• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Do I win a prize if I guess that its got something to do with footstooling and really gay to set up

Or least a mini steak even if not? I haven't had steak in aaaaages

Well, you can get a small prize, it is footstool related but its really actually quite easy to set up, its just like hell to perform, i guess is the best way to put it.

also, screw you, this is america, we dont spell "colors" with a "u".

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
If its foot stool related I would guess its the following.

SideB~>Footstool~>aerial Down B~~>Fair=40%

Works on most of the cast even at higher percents.
Nair is a bit better since its a single hit though and Fair can be DI'ed.

As for a kill set up, side B can still work at higher percents but its a little bit trickier.
The opponent will try to DI towards or away from Sonic but Sonic can manipulate his Side B before hand a bit.

SideB~>Footstool~> Dair (hopefully you dont hit the guy)~~>Fsmash.

No choice but to take the hit.

Unfortunately the major issue I had with this is because of the fact that i had issues at higher percent because though SideB has a very low growth in KB, it is enough screw it up.
So lets see if maybe KID found a solution to it.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado

Well, you can get a small prize, it is footstool related but its really actually quite easy to set up, its just like hell to perform, i guess is the best way to put it.

also, screw you, this is america, we dont spell "colors" with a "u".
URGH

Why is EVERYTHING even half decent related to bloody stupid useless footstools
/rage

Why sir, I am British, I shall keep my 'u's and my 'ph's and continue on with my unstoppable Britishness
TALLY HO

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic Colours looks really, really good
Go back to Europe you bloody limey.

Can that Sonic 3DS be Sonic Colors for the DS? Or is it an entirely different game? My wallet. :(
Sonic Colors for the DS, AND a New Sonic game for the 3DS.

Sonic 4
Sonic Colors Wii
Sonic Colors DS
Sonic New Riders
Sonic 3DS

5 Games. Yep.

Edit: BTW, I was toying with my little shenanigan some more today. You can grab people out of SDJ's with this.
It's so implausibly stupid, yet incredibly awesome.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
All of them Speed.
All of them.

I might get Sonic Colors for the DS if it plays anything like the Rush series did.
Especially since they're gonna have different events in the plot, supposedly.

I mean, I bought both the Wii and PS3 versions of Unleashed. This is more or less the same thing.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
<3 Speed (that is your nickname right?)

In other news, holy cow, 5 SONIC GAMES ARE COMING OUT?!?!
This is going to be like sadism on my wallet

I really hope the 3DS' graphics are better than the current DS' graphics. The 3D is ok but when you compare it to the likes of the PSP...I was looking at Dissidia: Final Fantasy and the graphics are just lovely in comparison :(

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.

I really hope the 3DS' graphics are better than the current DS' graphics. The 3D is ok but when you compare it to the likes of the PSP...I was looking at Dissidia: Final Fantasy and the graphics are just lovely in comparison :(
Yeah, people find Speed more better. I dont mind which one you use though.

5 of em. ffffffffffffffff. But the 3DS' graphics are looking pretty good so far. I wouldnt doubt the games looking awesome on there.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Just had a chat with Tenkers.

What I have isn't new at all. However, I'm going to bring it back from the grave and try to see where discussion goes with it, since no one does it anyways.

Plus, regardless of how "fresh" the tech is, it's still very good more Sonic.
Gives him more mobility.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero

Its going to be better dude.
Way better
The 3DS is going to emulate 3D WITHOUT having to wear the glasses.
So its going to be sporting a powerful processor and is also being worked on with Nvidia (graphic card).
So it will definitely be better looking by a good amount.

It also appears to be backwards compatible.

GET HYPED

@Espy: WASTE OF MONEY!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm going to go offline for about 2 Hours and play Lvl9 CPUs.
Then i'll go back online, and see if i still suck.
Will that help me get better?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@SL: Nah. It's pretty much an entirely different game, really. Even the boss fights are altered.

@Fizzy: It's a variant, yeah.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
@KID: I'm lol'ing at the best response i've ever gotten here T_T
I can't really tell why i suck, but i don't play in a pattern, and i try my best to remain unpredictable.
Obv.,it isn't working:urg:

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
@SL: Nah. It's pretty much an entirely different game, really. Even the boss fights are altered.
I know but it feels like it could ahve been what Colours looks like.
Awesome.

Okay I think I figured out something Kid may be on.

