• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSYN5! Feb 15th-16th Oak Lawn, IL - $200 Pot Bonus

Rat

Smash Lord

It's time for another.​

Facebook Event Page

Date and Venue Information
Feb 15-16 2013

Grace Community Church
10415 Kedvale Ave
Oak Lawn, IL 60453

Entry Information
$10 Venue Fee.
Venue Fee will be waved if you bring a full set-up. Set-ups will need to be used for both days.

$5 Discount for a recording set-up, full car (carpool waive) and First Time players.
*Carpool waive applies to each person in the car and no discount below 0.

Melee Teams: $20 per team
Melee Singles: $15

Project M Teams: $20 per team
Project M Singles: $15

PM will be using the latest release.

Payouts
65 or more entrants
1st place: 40%
2nd place: 23%
3rd place: 13%
4th place: 8%
5th place: 4.5%
7th place: 3.5%

64 - 33 entrants
1st place: 40%
2nd place: 25%
3rd place: 15%
4th place: 10%
5th places: 5%

32 or fewer entrants
1st place: 55%
2nd place: 30%
3rd place: 15%

Pot Bonus
In addition to all entry fees, there will be:
$100 Pot Bonus for PM Singles
$50 OoS Bonus for PM Singles
$50 OoS Bonus for Melee Singles

Pot Bonus will be added into the total prize pool and follow normal payout .
OoS Bonus will be given to the highest placing player not from IL. You must show a Valid State ID.

Tournament Schedule

Registration Times
Friday 2/15/13
12:00pm | Doors Open
12:30pm | Registration Begins
1:30pm | PM Doubles Registration Closes
3:30pm | Melee Doubles Registration Closes
6:30pm | Melee Singles Registration Closes
7:30pm | PM Singles Registration Closes
9:00pm | CSP Registration Closes

Sat 2/16/13
12:00am | Singles Pools 'Sudden Death' Registration Closes

Tournament Schedule

Friday 2/15/13
12:00pm | Doors Open, Freeplay
2:00pm | PM Doubles Pools Begins
4:00pm | Melee Doubles Pools Begins
6:00pm | Dinner Break
7:00pm | Melee Singles Pools Begins
8:00pm | PM Singles Pools Begins
9:30pm | CSP
12:00am | Doors Close

Saturday - 2/16/13
10-10:30am | Check In
11:00am | Melee Doubles Bracket
12:00pm | PM Doubles Bracket
1:00pm | Sudden Death Pools
3:00pm | Food Break
4:00pm | Melee Singles Bracket
6:00pm | PM Singles Bracket
12:00am | Venue Closes

Pools will be announced before they begin. Each pool will be assigned a set of TVs and a pool captain. Pool captains will be in charge of the pool - keeping it going smoothly, and explaining any rules.

Bracket Matches will be announced with a numbered TV.

Singles Pools - Sudden Death Round
On Saturday Morning/Afternoon there will be an extra round of pools. This is another chance for eliminated players to make it into bracket. And it's an opportunity for those who could not come friday to enter.

Second Chance for Eliminated Players
Of the players eliminated from the tournament on Friday, the player with the best record from each pool will be entered into the Sudden Death round.

Example: Top 4 Advance from Pools*. You barely lost to a jerk-store Peach player and got 5th seed. You will advance into the Sudden Death Round of pools.

*Not the actual amount. The number who advance from pools will be determined at the tournament.

Last Chance Entry
If you could not make it to the tournament on Friday and still want to enter, you can register for the Sudden Death round on Saturday Morning.
Entry Fee will be the same as on Friday.

Note:
There will not be many pools. If you carpool and enter - you'all may be in the same death pool. The TOs will try their best to split you up accordingly.
If you are a super pro and don't feel like entering friday - Players who advance from sudden death pools will get low seeding into the bracket.

Food
We will be selling snacks at the venue.
There's a Subway 3 min walk from the Church.
McDonald's, Papa Johns, Jimmy John's, or Local Diners (Rosie's) are within 5 min car ride.

Housing

Nearby Hotels
Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
9333 South Cicero Avenue, Oak Lawn, IL, 60453-2517
Telephone: 1-708-425-7800
Website
Prepay, Non-refundable: 2 Beds - $122.40 + Tax per night (Rates)
Refundable: 2 Beds - $144 + Tax per night (Rates)

Gateway Motel
4657 West 95th Street, Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Telephone: (708) 423-4330, Toll Free: (866) 872-9845
Website
Prices:
$78.66 + Tax - Single Queen Bed
$85.50 + Tax - Two Double Beds
Checked on 1/6/13

Local Smashers
Here's some chicagoland smashers who've offered to house people:
*Updated 12/12/12

Rat - 708 663 4366 - I'm full. Got MI, Twins, SB
Oro?! - send pm - 1hr away. Plays LoL.
MattDotZeb - send pm - 45m N of venue. Known to make breakfast.
KnitePhox - send pm - 15m from Venue. Has carpool van to venue.

If you can offer housing please post/pm me your Name and Number in the thread along with number of people you can house. I'll put them up here.

Project: M Ruleset

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF and set to NONE
* Buffer OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.
* All Semi-finals and Finals matches will be Best of 5 format.
* If each player has one stock remaining and the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick a stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in "122112" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes the next two stages.
4. Second player strikes one stage.

Stages

Starters
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium 2
Smashville
Yoshi's Story

Counterpicks
Dracula's Castle
Green Hill Zone
Metal Cavern
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rumble Falls
Wario Ware
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

After each match:
1. Winner announces TWO(2) stage bans.
2. Loser chooses a Counterpick stage.
3. Winner chooses their character.
4. Loser chooses their character.
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional).
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional).

Melee Ruleset

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If a match ends with both players dying at the same time resulting in Sudden Death, a 1-stock rematch will be played out on the same stage.
* All Semi-finals and Finals matches will be Best of 5 format.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo's Soul Stunner are banned.
* Non-first party controllers must be inspected by TO staff before use in tourney.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in forfeiture of the match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Dave's Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick a stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* Player's Choice Clause: You may play by a rule outside of this ruleset if your opponent agrees to it as long as it does not deliberately delay the tournament process. In the event of a disagreement, house rules stand.
* Double Blind Character Picks: Players may elect to double blind pick their characters for the first match in case of any disputes.
* Neutral Spawn Points: Players may elect to use neutral spawn points to decide controller ports for the first match in case of any disputes.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in "1221" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stages

Starters (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Starters (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces a stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets).
2. Loser chooses a Counterpick stage.
3. Winner chooses their character.
4. Loser chooses their character.
5. Winner chooses their controller port (optional).
6. Loser chooses their controller port (optional).

Cactuar Stamina Pancake Ruleset
Cactuar (by Cactuar)
- Best of 7
- Random stage from everything except Icicle Mountain, Hyrule Temple, Brinstar Depths, and Big Blue

Stamina (by Nintendo)
- Stamina Mode

Pancake (by Zjiin)
- Random characters
- Starting with the winner from the last game, each player may decide to "flip" either character, meaning re-random them.
- For the first match, decide randomly who flips first (via rock-paper-scissors).

Rules Clarifications
- If Zelda is randomed, re-random again to determine if you got Zelda or Sheik. The top 2 rows = Zelda, the bottom row = Sheik. This makes it very rare to have sheik, since she destroys low tier characters.
- Select pichu before randoming. This is done to prevent disputes getting the same character twice in a row. If you "accidentally" hit B to repick Pichu, you are stuck with him.
- If you can't tell who won the match, replay the game.
- Wobbling is LEGAL.

Pool Tiebreakers

Tiebreaker #1: Set Wins
Tiebreaker #2: Wins
Tiebreaker #3: Losses
Tiebreaker #4: Head to Head
Tiebreaker #5: One stock playoff

General Rules

-BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.

-Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (Such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks. If there is any doubt in the ruling of a pausing incident, stop what you are doing and CALL ONE OF THE TOs TO YOUR MATCH.

-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag.

-Coaching is allowed only between games, not during.

-DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.

-The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.

-Players may request that any texture, stage, or other hacks be disabled during a tournament set. If this is unable to be done, they may switch to a different setup if available.

Parking and Venue

Park outside in the church parking lot.

View of the church

Inside the gym

Up at the stage

TO Contact Info
Rat - 708 663 4366
Vro - 630 677 3818

Rat

Smash Lord
First post reserved for whatever I want.

Also shout-out to Kirk/Scythe for the PM ruleset and general rules.

Scythe

Smash Master
Hype I hope we can get a lot of people to come to this one. These tourneys are awesome.

Rat

Smash Lord
@Juggleguy
Yes that is correct it will be Fri-Saturday.

I understand people have class and work. I'm hoping that as it's Presidents day weekend Fri-Sat will be easier for people to work with.

kd-

Smash Lord
I'll want to go if I have a new main/reason to play smash by then. I shouldn't, but will want to go anyway

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I'll need housing for the 15th!
If there is crews, I would love to be considered, I want to prove things to myself and everyone else.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, if I megabus to chicago can i get a ride from some1? & housing

@Nick Kooy

Tink

Smash Hero
there are alot of ppl in chicago, so its not tooo hard to get rides....tho if u megabus, id assume u would go to the station in chicago, which is very close to vro....if thats the case, u might wanna get ahold of him.

Tink

Smash Hero
we need a mod to sticky this! who needs to get a PM for that to happen? anyone know?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
megabus tickets bought

me n orly are going to go on a RAMPAGE in PM dubs!!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I am very interested in attending this.

Debating driving or taking a megabus.

Tink

Smash Hero
awesomeeee...thanks hylian for stickying! and hope u come out....gonna be hypeeee styff for both games!

for all ppl that might fly in, midway airport is reallllly close to rats/kels house and other ppl in the city are kinda close too, so there should be plenty of easy transportation/housing throughout! ohares good to for other ppl.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
damn i live like 10 mins away from this, might house some people

i'll go even tho i don't really play melee; p:m seems legit as well

Tink

Smash Hero
lollll...hey, it happend and hylian was the last person to post 0_0....mayyy bad, thanks composer <3.

also, texas coming? getttt hyped! see if the nation can actually take down the MW juggernauts in PM =DDDD.

Top Bottom