• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSYN5! Feb 15th-16th Oak Lawn, IL - $200 Pot Bonus

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'll talk with Sethlon and the gang, see if I can make this.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
So... with the Megabus deal, I maybe also be going to this. Columbus to Chicago, yo.

EDIT: Apparently the promo code isn't valid, so $55.00 both ways. Urgh.

EDIT2: Okay, so if I leave Columbus on Thursday Night and get to Chicago... I think Friday Morning around 7am, it'll be free. But then $39.00 for the return trip Monday morning at 9am. If I return on Sunday it's $55.00 for the return.

Is there anyone who could house me from Friday through Monday morning?

EDIT3: Oh, it's Wednesday Night. Maybe not then...

Oracle

Smash Master
Try returning on monday.

I'll talk with Sethlon and the gang, see if I can make this.
Hype! Pm me your contact info and I'll hook you up with travel plans. ATM it looks like we're stopping through st. louis to meet up with hylian

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Try returning on monday.

Hype! Pm me your contact info and I'll hook you up with travel plans. ATM it looks like we're stopping through st. louis to meet up with hylian
If you guys are bringing more than 3 I can't drive you cause Tmacc is going with us as well. 3 should work though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I need a teammate for Melee still I think, unless ORLY wants to team there too! I use Fox in doubles unless my teammate really understands how to team with DK. Me & Connor did really well at Kings of Cali if that means much. We lost to 2nd (SFAT & PPU) & 4th (Lovage & S2J)

Rat

Smash Lord
Yes for the cactuar stamina pancake. I got to see the hype this weekend.

I'm full up for housing atm. Someone' else gonna have to step up.

Tink

Smash Hero
ppl around the area are....in no paricular order....mattdottzeb, kels, vro and a bunch others....try contacting one of them.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I live about 45 minutes north of the venue. May not be super close, but I don't charge and I've been known to make breakfast.

If you're coming from out of state/region I'll be happy to house you. PM me if you need it. I really could only house one car-full of people.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I'm about an hour 15 west of the venue but I can house a car+1-2 if you let me know.

Just like MattDotZeb I make breakfast no charge and please ask me by PM.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm not sure if I'm taking a megabus or driving yet, but probably driving and will need housing. I'll contact someone when I find out.

Tink

Smash Hero
i know alot of MW is cheap as ****, but we are trying/planning on gettin a decent amount of OoR players to this, so some ppl might have to get a hotel with ppl 0_o. only a maybe, but i assume some ppl will have to.

Tink

Smash Hero
i am LOLLLL.....but i wont need housing, like other ppl do. i still owe sveet 20 bux because i was too poor at fc for housing ://.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hopefully commuting an hour from/to the venue on Friday night and Saturday morning isn't bad enough to warrant a hotel room haha.

Disclaimer: I would offer to house people, but I live in a school dorm with a roommate...

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I'd be down 100% if I knew more about you guys, and i still will probably house cuz I'm too close to the venue. I'm going to apex so if anyone that wants to house with me for this and is by chance also going to apex, just look for me by the 64 setups

I make Mexican or American breakfast and sometimes a mixture of both, bit of a small house but its a house and if its standard Midwest cold ill have a chimney/stove thing going. Would be **** and ill find out how many I can house for sure soon.

**** it yeah ill house people, I only have a raper van as far as rides go, if someone brings a car I can do 1-4 more in it, shotgun has like insane port advantage in my van btw(if you like candy, no shotgun :troll:)

(in that 'random' guy that brought speakers and comp to glen ellyn a few times LOL)
I'm 10 mins car ride away from venue and 15mins from midway. this is like, MY area basically, I know about local eat spots etc.

Rat

Smash Lord
I updated the event info with Oro, Matt, and KnitePhox. Thanks guys.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
So this is nit picky and dumb but I guess its always best to have the ruleset accurate. According to the current rules for project M, if someone ends the game with a suicide move they are the winner. The rule is: "If the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins."

This would imply that ending the match with a suicide move would always win the game and does not specify that this is only the case when the suicide move was sucesfully performed when BOTH players had one stock. Under the current rules wording if the person who used he suicide move had 1 stock and did it to someone with 3 stocks, the match would end and the loser would win.

Dumb I know and you'd have to be a loser to actually try and say you won a match based off of that, but based on the current rules posted for P:M, the loser would technically be the winner.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
So this is nit picky and dumb but I guess its always best to have the ruleset accurate. According to the current rules for project M, if someone ends the game with a suicide move they are the winner. The rule is: "If the match ends due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the one who initiated the move wins."

This would imply that ending the match with a suicide move would always win the game and does not specify that this is only the case when the suicide move was sucesfully performed when BOTH players had one stock. Under the current rules wording if the person who used he suicide move had 1 stock and did it to someone with 3 stocks, the match would end and the loser would win.

Dumb I know and you'd have to be a loser to actually try and say you won a match based off of that, but based on the current rules posted for P:M, the loser would technically be the winner.
that's not nitpicking, that's just kinda stupid. Obv it only matters if both players have one stock.

Scythe

Smash Master
As a TO if someone made that complaint I would just tell them to shut up and stop being a sore loser.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
The rule implies that its in result of a tie due to a suicide move, so it's not nitpicking.

I could only imagine someone trying to scapegoat a win like that, LOL.

Top Bottom