• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Nakamaru

Smash Master
My sheild game with falcon is really bad against marth, fox, and sheik. Any general tips for using sheild against these characters? Like what moves are good out of sheild and when i should just roll/jump away.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
i wd out of shield with the same button i hold the shield

its hard to get the full wd distance like that

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
whens the right time to use sideb?
Pivot raptor boost is great to evade a grab and good after sheild pressure (jab > pivot raptor boost) to go behind them. It works well to escape a techchase (from sheik or another falcon) too, or basically any time it's not expected. Otherwise it's really good to techchase with but we all know that.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
raptor boost? teach meh
i just picked up falcon today
As stated before, it is a great tool for tech-chasing. After an Uthrow or Dthrow, use it in the direction that you think your opponent will roll in. It covers all of your opponents teching options unless they roll behind you. Learn to tech chase. Read teching patterns. Read DI, because for many players, the direction they DI in is the direction they will tech in. Oh, and I read somewhere in the Compendium of Knowledge that the direction an opponent first techs in, is their natural teching direction.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
but thats so obvious

i di in one direction and tech in the other
always works to get away from tech chasing peoples

and if that doesnt work
jab

or

raptor booooost

practice_mAn

Smash Journeyman
As stated before, it is a great tool for tech-chasing. After an Uthrow or Dthrow, use it in the direction that you think your opponent will roll in. It covers all of your opponents teching options unless they roll behind you. Learn to tech chase.
Yes this is true! Side B is really good.

A really good way of using this tool would be on a flat land for example final D. I did this on mute city to a fox... check it out

Uthrow/Dthrow them. If they ever reach the corner of the level, you run to the corner and side B towards the stage.

You should side B right as they hit the ground so that no matter where they tech they get hit... I think even if they tech behind you they get hit.

I'm pretty sure this covers all teching options, but the occasion rarely ever occurs, as better people tend to stay away from the edge, knowing that it is easy to be tech chased near the edge.

Remember, I did this to a spacey after a uthrow. This won't just happen after a throw, this could happen after you up air someone. They could fall near the edge of the level and tech, that's your chance to forward B towards the stage!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
NEVER ASSUME. Always try to react. Don't assume because they DI a certain way they will tech a certain way.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
use side b a lot when people are way better than you

and you wont hit all the techs, even with a perfect one, just 3 out of 4 options
arent there 5 options?

dont tech
tech in place
get up attack
left
and right

when you get up attack dont you get inviciblitlty frames?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
don't tech is a predecessor to get up attack.

the options on a tech are

don't tech
tech in place
tech left
tech right

if you chose don't tech, then there are 4 options once you regain control of your character

get up attack
get up in place
roll to the right
roll to the left

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Haha. I said "many players." Then, as you guys have said, you learn to use DI and trick the tech-chaser as you get better. I should have said "lower-level players."

@ Big D: It's true that you have to let one fly sometimes. I've seen many vids where Falcons chase with a stomp and guess wrong, but when they guess right.....wow.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master

don't tech
tech in place
tech left
tech right

if you chose don't tech, then there are 4 options once you regain control of your character

get up attack
get up in place
roll to the right
roll to the left
ah thats right
sometimes it just seems like you can do the getup attack so fast tho its like another option
button mashing a always seems to work lool

Scar

#HarveyDent
hey scar remember when u asked me why dont i play samus anymore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGh4ZU4H5Hk
lmao no i asked you why you DID play samus... EVER. shes like the worst char
hay scar i didnt thank u for.

making it to semis giving me probably

the easiest semis match at a big tourney ever

while m2k was playing armada

mango was playing scar 2 get into finals
**** you it was either me or raistlin

im gonna kill you on the ride to smym
honestly no johns about falling asleep at herb lol, there was a coffee machine right outside with cream and sugar. it woke me the **** up :)

VA police are f*gs though
WTF NO ONE TOLD ME

noodles

Smash Champion

don't tech
tech in place
tech left
tech right

get up attack
get up in place
roll to the right
roll to the left
if you dont tech you have another option to stay there. you could also wait for the reset and use any of the 4 options you posted if you react fast enough.

Alukard

Smash Hero
lmao no i asked you why you DID play samus... EVER. shes like the worst char
same **** lol

btw ... i'm not going to smym so jesus can team with m2k ... so i guess ur going to need to get urself a teammate ... maybe darkrain ?? also **** for me in doubles =]

Scar

#HarveyDent
same **** lol

btw ... i'm not going to smym so jesus can team with m2k ... so i guess ur going to need to get urself a teammate ... maybe darkrain ?? also **** for me in doubles =]
thats so gay

im supposed to team with m2k jman is supposed to team with darkrain

if jman teams with m2k i'm taking my controller back bc he blows

good **** skyheart regurgitating eggm's analysis

Top Bottom