• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Scar

#HarveyDent
What? midnight? the hell??
yeah they started pools at 7pm, pools of 10 people LMFAO so it took 4-5 hours

then they barely seeded singles bracket and i played my first match at 12am

at least it was against cornell my favorite falcon of all time, that set was mad fun

anyways i have 100000 johns about HERB such as dealing with VA police and picking up stranded friends and consequently having 4 hours of sleep which would have been 100% fine if brackets started on the same day as the tourney

but whatever g-reg was there, quote of my life, "He did like two filthy G-Reg combos to me."

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lol I saw that set. Sleepyk and I were doing our pathetic Falcon dittos and Hax and G-reg sat down to do their tourny set right next to us. We stopped playing to watch them shame us lol. Hax ended the second game with a combo to double knee off stage, it was pretty ridiculous.

And Herb pools sucked. I had the death pool: M2k, Alukard, the Doug, Full Metal, and then they threw in Hax at the last minute -_- It was awesome though, cause I got to Falcon ditto Hax for a while. Playing M2k's Sheik was not fun. I'm never using Falcon again in that matchup. It's too hard and gay, that tech chase chain grab stuff is bs.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
lol I saw that set. Sleepyk and I were doing our pathetic Falcon dittos and Hax and G-reg sat down to do their tourny set right next to us. We stopped playing to watch them shame us lol. Hax ended the second game with a combo to double knee off stage, it was pretty ridiculous.

And Herb pools sucked. I had the death pool: M2k, Alukard, the Doug, Full Metal, and then they threw in Hax at the last minute -_- It was awesome though, cause I got to Falcon ditto Hax for a while. Playing M2k's Sheik was not fun. I'm never using Falcon again in that matchup. It's too hard and gay, that tech chase chain grab stuff is bs.
Welcome to Falcon vs Sheik lolll.. it's worse than Ganon/Sheik haha.

skyheart

Smash Lord
here's the thing, looool, the tournament would have been **** if

1. It wasn't all the way down in NC pass 'virginia'

2. If they didn't start pools at 7.

3. If they didn't put 10 people or more in pools...

4. If I were awake.

This was by far the worst trip I've ever taken. Even though I don't go to tournaments really. This is making me to not want to go even more. Especially big/far tournaments.

Oh and trucidlor, looool, good job in our pool, you were tolly the beeeest. haha

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
yeah herb 2 was ran horribly just like the first one. 10 people per pool lolllllllllllllllllllll

but i did get to meet/play hax, scar, and g-reg. so it was aiight.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
here's the thing, looool, the tournament would have been **** if

1. It wasn't all the way down in NC pass 'virginia'

2. If they didn't start pools at 7.

3. If they didn't put 10 people or more in pools...

4. If I were awake.

This was by far the worst trip I've ever taken. Even though I don't go to tournaments really. This is making me to not want to go even more. Especially big/far tournaments.

Oh and trucidlor, looool, good job in our pool, you were tolly the beeeest. haha
Ya from what I've heard from people it was pretty much that. But you should not base yourself on that tournament to not go on other tournaments.. there are really good TOs out there which will get the job done.. go to Pound 4. Plank did a good job at Pound 3 overall even though there was lack of staff.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
How viable is a nair vs a fox/falco into ?dropzone? knee. idk if i'd call it a dropzone cuz your not throwing them, but i've seen falcons do a nair and then just run off and knee spacey's quite a few times. Is it just the space animals screwing up, or is this something that should work?

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
So this topic doesn't seem to be much about Falcon questions anymore.
So here's a statement:
Falcon utterly destroys Samus to the point that there's pretty much nothing she can do. If any of you guys lose to me or Dark Mike or Alukard or Watty or anyone, you're doing it wrong, and you should ask NES n00b how to do it right.

EDIT: ok and right as I post that someone actually asks a question hahahaha

DrewB008

Smash Lord
tempest nair to runoff knee is something that you should never rely on, but when the moment is right, you'll know, and you go for it

i dont think i've ever pulled it off on a spacey though

spaceballs give me some intensive samus training at smym

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Basically you run up and nair just in front of her face then run away, and then sometimes you mix it up and nair the spot you know she's going to wd back to then run away, and then other times you just run away.

Then once she's been poked enough that nair gets her in the air, you uair through everything she can do in the air and knock her all the way off the stage, then edgeguard (which is way easier than most people think).

And yeah, Big D we'll definitely get a bunch of those in this weekend.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
playing watty is different than other samuses though

he takes the fight to you, you dont get to choose when you nair him cause hes jumping at you and dairing

and i'm not very good at doing stuff without completely committing so those spaced nairs will give me trouble

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
What about my avatar that secretly references what happens if you use mindgames on people?

Falcon related note: Sh upair/bair to waveland on platforms *****. Especially if you edgeguard with it. Pretty sure it's faster than l-canceling for follow ups at certain %, and you can fastfall it off the stage on most stages and recover.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
gamerguitarist i dont know if uthrow nair ever really combos, but i start uthrowing around 30 and doing uair usually but nair sometimes works too

you can dthrow nair at really low % as well when they dont DI/DI in, but yeah generally tech chase if they DI away

sheik i have no idea about any %'s it seems different every time i play her
thanks for answering lol. this thread has lost it's Q&A purpose it seems.

How viable is a nair vs a fox/falco into ?dropzone? knee. idk if i'd call it a dropzone cuz your not throwing them, but i've seen falcons do a nair and then just run off and knee spacey's quite a few times. Is it just the space animals screwing up, or is this something that should work?
that's one of my favorite things to do, you just have to know when it's going to work. and it's not really them screwing up becuase it usually happens when they DI the nair away which i believe is what they should do in most cases

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
that sounds like something ss would do and then miss the followup but the crowd would go nuts anyway

arcnatural have you worked on your antibowser game at all
If your talking about RoM, then no I do not need to work on my antibowser game :p.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
hay scar i didnt thank u for.

making it to semis giving me probably

the easiest semis match at a big tourney ever

while m2k was playing armada

mango was playing scar 2 get into finals

and also

thanks 2 jman/cactuar for losing

making my life alot easier

=D

Alukard

Smash Hero
hay Scar I Didnt Thank U For.

Making It To Semis Giving Me Probably

The Easiest Semis Match At A Big Tourney Ever

While M2k Was Playing Armada

Mango Was Playing Scar 2 Get Into Finals

And Also

Thanks 2 Jman/cactuar For Losing

Making My Life Alot Easier

=d
Lmfaoooooo

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
man I been on a road trip with no internets.

But yea really nice job Scar at genesis.

more to say when I have more time lol.. falcon just ***** lol.

Hax

Smash Champion
honestly no johns about falling asleep at herb lol, there was a coffee machine right outside with cream and sugar. it woke me the **** up :)

VA police are f*gs though

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
feeling fresh and hydrated with sleep is much different than feeling very tired and drinking a coffee to wake yourself up.

hax no johns opinion canceled:chuckle:

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
im talking about when i BEAT YOUR MARTH IN A SET WITH BOWSER AT ROM

not that i think it would happen again
I only remember the Dreamland part where I thought I was up by like 2 stocks then I magically got ***** (gimp and good DI by you? I think). No johns though I consider myself a good friendly player.

Falcon related note: Sh upair/bair to waveland on platforms *****. Especially if you edgeguard with it. Pretty sure it's faster than l-canceling for follow ups at certain %, and you can fastfall it off the stage on most stages and recover.
More people get at this.

And more Falcons start wavedashing OoS on pillars, get with the metagame people.

PS: Wavedash OoS through Fox to turn around jabs is decent, even on CC as long as you mix it up.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
i wd out of shield fsmash sometimes, its pretty cool

yeah arc i beat you on fod, you won on story (the one im supposed to win on) then i won on dreamland

i remember i won because you had to get up, and then i ***** jiano with bowser right afterwards

Top Bottom