• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
David, thanks for clarifying and letting me know.

In the event that the tournament is really this weekend and David can't team up with me, Caleb, I was wondering if you could team up with me since Dante is teaming up with Josh.

Thanks.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I really doubt it's this weekend guys.

I might team with Josh if he goes to this. Otherwise I'll just see if there's anyone the day of the tourney that's looking for a partner.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Huy I don't go on aim much but if you need to reach me email is probably the best choice which is cablecho57 at gmail.com. you can text me too if really need also. As for teaming I probably will being teaming with my friend Juan unless he can't make it

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Caleb, thanks for letting me know. :)

As for teaming, I'll guess I'll just team with anyone that needs a partner.

How should we advertise this tournament?

Last year, the flyers worked very well.

I actually didn't go on Smashboards often last year, so I just found out about the tournament like 45 minutes before it started by reading a flyer as I walked back to my dorm after breakfast. LOL. :chuckle:

SomeRandomKid

Smash Cadet
Sorry AJ, it's a shame we did not have more tournies when you were here =(

DSF/Nezumi will be the hosts. I'm just scouting for possible attendees.

SomeRandomKid

Smash Cadet
That would be a good idea since that is how we got most of the people last time. Perhaps we can borrow AJ's and do some editing for the flyer. I'm too lazy -.-

Hopefully we can get a venue soon. I just remember a lot of them costing quite a bit (too much for a small tournie). If anyone knows a venue where we can have about 20-30 occupants, please contact me or DSF/Nezumi.

I'm pretty sick at the moment, otherwise I would be able to better help for the search for the venue.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I am sorry to hear that you are ill at the moment, Bright.

I hope you get well soon.

I was thinking we have the Loma Pelona Center as the venue just like the UCSB tournament last year. :)

Also, which events do you plan on entering, so I can update the list?

SomeRandomKid

Smash Cadet
Thanks.

I will probably be entering Brawl Singles and possibly Doubles. However, I have to go to my cousin's wedding this weekend, so I will not be able to attend if it is this Saturday.

Loma Peloma would be nice, but if I remember correctly it cost quite a bit of money as well. I think the only reason that venue could of been afforded was due to the funding the tech club received plus the venue fee. As of now, I do not think there is any connection between the Smash community and Tech Club, except maybe Dante?

CableCho57

Smash Lord
Yeah last time there was about 15 ppl for melee but another tourney was on the same day. I think there are ppl people from Oxnard that will come this time around like lovage etc

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
That would be a good idea since that is how we got most of the people last time. Perhaps we can borrow AJ's and do some editing for the flyer. I'm too lazy -.-

Hopefully we can get a venue soon. I just remember a lot of them costing quite a bit (too much for a small tournie). If anyone knows a venue where we can have about 20-30 occupants, please contact me or DSF/Nezumi.
I made a poster? I don't recall. well if I did go right ahead and use it. And this is why I started the Video game club...you can get the Ucen for 3 hours for free...and I'm sure no one picked it up since I'm still getting e-mails by the OSL staff bugging me to renew it.

I was thinking we have the Loma Pelona Center as the venue just like the UCSB tournament last year. :)
Keep dreaming kid... Bright is 100% right. it costs ~$1000 for only 4 hours and an additional $100 for every hour over that. the venue fee was purely to make sure we had AV equipment (which is extra and not included in the figure I just gave) and to make sure we had enough food for both the LAN and the tourney

Gishnak

Smash Ace
Is this tournament happening? When/ where? How many people?

You need to hammer out these details real soon if you want more people to come (ie myself, at the very least)

∫unk

Smash Master
hey yo if me and warp go to sb on saturday could someone hold a smashfest

we can bring 2 setups with us

we way way prefer brawl but we'll play melee too

we just need someone thats willing to host us

Dantarion

Smash Champion
If you guys come to SB I will try to show up wherever.
Unfortunately I can't house or host, and no one I know can either.

I could ask Stephany if a few people could come over and play Brawl on Saturday at her place, but idunno, I don't wanna ask her to have people over at her place that she doesn't know, theres already two CRT TV's in her garage, and 1 wii.

But she wants to see higher level smash play :D

∫unk

Smash Master
hey bright says its cool to play at his place on saturday

bring ur girl and u there and whoever else

get cencal combo'd

edit: honestly we could probably pick you up or drop you off if its late but please please please TRY and find some other way to get here cause we dont need a longer drive lol

edit2: actually we might go to smashtoberfest or whatever so it might be friday afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom