• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSYN5! Feb 15th-16th Oak Lawn, IL - $200 Pot Bonus

Kirk

Smash Champion
Here you go:

*If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.

:phone:

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
That is the definition of nitpicking. Pointing something out that is wrong, but would really make no actual difference because humans have the ability to infer.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
His opinion is like "Tink Bracket Theory" wrong.
Like really....really?

But idk, I just had a bad TO decision recently, but it was due to miscommunication and TO inexperience, not the lack of reading comprehension and common sense.

Meneks

Smash Lord
His opinion is like "Tink Bracket Theory" wrong.
Like really....really?

But idk, I just had a bad TO decision recently, but it was due to miscommunication and TO inexperience, not the lack of reading comprehension and common sense.
Are you referring to the Uchi tourney?

If so, eh..
The only mistake was made aside from "miscommunication" is that the set wasn't continued and made a best of 7.

I guess people thought it didn't add up that after a bo3 the process of banning/counterpicking still continued.

Also I might have found a venue here in Chicago, its a "video game place" I guess? Kinda like "the cave" in Geneva, Illinois from back in the day.. It anything happens there it wouldn't be until after scsyn.. But it would be cool if people are interested then perhaps I could actually host it.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Are you referring to the Uchi tourney?

If so, eh..
The only mistake was made aside from "miscommunication" is that the set wasn't continued and made a best of 7.

I guess people thought it didn't add up that after a bo3 the process of banning/counterpicking still continued.

Also I might have found a venue here in Chicago, its a "video game place" I guess? Kinda like "the cave" in Geneva, Illinois from back in the day.. It anything happens there it wouldn't be until after scsyn.. But it would be cool if people are interested then perhaps I could actually host it.
It's funny that the last two times Cheato and I played in bracket the same thing happened, I won and he was salty and we continued the set out of pride.

It's all over now, so Im done wasting time taking about it.

alcheato

Smash Ace
It's funny that the last two times Cheato and I played in bracket the same thing happened, I won and he was salty and we continued the set out of pride.

It's all over now, so Im done wasting time taking about it.
Lmao dude we hadn't played in bracket in ages and the last few times I asked for a friendly runback on the stage I lost on. That's completely different from not announcing that you wanted to play loser's semis as Bo3 after I announced it to be Bo5 and then playing it out to game 5.

Doesn't matter now though.

Hindawg

Smash Journeyman
Tink now:

this is gonna be toooooo awesome!! i cant wait.

Day of tournament

: O_o....111 yoo my dads ............baseball............ league is havin dis piza .........partay i gotta drive my uncles .....................dog to the mall O_0 .......

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll...im helping run it homieeee, cant be johning out...plus, 2013 is the year of the tink my dude

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I can run cactuar stamina pancake if need be, it just needs to happen!

I can also bring streaming with commentary (up to 3 commentators). Are brackets going to be overlapping each other? It would be cool to stream both games, or at least the top of the bracket (and CSP!).

Tink

Smash Hero
id like to say, yes to everything u said mundungu...its 2 days, so were trying for as little layover as possible, and CSP looks toooooo great, we defff need to do that somewhere....prolly twords the end of the night id imagine.

Oracle

Smash Master
texas/st. louis needs housing. Gonna be me, sethlon, hylian, one of hylian's friends, and possibly one other guy

Oracle

Smash Master
Rat what a kind donation to Sethlon. I'm sure he appreciates it

If this happens I've got $10 on seth any takers?

Tink

Smash Hero
all the chicago ppl that went up there for that, cant handle multiple chars at higher level, or even played competively on most of those wacky stages....but dont worry, ill hold it down for chicago and take the CSP crown =D. i dont think ive lost a random tourny in forever actually =D.

Tink

Smash Hero
in tournament, yes, but even in pools, ive been down to go falcon/peach/dmario/luigi....and in friendlies...ohhhh boy, almost everyyyy damn char.....so bring it!

Scythe

Smash Master
yoshi is like the hardest character to play in the game. whenever i got stuck playing him in csp i lost : /

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What is csp? This was after my time.

Dart!

Smash Master
Stamina mode every stage randoms. The ability to change your char randomly or make your opponent switch as well

Rat

Smash Lord
If there's enough set-ups we should be able to do CSP. Also if WI wants to run it, that seems pretty apt.

Top Bottom