• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
The only person from that club that I was in contact with was gosu, but he's gone now. I'll have to aim him and ask him for some way to contact the person in charge now.

WarpStatus

Smash Apprentice
We have both brawl and melee players that go to cal poly. I think there's one brawl player that goes to Cuesta, but hes been inactive lately.

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
lack of a single leader in the sb melee community is :(
That's a bummer. I leave and look what happens. Dante step it up son

The only person from that club that I was in contact with was gosu, but he's gone now. I'll have to aim him and ask him for some way to contact the person in charge now.
I'm in the dark with ya. My former boss stepped down too cuz he was also a senior. I'm not sure who is picking it up this year. and don't bother with AIM. I no longer have an internet connection. I'm at the library posting this.

Last year's tournament ran smoothly with the Melee tournament, Brawl tournament, and the Lan Party on the side in separate rooms.
Well thank you. it was my first time TOing a joint brawl/melee tourney.

and technically the smash tourney was the side event...we had to pay them to use it...what do you think the venue fee was for. I'm still kinda bummed I didn't get to play that much starcraft

...and I miss you guys <3

CableCho57

Smash Lord
hey dante what about talking to some old peeps at san marcos high? that venue a couple years ago was awesome.

and does anybody know what happened to julian/sweetxignorance? wasnt he going to attend ucsb?

Foopmaster

Smash Cadet
Everyone good and cool already graduated from san Marcos so I doubt that will happen again lol. I've been having lots of fun with Brawl+ but I dont have anyone to play with :( If there is a smashfest I wouldn't mind playing melee again (rusty as all hell though).

∫unk

Smash Master
u like seeing the spacing of one move over and over?

the only hard part is i cant turn around in the middle of my run like i can in brawl looool

SomeRandomKid

Smash Cadet
There might be Brawl/Melee biweeklies coming up in UCSB, with the first one possibly coming up within the next 2 weeks. I will keep this thread up with more info when I receive it. If its hosted on a Saturday, about how many people will come? They are debating whether or not to do doubles. I want to get an estimation on about how many people want to come (list the events you want to enter) and whether or not you guys want Doubles (either game).

Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles
Melee Singles
Melee Doubles

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I'm down for

1. Melee Singles
2. Melee Doubles

Dante or Caleb, please tell me one of you is lending me one of your spare GC controllers (and hopefully team up with me for Melee Doubles).

I feel so helpless without my GC controller from home. :(

Let's keep a running list of how many people plan to come if it is hosted on a Saturday.

Melee Singles:

Huy

Melee Doubles:

Huy

∫unk

Smash Master
if there's brawl doubles and warp goes i'll do brawl doubles brawl singles melee doubles melee singles

lets have 64 singles i can beat dsf in that loool

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
Hmm depending on which Saturday. Im down for melee singles and doubles (i would need a partner though)

lol 64 singles sounds awesome

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I need a controller and a partner.

Caleb, Dante, David, anybody?

Melee Singles:

Huy
Junk
David
Caleb
WarpStatus

Melee Doubles:

Huy
Junk
David
Caleb
WarpStatus

Brawl Singles:

Junk
Warp Status

Brawl Doubles:

Junk
WarpStatus

N64 Smash

Huy
David
Junk

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
Ill partner with you Huy. As for a controller my roommate brought a couple extra but they arent that good i might just bring one anyways.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Thanks, David.

Are you a student here at UCSB?

I was just wondering where do you live so I can come over to test out which controller is the best one for me (so you don't have to bring too many controllers from your roommate to the tournament).

Also, do you have a complete Melee set up at the place you live so I can practice before the tournament?

Dante, can you let me borrow your spare controller to test which of the controllers between David's roommate and yours is the best (I want to borrow your spare controller over David's roomate's controller if possible if it ends up being better than David's roommate's controller)?

Thanks.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Bright is still confirming the location.

ShinGaruda, which events do you plan on entering so I can update the list?

I think my post got deleted for some reason so if I accidentally double post, then I apologize in advance.

EDIT: I did double posted. :(

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I will be able to make any of them. But if you really want to know, I wanna take part in Brawl singles, as long as I can take part in 64 friendlies.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Melee Singles:
Huy
Junk
David
Caleb
WarpStatus
Dante

Melee Doubles:
Huy
Junk
David
Caleb
WarpStatus
Dante

Brawl Singles:
Junk
Warp Status
ShinGaruda

Brawl Doubles:
Junk
WarpStatus

N64 Smash
Huy
David
Junk

Dante, I actually really need to test for the best GC controller because at the last Smashfest we attended, the only controller I could win with Peach was David's controller. :)

But you are correct in saying that a Peach main doesn't need a really good GC controller relative to a Fox or Falco main. :)

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, I still don't have a controller to use so I may need to borrow one as well. I hate being a moocher. I'm down for Brawl singles at the very least. I don't think I'm competent enough for anything involving Melee so I'll hang back for awhile there. If someone needs a partner for Brawl doubles, I'll do that, but I can't promise being very good. Quite the opposite actually.

Melee Singles:
Huy
Junk
David
Caleb
WarpStatus
Dante

Melee Doubles:
Huy
Junk
David
Caleb
WarpStatus
Dante

Brawl Singles:
Junk
Warp Status
ShinGaruda
Qmann

Brawl Doubles:
Junk
WarpStatus

N64 Smash
Huy
David
Junk

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Also David, I wanted to clarify.

When you said you would "bring one anyways," do you mean that you don't have any spare controllers and you are just bringing one controller for yourself, or do you mean you already have one controller for yourself and you are bringing a spare one for me?

I need to find a spare GC controller ASAP. :(

Caleb and David, how often do you log into AIM? :)

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
I meant ill bring a spare anyways. just in case you really cant find one.

I am a student UCSB btw. as for practice im not sure if i can even go because if its this weekend i doubt it. (gf coming up to visit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom