• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Alukard

Smash Hero
doesn't mean that Samus doesn't suck. Hugo's pretty good at this game.
samus does suck ... ask hugo how its impossible to beat a marth or a sheik that knows wat its doing and he'll just say ... yea and chuckle

Zjiin

Smash Master
Dear BigD/Scar,

The deoderant brand i've been using for the past 6 years is being discontinued. I went through an extensive process to find the one that's right for me (anti-persperant/odor/longevity/etc). Now that I have to find another, what active ingredients should be I be looking for in order to get the same high quality performance? I've heard that many companies sacrifice quality for fragrance, but I think this to be a myth. Also, what's the deal with stick vs gel? Thanks for your time.

~Inconclusive in Illinois

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
Comboing sheik

I know there's more to the matchup than combos, but I need help. A friend told me that you combo sheik differently than other characters, using reverse uairs and other weird stuff. How true is this?

How good is CF at 0-deathing sheik? If he's pretty good at it, what are some 0-deaths I should be able to do on a lvl 1 cpu? I want to make sure my tech skill is good enough, I know most people DI.

When you grab sheik when do you want to dthrow vs. uthrow? Is the uthrow a chain grab with bad di? Do you know any % ranges for guaranteed followups from throw?

Finally, any good videos to help with comboing sheik?

skyheart

Smash Lord
thats so gay

im supposed to team with m2k jman is supposed to team with darkrain

if jman teams with m2k i'm taking my controller back bc he blows

good **** skyheart regurgitating eggm's analysis
this was actually lol master's analysis

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Haha. I said "many players." Then, as you guys have said, you learn to use DI and trick the tech-chaser as you get better. I should have said "lower-level players."

@ Big D: It's true that you have to let one fly sometimes. I've seen many vids where Falcons chase with a stomp and guess wrong, but when they guess right.....wow.
Yea, there really isnt a penalty in guessing wrong. Just let some go and capitalize. Odds are that youll hit at least some of the time and just be prepared to **** from then on.

I think theres more penalty in reacting and then being too slow or early then simple guessing. But dont guess randomly, try to guess based on patterns.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I know there's more to the matchup than combos, but I need help. A friend told me that you combo sheik differently than other characters, using reverse uairs and other weird stuff. How true is this?

How good is CF at 0-deathing sheik? If he's pretty good at it, what are some 0-deaths I should be able to do on a lvl 1 cpu? I want to make sure my tech skill is good enough, I know most people DI.

When you grab sheik when do you want to dthrow vs. uthrow? Is the uthrow a chain grab with bad di? Do you know any % ranges for guaranteed followups from throw?

Finally, any good videos to help with comboing sheik?
Sheik's weight and falling speed are very similar to Marth's. If you're able to combo Marth pretty well, then you shouldn't have many problems. Dair has it's typical follow-ups (nair, uair, or knee, and usually nair/uair can lead into uair or knee depending on your opponent's DI). I'd personally downthrow sheik most of the time... upthrow -> uair/nair probably works for a while but I don't know. Falcon combos are more about improvisation as opposed to knowing percents for followups/combos like other characters. You just kinda get a "feel," for it after you have some experience comboing.

Big D, would you sign my controller?

HugS™

Smash Lord
samus does suck ... ask hugo how its impossible to beat a marth or a sheik that knows wat its doing and he'll just say ... yea and chuckle
Lol yeah but, ken/azen/drephen/dsf aren't around anymore...so there really aren't any marths or sheiks that know what they are doing in the match up...

other than M2k.

So there really is no excuse not to do well with Samus right now, no sheiks and marths should stop you.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Lol yeah but, ken/azen/drephen/dsf aren't around anymore...so there really aren't any marths or sheiks that know what they are doing in the match up...

other than M2k.

So there really is no excuse not to do well with Samus right now, no sheiks and marths should stop you.
theres still g$, tec0, m2k, vanz, jman, mango,

thats enough ... for me especially since thats all in my region LMFAO

DrewB008

Smash Lord
drephen is still around, and considering hugs isnt around he wouldnt really know who knows the matchup these days

comboing sheik is pretty easy once you get it started but its hard to really get stuff started on her; grabs youll need to tech chase a lot of the time at low % off your dthrow. you can mix up up throws and dthrows and do a little chaingrabbing but thats not much to rely on. after about 30 or 40% you can uthrow uair, and you can uthrow knee later but i dont know the %'s

strong bad, i would if you were going to smym

PEEF!

Smash Hero
thats so gay

im supposed to team with m2k jman is supposed to team with darkrain

if jman teams with m2k i'm taking my controller back bc he blows

good **** skyheart regurgitating eggm's analysis
Team with Darkrain. Please. Do it for the Falcon boards.

soap

Smash Hero

other than M2k.

drephen is still around and ****** the **** out of samus

also, quit makin it sound like "back in your day" was the only time people were good at the game

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Yo Scar! So i'm having trouble playing against spacies, I used to **** all the spacies that I play with but I'v lost my touch in the last few smashfests. I feel as if it's my techchasing cause it used to be on point but lately has been REALLY muddled down...... like if I Dthrow Fox I kinda wait if they tech, when they do I'm always to slow to continue the chase! If they don't tech they kinda lie and the ground......and wait....... seriously, it f*cks with my head..... I don't know if I should knee or wait longer, but by that time they're up........

What do you do when a space critter is set up for a techchase? I think I should dash dance...... but then again, I'm not Scar.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yo Scar! So i'm having trouble playing against spacies, I used to **** all the spacies that I play with but I'v lost my touch in the last few smashfests. I feel as if it's my techchasing cause it used to be on point but lately has been REALLY muddled down...... like if I Dthrow Fox I kinda wait if they tech, when they do I'm always to slow to continue the chase! If they don't tech they kinda lie and the ground......and wait....... seriously, it f*cks with my head..... I don't know if I should knee or wait longer, but by that time they're up........

What do you do when a space critter is set up for a techchase? I think I should dash dance...... but then again, I'm not Scar.
idk dude it's pretty tough, the advice darkrain gave to me was like think of it as a 50/50 shot

they're either gonna tech in place or miss tech (in which case you stomp where they land)
or
they're gonna tech roll one way or another (in which case you react and regrab)

the point is you choose whether you're gonna try to react and regrab OR whether you're gonna stomp where they land as soon as you make the throw, so it's a 50/50 guessing game

also if you throw in a fB here and there, fB is pretty good b/c it covers tech in place and tech roll to a side. not against other CFs tho b/c then they will knee you

something to think about.

Alukard

Smash Hero
SCAR ... ur team name should be

DarkScar =]

btw ur welcome for me not going in the car so u can team with Darkrain ... no one cared about me going anyway so i said **** it i'm out

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Omg if you do team with Darkrain.. do well man.. I want to see some double knees loll and stuff like that.. or like some ridiculous combos! DO IT!

Scar

#HarveyDent
good **** mogwai

also can we discuss the fact that i have $200+ in MMs @ SMYM?? im not sure if people are just pulling my leg or if they think i'm like really bad at super smash bros melee or if midwest is just full of falcon slayers

i guess i'll find out lol hope i'm not broke by the time i come back

Top Bottom