff you were working on back then.

I think you should watch any recent videos of me espy, kin, and a few others and go back and find anything you discovered that we arent currently using and bring it back up.

it doesnt really help anybody (aside from feeding your own ego) to wait until after we bring something up to be like 'yo i discovered this 18 months ago.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
So it looks like I'm gonna have to bring back the Haunter fad. I wasn't around for it.

I've been trying to make it into a habit.

It's rather difficult until it becomes muscle memory.

Anyway Tenki, KID's right on this. Even if some of us are skilled/have the opportunity to play with others/whatever other excuse there is, half the time we're (or at least I am) too stupid to do every possible thing by ourselves (myself). I know I especially put up videos for the sake of critique/showcasing, as I've come to the conclusion that I am not "da bess" (yet? Or ever...?).

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Or you could've just saved yourself the trouble of typing up 50+ words and just hit Copy > Paste.
Of all the god **** nerve.

Here, for anyone who hasn't looked yet: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=290215

Also, it's old news.
Old news that's just being rediscovered...again.

Way to give my hopes up.
LMAO thanx ESPY!!! gud luck @ MLG!!!

Y u change ur avatar??? :-/

Can I use da 1st 1???

edit: Taking notes from daKID, Tenki & infzy

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I've been trying to make it into a habit.

It's rather difficult until it becomes muscle memory.

Anyway Tenki, KID's right on this. Even if some of us are skilled/have the opportunity to play with others/whatever other excuse there is, half the time we're (or at least I am) too stupid to do every possible thing by ourselves (myself). I know I especially put up videos for the sake of critique/showcasing, as I've come to the conclusion that I am not "da bess" (yet? Or ever...?).

I still can't DDP. Someone should seriously post a video of them doing DDPs with the camera focused on their hands. Go Go Visual/Kinesthetic learning!

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Smash Lab coming at ya with that new revolutionizing stuffz.

Apparently using "transparent" for the [color] tag makes it invisible. No more of that complicated or failed "#1f1f1f" BS or whatever else there is.

This is going to be fun.

Tenki

Smash Hero
even still. at the time, those of us that were skilled werent skilled enough to implement the complecated stuff you were working on back then.

I think you should watch any recent videos of me espy, kin, and a few others and go back and find anything you discovered that we arent currently using and bring it back up.

it doesnt really help anybody (aside from feeding your own ego) to wait until after we bring something up to be like 'yo i discovered this 18 months ago.
noted ;]

I haven't watched a recent Sonic gameplay vid in a while. Some day, some day.

but that aside, me bringing up the post was part of a certain running gag in the forums lol.

I still can't DDP. Someone should seriously post a video of them doing DDPs with the camera focused on their hands. Go Go Visual/Kinesthetic learning!

If you mean the actual pivot, can you make Sonic turn left/right in place by spam-clicking the control stick left and right? That's the actual DDP. (except obviously, just make sure you release in the direction you really wanna move in)

For doing the pivot out of a foxtrot, if it helps, the "timer" of when you can or can't start your 2nd foxtrot (as opposed to doing a run) starts after you completely release the control stick instead of the actual forward tap, if that makes any sense. I find I can foxtrot / DDP tighter the earlier I release the stick after tapping.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
noted ;]

I haven't watched a recent Sonic gameplay vid in a while. Some day, some day.

but that aside, me bringing up the post was part of a certain running gag in the forums lol.

If you mean the actual pivot, can you make Sonic turn left/right in place by spam-clicking the control stick left and right? That's the actual DDP. (except obviously, just make sure you release in the direction you really wanna move in)

For doing the pivot out of a foxtrot, if it helps, the "timer" of when you can or can't start your 2nd foxtrot (as opposed to doing a run) starts after you completely release the control stick instead of the actual forward tap, if that makes any sense. I find I can foxtrot / DDP tighter the earlier I release the stick after tapping.

Reading it doesn't help much at all. I need visual cues.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
From Bizkit's twitter giving updates at MLG. This is friendlies still.

"Inui the self proclaimed sonic slayer is losing to espy in friendlies
Bizkit047, 18 minutes ago"

Top Bottom