• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SCSYN3! (MELEE) - Chicago -[AUGUST 21st] $200 pot bonus!

Zjiin

Smash Master
I realize that there is no date confirmed yet, but at this point; what is/are the date(s) in question?

:023::076::055:
WE were shooting for Dec 13th, but if I can't get confirmation by the end of next week, it's going to be pushed back to Jan most likely. :(

khepri

Smash Lord
So I talked to the people at my school and apparently only RSOs are eligible to rent out space. I can ask the video gaming RSO here to apply for me but even then there's this whole lottery we have to go through to get the date and event confirmed. I wouldn't count on anything happening at my school. What did the manager of the venue of the All Smash event say?

Mars-

Smash Champion
Everyone come to the HUGE tournament at Purdue University...December 6th!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204457

You can take the amtrak right there(to Lafayette), and we will pick you up!!
I was checking this and apparently the train would drop me off in chicago in the morning and would be leaving for purdue during the evening so if possible would anyone be able to house me during the day in chicago if I go?

smash superstar

Smash Ace
I will be finding out sometime this week I hope if I will be able to rent out the venue at my apartment complex if I can I would be willing to host a tourny sometime around late jan-early feb

Zjiin

Smash Master
So....postponed till jan?
Yup. The timing was just bad with so many other things going on, and a lot of people weren't able to make it. The venue isn't the ideal one so this will give me more time to look around. Also my co-host is going to be quitting smash, and planning something before the year is over was only for his benefit.

I'll revive this thread once it becomes important again.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Yup. The timing was just bad with so many other things going on, and a lot of people weren't able to make it. The venue isn't the ideal one so this will give me more time to look around. Also my co-host is going to be quitting smash, and planning something before the year is over was only for his benefit.

I'll revive this thread once it becomes important again.
Who is your Co-Host?

Zjiin

Smash Master
*summons thread from grave*

[UPDATE]

The hotel i am currently working for opened up another location near me, which from what i hear, has 3 banquet halls and a swimming pool. I'm going to be looking into hosting SCSYN3 there, and if all goes well, any SCSYNs that follow.

Date(s) still pending but it's potentially not going to be part of the circuit.

ice-

Smash Journeyman
*summons thread from grave*

[UPDATE]

The hotel i am currently working for opened up another location near me, which from what i hear, has 3 banquet halls and a swimming pool. I'm going to be looking into hosting SCSYN3 there, and if all goes well, any SCSYNs that follow.

Date(s) still pending but it's potentially not going to be part of the circuit.
o snap

10snaps

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
If another is planned I'll def plan on making it. Sucks we can't have it in ur garage again lol. Trail needs to mindgame the police again

Kels88

Smash Lord
After careful consideration, and since Khepri no longer mains falcon I have decided to main him.
Midwest just got a new falcon main.

Zjiin

Smash Master
It'll be at a venue, so unless you're of age there will be no brew, and bags are not happening. Deal with it, or make your own tourney.

Tink

Smash Hero
im of age =)....but ya, whens this gonna happen? since i really dont see TOO many melee people going to genesis from the MW, think we can make it around then? maybe like a week before or something....give like a month for smym, or maybe a month after smym, or something o_0?

Zjiin

Smash Master
After careful consideration, and since Khepri no longer mains falcon I have decided to main him.
Midwest just got a new falcon main.
Just to let everyone know, Kels's falcon main adventure lasted a whole THREE matches. He's back to the space animals.

Vro

Smash Lord
Anyone who is still subscribed: this is happening for real, this summer.

Top Bottom