• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seasons of Smash I - Toronto, Ontario - JUNE 23 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kada

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame that I can't make it this weekend. There seriously aren't enough tournaments 'round here. Not likely that I woud be able to go even if I didn't have a million things going on this weekend... not being able to drive sucks.

You guys oughta come down to K-W some time. I think we have the lamest Smash scene in all of North America...

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame that I can't make it this weekend. There seriously aren't enough tournaments 'round here. Not likely that I woud be able to go even if I didn't have a million things going on this weekend... not being able to drive sucks.

You guys oughta come down to K-W some time. I think we have the lamest Smash scene in all of North America...
That is agreed.

I didn't know we had anyone else around here. Nice to meet you. I'm Flan and i'm from Waterloo.

Scintillatedseed

Smash Journeyman
Uh....did anybody realize that May 23rd is a f***in WEDNESDAY?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!
did u realize that he said june not may?

I attempted to work out a date at the fairmount community centre for May 19th. No one has gotten back to me on staffing etc so i wont be organizing anything for the 19th. If they get back to me soon i will see about May 26th. The actual SoSI tournament that is definite and i am signing the contract for soon is on JUNE 23rd. The June 23rd date is being held at the original venue, the church.

hm...... if it's on the 23rd.. Then, I won't be able tomake it. Unless I go there until 4 PM. But I don't think that's worth it. I doubt you guys would be finished singles by then. Can you guys do that?

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
Alright. well. I tried to get a venue last minute but it seems its not possible. The fairmount community centre has not called me back since monday or tuesday and im getting tired of chasing and talking to venue coordinators. If the community centre doesnt call me by monday, ill call them and if they dont know about staffing etc, then **** it.

What seems to be happening is me just holding SoSI on June 23. A last minute thing never turns out well. So ill have a good tournament prepared for everyone for the said mentioned date. This week ill get written confirmation and post it on this thread to give everyone reassurance that he wont go all f-ag on me.

D

Deleted member

Everybody in Missisauga:

If you want to get better, if you want a better tournament, come to SoS and not that ******* lifelines tournament.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's rather condescending, is there a conflict with dates? :urg:

Can we go to both?

I havn't really been keeping up with this stuffs, my bad D:

double iss btw :/

D

Deleted member

Lifelines tournament doesn't have their **** together, and the rules are really stupid.
I doubt you could go to both.

efex

Smash Cadet
ok guys i set us up a channel on gamesurge #ssbmtoronto and #ssbm

what you need
1) Mirc located at www.mirc.com
2) A gamesurge account www.gamesurge.net

after you get these its pretty simple set up mirc how you want yada yada
to do things the easy way type /server irc.gamesurge.net in the console window
you will end up connecting to gamesurge then type /join or /j #ssbmtoronto
and volia welcome to the mirc of ssbmtoronto

3) some usfull commands
/server "server.name.net" (connects you to an irc server)
/authserv AUTH <account name> <password> (same as your gamesurge.net login, allows you to receive access to channels and other such things)
/part or /p (leaves a channel)
/join or /j (joins a channel...duh)
/query "usernamer" (sends a private message)

4) http://www.gamesurge.net/newuser/
it will teach you how to add these to your Preform so you dont need to type user/channel commands everytime you connect to irc

5) if you got any problems just ask me i am likez the computerz hackzorszzzz !

i set this up because it should be easier to contact people / discuss events / build up the community and event hype

so get your *** on mirc and start idling !!!!

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Shot Matches > Money Matches.

you lose you take a shot for every stock your opponent has left. it gets pretty intense quickly. :p
Eww that's stupid.

What you do is have a Young Link ditto and every time someone uses a projectile you take a shot.

EDIT: This also works with Peach, Samus and Link dittos.

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
yeah this tournament is still happening. Just on a later date. I didnt change the date on the original post for awhile since i didnt care about this. but its not too far away. So i modified the date and made it clear for everyone to see.

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
Good News

I signed the contract for renting the space and paid for the venue today. Everything is permanent and set (either that or i've been screwed of a **** load of money by a priest).

so everyone rejoice. lmao the fairmount CC never even called me back, ****ers.

C 3

Smash Ace
Count me in for singles. Would anybody like to be my partner? and there's not going to be any crews/low tier? please have at least one of those.

I.B

Smash Lord
k sign me back up for Singles. The break from Smash is officially over, *****es!

2 more weeks people! Get practicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom