• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSYN5! Feb 15th-16th Oak Lawn, IL - $200 Pot Bonus

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Any chance PM Doubles Pools and Melee Doubles Pools can be swapped on the schedule? Thinking about it, PM is huge mostly in the Chicago-Land area so I don't think it'd hurt attendance at all by moving it to earlier in the day. On the other hand, Melee travelers have to leave very early in the morning in order to get to Chicago by 1pm Friday. If not, no worries, just a thought I had in response to Atma's post.

Robin60062

Smash Apprentice
Since it's 2 days, if anyone needs a place to stay, PM me. I live in Schaumburg, IL. Also, if anyone wants to play a scrub, PM me too.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Any chance PM Doubles Pools and Melee Doubles Pools can be swapped on the schedule? Thinking about it, PM is huge mostly in the Chicago-Land area so I don't think it'd hurt attendance at all by moving it to earlier in the day. On the other hand, Melee travelers have to leave very early in the morning in order to get to Chicago by 1pm Friday. If not, no worries, just a thought I had in response to Atma's post.
this, most of the OoSers are coming for melee, so it might be a lil more convenient. I got off work tho, so ill be hittin up both. I need a new PM partner tho, cuz dart isnt gonna make it.

Tink

Smash Hero
m2k just said he prolly couldnt make it last night either....for ppl that wernt watching trihex's stream....so this tournament is back up for the taking!

those are always the best tournaments, when anyone has a shot at the top spots! LETS GET HYPE, MELEE and PM are OPEN!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
segmented is boring as **** man. single segment or bust.

Rat

Smash Lord
k I hear ya. I'll talk to cary and see what we can come up with.

@Scythe
Recruit more PM players to come? Not sure how. You mean like advertise more? I can spam stream chats more.

Bieber

Smash Apprentice
^^^^^^^^^^^yes

trying to come up from st louis with deku and darkatma for this but i don't think we'd be able to make it till 7 at the earliest

Dart!

Smash Master
m2k just said he prolly couldnt make it last night either....for ppl that wernt watching trihex's stream....so this tournament is back up for the taking!

those are always the best tournaments, when anyone has a shot at the top spots! LETS GET HYPE, MELEE and PM are OPEN!
Implying that m2k isn't beatable

Tink

Smash Hero
not by anyone in the mw LOLLL....when u can beat mango and take armada to a very close set, no matter when they have played....no....noone in the MW is that good.

Dart!

Smash Master
not by anyone in the mw LOLLL....when u can beat mango and take armada to a very close set, no matter when they have played....no....noone in the MW is that good.
That you are aware of. This kind of talk is exactly why the Midwest will go nowhere.
Thanks for the help tink.

Tink

Smash Hero
i could say the same of your arrogance o_0....if u think u are in the top 5 player's leagues, ur crazy.....ya, u may give them a run for their money....but these players are top for a reason....they practice more then you, they win more then you, they travel more then you(or MW in general)....plain and simple heh.

the only person in the MW that ill give shoutouts to, is kelly, and even he gets whooped.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey, just to be clear - even with the new stage structure, Norfair will NOT be a legal counterpick for PM, right? It's not listed in the OP and IL hasn't really used it in tournament before, but I just wanted to confirm this because the rules were made before 2.5 was released.

Dart!

Smash Master
i could say the same of your arrogance o_0....if u think u are in the top 5 player's leagues, ur crazy.....ya, u may give them a run for their money....but these players are top for a reason....they practice more then you, they win more then you, they travel more then you(or MW in general)....plain and simple heh.

the only person in the MW that ill give shoutouts to, is kelly, and even he gets whooped.
I didn't say anything about me in my post.

Also it wasn't about me, it's about the Midwest in general. We should try to get better and the only way to show that we're getting better is to beat good players. But we can't do that with the negativity.
Nice try though 0_o

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I didn't say anything about me in my post.

Also it wasn't about me, it's about the Midwest in general. We should try to get better and the only way to show that we're getting better is to beat good players. But we can't do that with the negativity.
Nice try though 0_o
He was talking about me.
Im the M2K killer.

Tink

Smash Hero
well, considering i only pointed out you cause i was talking to YOU, and said" or ANYONE IN THE MW"....ya, i think my post was correct LOLLLL.

if you wanna make the MW better, encourage travelling to the coasts, or the south....MW beating MW is not going to make the MW better -_-.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
well, considering i only pointed out you cause i was talking to YOU, and said" or ANYONE IN THE MW"....ya, i think my post was correct LOLLLL.

if you wanna make the MW better, encourage travelling to the coasts, or the south....MW beating MW is not going to make the MW better -_-.
Me beating you wont make the MW better, but it will hopefully get you practicing again.
Which in turn gets the MW better.
see what I did there?

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll....ohhhhh jeff......u just dont know homie...i wish u were going to this tournament this weekend so i could show ya whats really up =D.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
So... I'm pretty sure at this point I'm not going anymore :( Life priority johns.

Maybe next time, and perhaps I'll be able to see some of you at Gen3 :p

jdgalan

Smash Rookie
question

what type of controller can we use?
can we use the classic controller?

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
what type of controller can we use?
can we use the classic controller?
in melee you need a gamecube controller.
As for PM, i've heard people using Wii Motes for Brawl, but its extremely ill advised.

I don't know what Rat wants to do obviously.

Top Bottom