• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seasons of Smash I - Toronto, Ontario - JUNE 23 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
Divine Knight presents: Seasons of Smash I

Alright ladies and gentlemen, the long anticipated NNR tournament is underway. I will keep everyone as uptodate as i can on any changes. Also, Toronto will finally have some formal footage of tournament gameplay. I plan on having VCRs and editing, and posting matches myself.

I will be having a coat check area. this will ensure that clutter is minized, i mean, everyone enjoyed playin NR20 Zero clutter, am i right? Coat check will be $1. And i am not responsible for any possessions lost or stolen in coat check. Coat check is to hopefully foil any attempts a thief might make at the tournament. watch your stuff! Unsupervised possessions have been stolen at past tournaments.

Date: Saturday, JUNE 23 Saturday, 2007

Faith Presbyterian Community Church - 416-699-0801
140 Dawes Road, East York, ON M4C 5C2

Time: 12pm-9pm

TTC DIRECTIONS

Goto Main station, and take the 23 dawes N. Get off at secord ave. and its across the street from the stop you get off at. on the farthest corner. a white church. the bus ride is short from the station. Id say walk but that is confusing. so its the first street light intersection once getting on dawes ave.

Everyone try and get there at 12pm, but taking into consideration that most people are usually late, registration begins at 12:30pm and ends at 12:50pm. Brackets will then be announced upon registration closing. Set up of the tournament and friendlies will take place from 12pm to 12:30pm.

The tournament will be held in the church basement. There is a front entrance to this basement, so no going to the upper level entrance.

“Tournament rules (the ruleset so good, STYD and EC vs. WC just copy+pastes it):”
tee-hee, once I saw this, you know I had to plagiarize (which will also account for anything I missed while editing; ask about any absurdity in the tournament outline).

General:

- Bring your own controller. Tournament staff are not resposible for providing extra controllers. As well, bring extra batteries if you have a wavebird that you will be using during the tournament. No batteries will be provided if your controller cuts out.

- Good behaviour is expected; we don't want to get kicked out of the church. In particular, do not damage any church or tournament participant's belongings, and do not make a lot of noise. If tournament staff deems that you are causing trouble in any unacceptable fashion, you will be kicked out of the tournament without refund.

- Controllers: see MLG rules (no mods aside from cosmetic changes, no programmed buttons)

- No pausing during a match unless there is a good reason. If you pause repeatedly for no good reason, you may forfeit that match at the discretion of tournament staff.

- No infinite stall/freeze glitches (ie: Peach's Wallbombing, Jigglypuff's rising pound, Ice Climber freeze glitch, etc). If you use these in a match, you forfeit that match. If one of these tactics is used on you for the purpose of stalling the match, pause the game and call for tournament staff. (Even if it is speculated you are trying anything of the above fashion, of disrupting the match in any abnormal manner, this behavior will similarly be punished by tournament staff).

- Once a match has been announced, it must be started within 5 minutes. If one or more of the participants does not show up within the 5 minutes, they forfeit the match. This applies to both singles and doubles. Matches must be prompt. If you finish your match, everyone in the match goes to the tournament administer to report it, and also find out what the individual’s next match is.

- Prizes: Singles and Doubles: 60/30/10 split for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Match rules:

- All matches are 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
- Doubles-specific: Team attack ON, life stealing allowed
- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage
- Stage Knock-out: Each player (or team, in teams) may choose to eliminate one of the legal stages (neutral OR counterpick) to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
- Double blind pick may be called at any time (the only time this is useful is, before players choose their first initial character, before the first game starts).
- Neutral stages: Fountain of Dreams (BANNED in teams), Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium
- Counterpick stages: Any neutral stage, plus Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City, Poke Floats, Donkey Kong 64
- Any other stage is BANNED in both singles and doubles

1v1:
- $15 entry (please bring change, I'm not made of $5 bills you know...)
- Format: Pools, top 16 advance to a double elimination bracket. Matches are best 2/3, except for Winners', Losers', and Grand finals, which will be best 3/5.

2v2:
- $20 entry per team ($10/person)
- Format: Double Elimination. Matches are best 2/3, except for Winners' and Losers' bracket finals, which will be best 3/5.

Please post on the thread or email me (Charlie_dafunk@hotmail dot com *Be sure to write in the subject line: Registration *!!) to pre-register for the tournament.

*I, Divine Knight, reserve the right to change and modify any specifications and rules of the tournament and leave the responsibility of participants to understand, ask, or know anything involved with this event.
==================================================

Equipment:
(Note: For people within close local proximity of the event, i have acquired transportation for needed equipment. This will be ideal for transporting tvs to and possibly from the tournament)

TVs:
1) Divine knight (5 tvs)
2) Dragon hawk (1)
3)volasko(1)

Cubes:
1) Divine Knight (2cube)
2)DB (1)
3)dragon hawk (1)
4)DSmaniac(1)
5)volasko(1)

Power cables/Extension cords:
1)Divine knight (2powercables)(3extsioncord)

VCRs: (I plan on recording the semi finals, and finals matches. So only a few VCRs will be needed)
1) Divine Knight (1VCR)
2)UFO flan (dvdrecorder1)

Registered Smashers:

Singles:
1) Divine Knight
2)Lanowen
3)UFO flan
4)Dragon_hawk
5)I.B
6)D.B
7)Tyrant wolf
8)Dsmaniac92
9)Cerberus07
10)Runawayfire
11)Delorted1
12)TGBX
13)nakoruru78
14)Volasko
15)Slevin
16)J.L.
17)Efex
18)scintillatedseed
19)Stos
20)Raynx
21)Unknown324324234242423
22)Grmo
23)Europhoria
24)Kr()n!c
25)Homsar
26)connel
27)Cure
28)Toxn
29)Snowblind
30)bob loblaw
31)SHP
32)Mffn
33)OOT
34)SK
35)byakugan28
36)$YAk
37)Wilkins
38)C3
39)boogers
40)smash rob
41)Tron V2.0
42)distructo5325324
43).A.

Doubles:
1)girls just want to have fun - delorted1+divineknight
2)Rodent Control - Dragon hawk + efex
3)ZOMG – I.B. +D.B.
4)team discovery channel - Cerberus07 + Dsmaniac
5)green jelly beans - scintillateseed+runawayfire
6)TGBX+connel
7)team immortal recovery- homsar+?
8)Team chopsticks - JL+chronx

Nakoruru78

Smash Rookie
A Toronto smash tournament? I'm in. I never been to a smash tournament before so this would be my first one. Can't wait.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
YUUUESS!! another tournament!
I hope everyone has been practising, I know I have
:D Real glad to hear your still playing.

:000 sh33t t4lk guise!

asteriskasterkaksterkasterk

****ing lost all meaning to that word LOL!

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
YUUUESS!! another tournament!
I hope everyone has been practising, I know I have
:0

:O

:eek:

*remembers Seed's smashfest in Feb*

:mad:

VOLASKO!!!! YOU KILLED MY KIRBY IN CREWS!!!! YOU MUST DIE!!!!!!!

*ahem*

You're going down son. Kirby's gonna spike that blasted Marth for 2-stocking it in crews. :mad:

DSMANIAC92

Smash Cadet
dammit there are some awesome team names in this tourney. you guys are making it so difficult for me to pick one, but rest assured when i figure one out it will be THE NAME TO END ALL NAMES!!!! you all will be so terrified you'll want to forfeit any matches against me and cerberus

BTW if you need more cubes i can bring one.
and dont we need people to bring game disks??

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Kirby's gonna mindgame DSMANIAC with several swallowcides. :eek:

Actually, knowing me, I'd just pick Sheik and chain throw any Links/Young Links to death lol. :lick:

divine knight

Smash Journeyman
umm yea.. breadx? usually only people who have skill win any money at tournaments. Now that thats cleared up. There will be a separate part to the venue, a kitchen, which will be the staff area. I had the idea once seeing the venue and taking account all the equipment, that i could have a coat check process. maybe $2 per person for whoever doesnt want there **** stolen. Discuss please.
so we will hold whatever extra side event, such as toronto vs sauga, after singles and doubles are near done. Concerning that such event, 20stock each team/4 stock per player. discuss. just throwing it out there.

Volasko: im calling you out man. It has been long due for our luigi vs marth MM.

and MMs people. start offers. Im accepting MMs against my fox/peach. And any lowtier match versus my luigi. All are bo3 and counter picks allowed.

Everyone, sorry for the confusion of the two threads. One was started in regional since this most likely wont have a huge turn out. But then by high demand and not caring i made another in tournament discussion. The tournament discussion thread will be the main thread from now on. I am going to close down the former thread.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Yar, I'll also accept MM's.... but I mean.... nobody would want to challenge me anyway, waste of their money, I mean obviously.

DSMANIAC92

Smash Cadet
Kirby's gonna mindgame DSMANIAC with several swallowcides. :eek:

Actually, knowing me, I'd just pick Sheik and chain throw any Links/Young Links to death lol. :lick:
funny i never knew swallowcides were beneficial when kirby has less lives then its opponent because thats how it would be most of the time.:p

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
lol Kirby can survive the swallowcide so actually when you're at 2 lives and I'm at 1 and I swallowcide you, live, and then swallowcide you again it will be quite sexy imo.

J.L

Smash Ace
hey volasko! not sure if you remember me but we used to have marth ditto mms. Looking forward to another one, what do you say?

Im up for any other mms as well, i main marth/ganon/fox

efex

Smash Cadet
ahhh dont forget to include me in singles -_-; ( btw if anyone wants a combo movie made from teh event i'll need the tape after the event , i can put them straight onto a computer and upload them to youtube or even have them up on my file hosting =] )

DSMANIAC92

Smash Cadet
lol Kirby can survive the swallowcide so actually when you're at 2 lives and I'm at 1 and I swallowcide you, live, and then swallowcide you again it will be quite sexy imo.
but if you attempt to swallow me i will send an arrow, boomerang or bomb in my place.
Would'nt it be awesome if kirby actually swallowed the bomb and it blew up in his stomach King Dodongo style, they could put that in brawl: it would do twice the damage and stun him as well. i think THAT would be sexy.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Ooooh this thing is just around the corner, excitement.
I'd say for nnr vs sauga we do 6v6, four stock each, winners take all the glory.
I'd also say this tourny should decide the toronto power rankings, and then we'd have an updated edition once grmo's tourny is done.

Volasko

Smash Ace
I accept all challenges:
DB wanna do marth vs falcon bo3 $3.
Divine Knight Marth vs Luigi bo3 $5?
Dragon Hawk, wanna MM? your main vs my Marth?

I also play fox, link, ganon, captain and luigi as mains.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I.B

D.B

J.L

Geezuz, is initials the biggest craze now? :0

Iono, my friend wants to hold a smash tournament on the same date o_0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom