• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Everyone has that pocket MK somewhere...
:ledge: :metaknight:

I main TL and Scourge.
You're lacking the green name! (dunno why you don't use it, or custom title too for that matter)

And am I the only one getting bugged by the uncapitalised b in the title?

Kupo Rose

Something about a green name..?
Wait, you never knew...?

Go to your User CP
> Group Memberships
> Click "identify me as a member of this group" next to Premium Member
> Green name

As for the custom title
> User CP
> Edit Your Details
> Type your title in the Custom User Title textbox

Can't believe you never knew this lol o_o

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Wait, you never knew...?

Go to your User CP
> Group Memberships
> Click "identify me as a member of this group" next to Premium Member
> Green name

As for the custom title
> User CP
> Edit Your Details
> Type your title in the Custom User Title textbox

Can't believe you never knew this lol o_o
Wow I never knew this o.O

Thanks!

Kupo Rose

Alriiighty then.

Oh and in case you didn't know. There are 2 new skins for Premmy members. Horrible though imo

Kupo Rose

Well, normal/registered users only had a limit of 70 PMs (it's been moved up now though), and that definately wasn't enough for me >.<

Savon

Smash Ace
Hello Sonic boards. I have always fooled around with Sonic for fun, but I have considered picking him up seriously to go along with Snake. I guess I am just introducing myself. Any general advice for Sonic in terms of the mindset of a Sonic player?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Nah, I didn't make it. I just searched all over danbooru, photobucket, google, etc for a Reisen bday pic and that's all I found.

:nifty:
Oh I see.

I was about to say, you would've had some talent in art, and getting it done on a short notice; or I would've asked how long have you been working on it prior.

... Strangely enough, you reminded me.

I should look for more images. I have a ton of 'em, but it's not enough. ;_;

[collapse="One more Reisen birthday-themed picture IMO"]
[/collapse]

Can't believe the only thing I can find of Halloween from Touhou is the generic witch and vampire lolis. Oh well.

Any general advice for Sonic in terms of the mindset of a Sonic player?
It's very difficult, from start to finish. Never give up, if you believe you can, you can.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
hello how is every1?

question how many of you are pure sonic mains and how many of you have a secondary(ies)

also do you believe sticking with the one character makes you better or does using other characters improve you more?
Im a Sonic only person. I always use this guy. :sonic:
Sticking with one character helps you master the character but using others helps you understand their moves and options more in my opinion.

You do realize Speed kinda panicked and hit HA by mistake?

One mistake won him
the game
. :p
It was? I really committed to doing that HA out of the thought "I NEED TO HIT HIM ASDSDASDINJDNJFNJGEJU. HE'S ON THE CLIFF? HA GOGOGOGO"

Happy Bday KInzer & Speed U DA BESSSSSSSSSSSS!!! :-D
No u maaan.

I main TL and Scourge.

And I second Marf. Using more than one character is very helpful and beneficial to your improvement. It shows you how to deal with other characters and how to come up with unique ideas for your characters.
Scourge is terrible. TL and Marth...:(
So tough.

Everyone has that pocket MK somewhere...
:ledge: :metaknight:
You're forgetting that one guy uses only Sonic.
:ledge: :sonic:

It wasn't a good experience for Scourge.

:nifty:
That beating he received wasnt either.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
It was? I really committed to doing that HA out of the thought "I NEED TO HIT HIM ASDSDASDINJDNJFNJGEJU. HE'S ON THE CLIFF? HA GOGOGOGO"
Really? I asked about the HA and you said you were nervous...lmao

Doesn't matter now though xD

B_AWAL

Smash Master
:sonic: ONLY!!!

but u shud play freindlies wit every character 2 learn what they can and can't do & that way u can gauge SONIC's advantages & disadvantages better

& I was watching SPEEDz matchs & I was wondering Y he did Downb+air backwards & how he does reverse running a? I'm havin a lil trouble practicing that... :-(

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
The only place I can find it quickly is around 1:15 in match 2.

But it was mostly just DSF coming back to the ledge and Speed trying to illicit a response that he could use for his benefit. I just seem to remember him using it a lot.

Having the MK behind him but in mid/close range and he'd just ASC Shield Cancel traveling away from the MK a lot. I found it interesting.

EDIT: 4:01 in that match he seems to use it offensively, but maybe it's just how it worked out there. I dunno.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I only started using that when someone brought it up last year. They called it RASC , which is basically a RAR ASC. But apparently this person didn't love acronyms because RARASCSC is fun to say out loud.

I guess its most useful because it looks like you overshot your ASC, and there isn't really any way to tell which way sonic is facing when he is in ball form. Ofcourse there is also that hitbox behind spindashes. Perhaps Speed can elaborate on its uses as a pro sawnik.

And Mercutio gets post 10,000 in the social.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you guys are missing the point, the sad part wasnt that he got killed by HA. the stupid part is that he got killed by HA, AND THAN proceeded to lose the lead and get reverse timed out with like 8 seconds left.

Trent

Smash Champion
The HA kill was very lucky. DSF got killed by it.

The stupid part was that he spawned back in and just got hit by Speed's iSDR like he had a big "Kick me" sign on him. That was ********.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Pressure. Luck was on Speed's side in that whole ordeal. He knew that his best chance at gaining a percent lead was using the iSDR. It was all or nothing at that point. If MK had busted out the tornado and landed it, it would have been all over for Speed.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You guys DO KNOW that Speed didn't use an iSDR, right? He just SD'd towards the level from off stage right when DSF retreated with the end of tornado.

DSF should've just let the timer hit zero when he spawned back in. Better to tie-break than to lose like that.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
you guys are missing the point, the sad part wasnt that he got killed by HA. the stupid part is that he got killed by HA, AND THAN proceeded to lose the lead and get reverse timed out with like 8 seconds left.
No, I'm pretty sure the dumb part was Homing Attack killing, let alone actually hitting.

Roy has taught me the ways, and he has shown me that Homing Attack is a n00b-detector, and DSF happened to make it bleep.

<3 anybody else that has been branded here though. Tails~, where you at?

DSF should've just let the timer hit zero when he spawned back in. Better to tie-break than to lose like that.
It's kind of easy to say that now, but you have to remember that this was a pretty heated moment. His judgement was probably off and he probably didn't want to risk the set going on any longer because he was probably very tired.

Though admittingly, I probably would've done what you just said and waited on that recovery platform. People need to start making better use of the clock

Trent

Smash Champion
Off topic. I have found something amazing. I am off to record it, and I'll post the video in here once I'm done.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No excuse. You can't be a top player if you let your instinct take over your better judgment in the heat of a game, Kinzer.

Top Bottom