• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC — BANishment — 10/17/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I've never played you in singles.

I just remember you all red-faced in doubles when I went MK after you CP'd MK.

Then you started yelling when we won that set.

+10pts for memory.

@Kidd—

Go to OOS tournies, that's what I do—mainly NC, everyone there plays MK. Only MK player in GA is Desu.

You won't get any legit practice in SC regardless of whether or not he's banned.

But, you've only been to ~2 tournaments this year, anyway... so, there isn't much practice to be had with that kind of attendance in the first place.

SC complains and complains, but everyone here is so inactive that it doesn't matter, anyway.

I've actually been to a tournament each weekend for the last eight weeks, and I've posted each time in the SC threads to let people know. However, nobody ever jumps at my offers, so if there is anyone to blame for a lack of tournament experience, it's yourselves, not BANishment for having MK banned.

I'm also going to NCSU on Sunday, so, once again, if anyone wants to ride and has gas money, let me know.
devin i usually go with you to just about every tournament. im definetly the third most active sc smasher out there. i havent gone last two weeks because i was on vacation, you really hurt my feelings man. >.>

Sorry Snap, gotta stick up for my teammate. I dislike people also crutching on MK... well actually I like it, becaue usually I crush them ^.^ anyways, I didn't try to be a douche Snapp, you're the most bro-ish SC smasher IMO.
both of you guys just settle down. killers just being an ******* and hes your friend, so i understand why your sticking up for him. thats fine. but i mean, you guys are trying to make this personal. everyone just needs to step back and take a breather.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Philosoraptor: im going to walk in there with a big boom box playing house of pain's "jump around" and just punch every NC guy i see

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i just played some fun matches with bo on wifi. anyone else want to play? i have a lot of free time...lol

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
DDD vs snake is like 60:40.
@Impact: Yup best out of 3
@Fiz: Actually, I wanted Rag's number o_0 (and we should play wifi)
@Stingers: We should play wifi. Any idea when?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Well...Seems I'm probably not going. But of course, it was to be expected. My parents are going to the wedding and I can't really ask my grandma if she'll take me. So Yupz.

@Sushi and Stingerz: I wanna play wifi T.T

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'd feel awkward asking my grandma. It just won't feel right. >.>
I mean, if I ask her I know she'll say yes, but I don't want her to feel forced to do it.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol i love the stagelist here

fd,bf,sv only. ddd doesnt have to deal with yoshis or lylat

if ddd bans brinstar, the only actually unfavorable stage is lylat. lol

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I think the stages are fine. O.o I don't think they should really make a huge problem of anything.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
uhhh...

well whatever, your loss >.>
On the other hand, I could ask my brother to take me, but after that he has to work till about 1 AM and my Grandma would get lost trying to get to this place so I can't even do that. It never just simply works out.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
@Kidd—

Go to OOS tournies, that's what I do—mainly NC, everyone there plays MK. Only MK player in GA is Desu.

You won't get any legit practice in SC regardless of whether or not he's banned.

But, you've only been to ~2 tournaments this year, anyway... so, there isn't much practice to be had with that kind of attendance in the first place.

SC complains and complains, but everyone here is so inactive that it doesn't matter, anyway.

I've actually been to a tournament each weekend for the last eight weeks, and I've posted each time in the SC threads to let people know. However, nobody ever jumps at my offers, so if there is anyone to blame for a lack of tournament experience, it's yourselves, not BANishment for having MK banned.

I'm also going to NCSU on Sunday, so, once again, if anyone wants to ride and has gas money, let me know.
It's true, I've been away for a very long time. However I intend on coming back for multiple reasons. I miss the game, miss the tournament experience, now have a job so I have money, and soon I'll have a readily available source of transportation as well. It will be good to be back. I'm still mainly a Peach player so watch out haha. =) I'll just schedule off of work like everybody else when tournaments come around. We'll have to play again sometime, okay?

theAPExp

Smash Ace
he's saying kack
that this is a great stagelist for characters with cg's
and i had some time on my hands so i figured i'd explain why : P

it nulls yoshi's right out of the usual standard neutrals
leaving fd, a stage where there's nowhere to avoid grabs but the ledge
sv, a place with one platform
and bf, depending on which cg guy you play and who you play against,
you'll prolly ban this to give you a favorable stage right off the bat for the neutral

now assuming one of these characters screw you i'll explain a lil to my knowledge/opinion of what might go down.

if you're playing against a ddd brinstar is your best/only bet. but he may ban that leaving you no real cp and it'll kill you in a 5 game set

if you're playing a falco, you pretty much have the entire cp list as some sort of hate on him. so pick your fav cause he'll most likely stick to the neutrals, and you should ban one of these unless you're...

ic's. then you'll stick to sv and fd too. the cp list doesn't have anything that really stands out as pure hate, some annoyances, but what seems to be the worst cp is brinstar and you'll most likely ban it or bf to avoid getting platform camped on the neutral or as a cp.

oli doesn't exactly cg, but everyone knows grabs are the staple to his game. without rainbow or japes, which imo are the 2 worst stages for oli, he's left with a free ban that is normally spent immediately on one of these. he does well on all the nuetrals so you should expect him to ban something like frigate and maybe delfino. delfino has some bad and good spots for him, but frigate is just bad or normal, so expect frigate to be the likely ban.

and pika too, people forget this lil yellow demon has a strong cg game on several people. and is rather versatile for stages. you'll prolly want to ban fd if you're one of the few who get destroyed by this rodent. for counterpicking you'll prolly want to pick a stage that allows you to avoid the cg without hurting your game or strengthening another aspect of pika's. bf isn't a bad choice, but pika may ban this like climbers do to take it out of neutral and as a cp.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
You make good points. But I still don't think it'll be so tourney breaking just to leave those stages out.
I mean, You have Frigate, and Brinstar, Both take care of IC's, Falco can chaingrab mostly anywhere, and same with Oli's grab combo's.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
oh. i'm not disagreeing with you kack
it's not tourney breaking
but it does make certain matchups harder or more limited anyway

i really see oli as coming out the best with this stagelist
although you lose yoshi's on the neutral, which has it's lucky moments

zCasanova

Smash Lord
One more day.

Make sure you guys try not to bring big bills, I don't want to spend too much time searching for change.

I'm going to break a few myself to have change for everyone's door fees and whatever's left will help break entrance fees.

Who's going to be that guy that pays me the $2 door fee with a twenty-dollar bill?

... Snap.

Then there's that guy who pays in quarters.

... 8bit.

"It's all I have!"

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
Very true. This applies to Ryan and I, since we are so inactive, tourney-wise. We really don't have much right to dictate what the general SC Brawl rules should be.

Devin, I got a proposal for you in the spring since you go to tournaments. I'll talk to you about it Saturday.

KillerSOS, I'll see if Ryan is interested in the doubles MM. I'm definitely interested. I'll confirm it by this evening. No MKs right?
My teammate plays MK so... yes MK's.

Feel free to play him as well. I'll play Olimar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom