• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSYN3! (MELEE) - Chicago -[AUGUST 21st] $200 pot bonus!

Vro

Smash Lord
last mas was r brothers, sveet, rat, and me

i'm not changing the date

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
i dont think you should, im saying that its karma because he has hosted tourneys on the same day as other tourneys pretty frequently recently

Vro

Smash Lord
I am increasing the entree fee for doubles to $10 per person, $20 per team. Singles will be $15 entry.

Tink

Smash Hero
awww ****t...now just dont tell WC/south/EC and we will be fine -_-....but this looks amazingggg....needs toc ome faster!

Dart!

Smash Master
So my College orientation thing is on this date. i'll see what i can do...especially since my money got gouged at vros house just for this tourney -_-.

Tink

Smash Hero
not if you cant beat samus's nubbb.....

also no johns dart...i didnt know you were banking on your piggy bank to get to tournaments :p...all together, the vro zone costed 20 bux at most for the 2 tournaments, and u made that back anyway. so gas+food is no johns not to go sonnn! plus, you guys can win teams, cant you =)?

Dart!

Smash Master
not if you cant beat samus's nubbb.....

also no johns dart...i didnt know you were banking on your piggy bank to get to tournaments :p...all together, the vro zone costed 20 bux at most for the 2 tournaments, and u made that back anyway. so gas+food is no johns not to go sonnn! plus, you guys can win teams, cant you =)?
Money isn't the issue here. It's college, real life is going to catch us all one day...maybe not justin wong or m2k but its going to happen. I'll do my best, and i don't know if anthony can go.

I still think he and i could beat you and kels, as far as teaming goes that was our first time so a little more experience and it'll be close :p

kirkq

Smash Ace
You should add the red "Melee" tag to this thread.

I'll look into coming to this probably with some others from Purdue and an unnecessary amount of TVs and cubes.

Here's hoping this gets a good attendance/following with livestream/commentary. I'd like to start commentating matches. (I know nothing about setting this up myself, I'm just throwing this out there.) I haven't been really impressed with smash commentary lately.

Who all is going to be in charge of running the tournament? I'm sure you guys have it under control, but this could get fairly large attendance.

Will there be singles/doubles pools? If the tournament is well organized there is always time for both. This is if like 3-5 people are in charge of making sure people don't suck of course.

Trail is taking this home, clearly.

Rat

Smash Lord
Vro and I are hosting this tournament.

I'm pretty sure we could use some help running this thing. I was hoping the likes of you, BigD, and BunBun could help out. Cause you'all are **** at running tournaments.

Anyways here are some pictures of the venue:
Thankfully we will be upgrading from Damien's Basement.

The Church

-Nice parking lot!

Into the Gym

-It's equipped with doors!

Looking at the Stage

-Those are some comfortable looking chairs!

Looking at the Hoop

-Please do not use the hoop during the tournament.

The Stage:

-There is a projection screen! Oh Boy!

The Kitchen

-There will be food?!!

Please note that I have NOT yet guaranteed use of the kitchen. If we are allowed to use the kitchen: I will be selling food. Probably hot dogs, soda, candy, etc.

Also could I get a couple people to bring some bags (Cornhole)? It wouldn't really be a sakurai can't save you now! without The Bags.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
not to be a johns factory but 15 is kinda high for this regional its 15 to get into apex singles which is seeing international attendance

Vro

Smash Lord
We will be doing pools for both events. Time will be very strict and we might have to do 3 stock teams pools.

Dj, I believe the last few SMYM's have been $15. I am up for discussion, but my logic is that I want to attract a lot of top players. High entry fee and a decent sized bonus are the only ways I as a TO can pull people in. If only I was Zjiin and could change this title thread to have the Melee: tag and include a $200 pot bonus! and use magical summoning powers to get all of the MW back... then we could talk.

how do you get darkrain to come?

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
You are right Vro on SMYM I hope it does bring good attendance and people dont john out and go to something like M.A.S. You should probably do your best though to get ahold of zjiin in order to advertise that this will be worth peoples time to come. There is only 50 days until this event which will come quicker than you think. I will be coming regardless with Purdue people as kirk said.

kirkq

Smash Ace
We will be doing pools for both events. Time will be very strict and we might have to do 3 stock teams pools.
An extra stock per player adds maybe 2 minutes to a whole set. If there are like 48 teams in 8 pools of 6 teams each, this is 8*[(6*6 - 6)/2] = 120 sets. Divide this by the number of TVs, say an average number of 24 sizable TVs, and you get 5 sets played on each TV. 5 sets*2 minutes each is about 10 minutes total.

Perhaps the real number is more like 15 minutes. Regardless I am sure that more time can be saved by ensuring people are ready to play pools matches when necessary. One thing you could do as a precautionary is turn down pools match time to 6 minutes. This rules out any one match stalling the tournament without altering gameplay for most players.

At the average large tournament I would say at least 45 minutes are wasted on average because one pool sucks and no one gets on them in time and because the bracket is not prepared effectively.

My personal thoughts are that it probably won't affect seedings much, yet sitting through one less stock is practically no time saved.

Food at the venue also saves a ton of time.

If anyone wants to speculate logistics feel free to AIM me. I need to debate whether I'd rather primarily play or help run.

$15. I am up for discussion, but my logic is that I want to attract a lot of top players.
$15 singles is good for a sizable tournament these days.

Tink

Smash Hero
is there any way to go halfsies or fullsies on buying food(if we can use the kitchen) and making a profit on it rat? just wondering....gotta think like a buissness man =))).

also, this is gonna be too good, 10 orr 15 for singles.....i dont think darks gonna come :/....he never came to the other ones as is.....i wanna deff see a strong showing from WI/Mi tho! this should be the closest big tournament for you guys!

edit: also, whats the happs on housing for this fine tournament? i knowww that will be a big question when it gets closer if further ppl are gonna come, and housing is usaully essential in decision making.

Vro

Smash Lord
kirkq i want you to be bracket police. make sure pools are running and no one is playing friendlies, etc. basically it's what Tink and BigD will be doing, just yelling at people and reporting results.

i will look into housing. rat is still looking into food at the venue, which would save a bunch of time but create trash =/

Zicore

Smash Champion
is there any way to go halfsies or fullsies on buying food(if we can use the kitchen) and making a profit on it rat? just wondering....gotta think like a buissness man =))).

also, this is gonna be too good, 10 orr 15 for singles.....i dont think darks gonna come :/....he never came to the other ones as is.....i wanna deff see a strong showing from WI/Mi tho! this should be the closest big tournament for you guys!

edit: also, whats the happs on housing for this fine tournament? i knowww that will be a big question when it gets closer if further ppl are gonna come, and housing is usaully essential in decision making.
this is the same day that I am moving into my downtown apartment, but I will see what I can do. If I do come down, expect goodies.

ANd holy godfukc, if someone doesn't bring bags, then the tourney will be a complete failure. Or if drephen doesn't show...

Rat

Smash Lord
Yeah the food situation will not be resolved until monday as the church secretary is on vacation.

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
Rat if you want help with food if they let u get it on i may be able to help i think i still have a sam's club card and can get like bulk food for less

Dart!

Smash Master
So i just asked BlackPanther about the college orientation thing and apparently its not mandatory so put me down as confirmed attendance :) he said he might go as well.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
not sure if i can come. I have lots of school johns (move-in day, etc.)

Top Bottom