It doesn't involve SideB but Down B and works up to higher percents.
The problem is that its similar to Dairing with Fox, its predictable and though we can jump cancel, its still vulnerable.

DownB (first hit only!)~~>footstool~~>Dair~~>aerial downB/Fsmash/whatever else.

It works at higher percents.
The problem is that the positioning is very tricky.
You need to be on TOP of the opponent, above their head when you land the first hit and IMMEDIATELY jump cancel into the footstool.
The timing is tricky but its really good if you get it working.
I am not sure how high it can go but i'll test tonight.

At lower percents you can land the second hit for more damage.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You are talking about that buffered footstool, SL?

Yeah, I talked about that a few months back.
You can footstool all the way to 999% so long as you hit them the right way (and at the right angle, ie, about where their head is) and buffer the footstool.

It leads into setups like the one you mentioned. It's neat, but highly impractical.
Then again, what does Sonic have that's practical?

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
you can do a down b > footstool > spring > bair (the spring hits your opponent into the bair) legit combo

I did it do D1 the other day and he was like HOT

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I wouldn't be surprised if he was designed that way. Looking at his video game history, he jumps on opponents to kill them. makes sense

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
He...
He doesn't stay in his ball...
That makes things a little odd.

Plus, he got killed by an updated version of those robots in Marble Garden Zone.
If I had the manual, or googled, I'd get their name, but I'm too lazy.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
He...
He doesn't stay in his ball...
That makes things a little odd.
Either they've changed it so you aren't in spinball form when you zoom off a ramp (which would be absolutely horrible but I guess you'd have to Homing Attack stuff instead of being able to bounce into it like you do in other games) or he was running out of speed when he hit the peak of the ramp so went back into running form

The latter doesn't make any sense though - Sonic would surely just slow down in spinball form and not jump as high

:/

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
You are talking about that buffered footstool, SL?

Yeah, I talked about that a few months back.
You can footstool all the way to 999% so long as you hit them the right way (and at the right angle, ie, about where their head is) and buffer the footstool.

It leads into setups like the one you mentioned. It's neat, but highly impractical.
Then again, what does Sonic have that's practical?
Yeah, exactly that, its a really neat trick but its so **** impractical to use.
I honestly don't see a way for Sonic to get it unless you are overly aggressive.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I need more Sonic games, as i've only actually played the SA series.
lul

Browny

Smash Hater
Kinect is horrible and I strongly dislike the way the games industry is going if that garbage ever takes off.

I dont have bias against M$, I did buy an Xbox and have a 360 but all this does is promote phsycial interaction, which isnt exactly a good thing. Worst case scenario is that developers will get so caught up in this motion control that the entire game becomes nothing more than a gimmick (see; mario+sonic @ olympics). What idiots dont realise is how tiring this **** it, keeping your arms extended in front of you for an extended period of time makes them so sore (that driving game they show) and constantly having to crouch (with sonic riders) etc just hurts your legs, especially for hours at a time. Anyone whos played paintball will know what that is about.

Id much prefer companies spend all their money on games people like me can play very late at night without disturbing anyone else in the house and that I can honestly see me putting 50+ hours into. Its just like when the wii came out, everyone touted motion control as being amazing, but surprise surprise, ALL the best wii games use minimal motion control. I expect Kinect will go the same way with the first round of complete garbage games being so focused on MC that people quickly tire of it and eventually Kinect is used for more mainstream, less physically interactive games. Then what are we left with, a very expensive MC console with developers going back to Wii because of the enormous player base and refined controls

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I love that video.

=====

@DJ

This is the reason I don't like motion-gaming stuff too much:

I play games to relax and enjoy myself while sitting lazily on my bed/couch/comfy chair.
I don't want to flail around, I want my body to relax.

Why the hell would I play a game that requires full body movement when I wanna sit down while playing my games?

PS: ADHD probably loves the Kinect.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Rumor has it that the Kinect has issues detecting you if you're sitting down.

:<

at least you can still shout "XBOX STOP"

looll

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
BUT WHAT COULD HE STOLE!?

*coughs*

God I remember seeing that video by accident when searching for the Sonic RPG game.
I wept, I ripped an eye out.

Anyway, kinect looks ********. I would like to play my game like a good little nerd, rather than looking like a ******** little nerd. Then I'd be K.I.D.

Top Bottom