• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scribblenauts

A_man13

Smash Master
The two problems I see with this game is having a somewhat limited set of vocabular which you can write and the puzzles being to easy. Other then that wow. You can get the star by distracting cops by a doughnut on a stick!

viparagon

Smash Ace
yeah, but apperently they went trough encyclopedias and stuff to collect like 10,000(made up:p) nouns... read the preview

A_man13

Smash Master
That perks me up a bit. I just hope the puzzles are more complex then the one in the video.

evileric

Smash Apprentice
This seems like an incredibly unique idea but I can't help to feel that the game will be limited somehow.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Seems good, although I wanted them to make Drawn to Life Wii.
I'll probably get this, seems interesting.

I was expecting something to do with Psychonauts though :(.

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
I hope there are some puzzles where, for example, you COULD solve part A one way, but it destroys something that's crucial for solving part B. Like if cutting that tree down robs you of a platform to get another, higher starchip?

I dunno, I'm definitely interested.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Great Scribblenauts story: http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/index.php?topic=34031.0

I hadn't heard of this game until E3 and was just reading a GAF thread about it. All the hands on videos look great and it really looks like this game has endless possibilities.

For example:

"I had played all the big titles at E3. Private showings of God of War III, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake. But at 4:00 on Thursday, I was wandering around the show floor, wondering what else I had to see. I saw a small little booth for "Scribblenauts!" in the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment section. I mean, who goes to that booth? But I remember hearing about it on GAF, and so I decided to check it out.

Best game of E3? Without a ****ing doubt. Anyone who says otherwise did not play Scribblenauts. Best game of all time? Jesus Christ, I don't know, maybe. It's a game that challenges your IMAGINATION. No other game has ever done that.

So listen to this story. I was in the early levels; I didn't quite have an idea of how ridiculously in-depth the database was. I was summoning things like ladders, glasses of water, rayguns, what have you. But I reached a level with zombie robots, and the zombie robots kept killing me. Rayguns didn't work, a torch didn't work, a pickaxe didn't work. In my frustration, I wrote in "Time Machine". And one popped up. What the ****? A smile dawned on my face. I hopped in, and the option was given to me to either travel to the past or the future. I chose past. When I hopped out, there were ****ing dinosaurs walking around. I clicked one, and realized I could RIDE THEM. So I hopped on a ****ing DINOSAUR, traveled back to the present, and stomped the **** out of robot zombies. Did you just read that sentence? Did you really? I ****ING TRAVELED THROUGH TIME AND JUMPED ON A DINOSAUR AND USED IT TO KILL MOTHER****ING ROBOT ZOMBIES. This game is unbelievable. Impossible. There's nothing you can't do.

Holy ****ing ****."

Dinosaurs, time travel, robot zombies, God, Death, Vampires, Vampire hunters, Cthulhu, Kraken and moving a whale with balloons a fan are just a few of the 10,000+ items you can use in the game. Sign me up! I'd link to some hands-on videos if I wasn't stuck at work right now.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I have so many things running through my head, must have this game.

Famous people, hmm Nixon anyone?:p

XACE-K

Smash Master
This game looks really interesting. The idea of using your own imagination to solve puzzles is what has me intrigued.

I have so many things running through my head, must have this game.

Famous people, hmm Nixon anyone?:p
In the latest issue of Nintendo Power, I think it said that certain proper nouns won't work. Whiles others (example: God), would.

Spire

III
BRoomer
It's definitely the game of E3, and is an instant contestant for game of the year.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Falcon Punch?, "YOU MUST RECOVER!!!?", I wonder if any pokemon or video game characters will appear? If you could call upon Kratos, all the chalenges would be easy.

M.K

Level 55
Oh my goodness, this looks absolutely amazing! I have so many ideas, already. I'm sure I'll play through this game tons and tons of times.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Yep. And I believe that the levels have a feature that you have to (to unlock it fully) play through the levels three more times. The catch is... you can't use the same words as in a previous run until you've beat it all four times. So it's more like 880 levels than 220. Time traveling, robot zombies, robot dinosaurs... you can attach ballons to a whale and then push it with a fan... glue things together... it truly is a work of art.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Needs some Gundam. But the prospect of Longcat and Keyboard Cat AND ceiling cat fight it out over Catmemedom is something I cannot miss.

I'm buying this.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
This game is a brilliant concept. I can't believe no one's thought of it before actually. Anybody can enjoy this!

If done right, this should be one of the standout games of the generation.

M.K

Level 55
Yep. And I believe that the levels have a feature that you have to (to unlock it fully) play through the levels three more times. The catch is... you can't use the same words as in a previous run until you've beat it all four times. So it's more like 880 levels than 220. Time traveling, robot zombies, robot dinosaurs... you can attach ballons to a whale and then push it with a fan... glue things together... it truly is a work of art.
Yeah, I heard that too! By the way, where did you hear that their will be 220 levels? I have only read online interviews, so if it was in Nintendo Power, I missed it.
All I heard was "hundreds and hundreds" of levels were going to be in this game.

bball2012

BRoomer
BRoomer
This game looks AMAZING. And this thread needs more videos!

God on a skateboard with a shotgun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3HXgvl8lp0

God vs. Kraken: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3HXgvl8lp0

This seems like one of those games with limitless possibilities. There's 220 levels, a sandbox mode where you can just go crazy, AND you can edit the original levels and share them with friends. A game powered by imagination and the breadth of your own vocabulary.

First game I've been really excited for since Brawl. Can't wait!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The video I saw had God on a skateboard with a shotgun fighting Cthulhu. Other than the fact Cthulhu looked horribly inaccurate, I am definitely getting this game. Any game with the Star God will get my money.

Darkslash

Smash Master
The video I saw had God on a skateboard with a shotgun fighting Cthulhu. Other than the fact Cthulhu looked horribly inaccurate, I am definitely getting this game. Any game with the Star God will get my money.
CK's Location said:
The nightmare corpse-city of R'lyeh
R'lyeh on Wikipedia said:
R'lyeh is a fictional city that first appeared in the story, "The Call of Cthulhu," by H. P. Lovecraft. R'lyeh is also referred to in Lovecraft's "The Mound" as Relex. R'lyeh is a sunken city located deep under the Pacific Ocean and is where the godlike being Cthulhu is buried.
I can see your point.

What I really want to see is a Cthulhu vs Narwhal fight. Obviously from the looping song "Narwhals" by mr.Weebl. With the indication of Longcat, Keyboard Cat, and Ceiling Cat I think that a Cthulhu Vs Narwhal fight is fully possible.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I can see your point.

What I really want to see is a Cthulhu vs Narwhal fight. Obviously from the looping song "Narwhals" by mr.Weebl. With the indication of Longcat, Keyboard Cat, and Ceiling Cat I think that a Cthulhu Vs Narwhal fight is fully possible.
You'll probably get it.

Supposedly the idea was to take any noun and make it appear on command. Since a narwhal is a noun, I don't see why there wouldn't be narwhals fighting Cthulhu.

So, we'll finally be able to resolve the ninjas v. pirates debate.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Not really. They can just make both die.

Although, really, Ninjas would win. The Pirates wouldn't even notice them >_>

Top Bottom