• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarpStatus

Smash Apprentice
We can wait I don't really care, I just wanted more time available to possibly play the new SB people. Also the bus sheen is taking gets to sb at 7:30 so that makes it pretty tight... try to rearrange hours maybe? =/.

Crookers

Smash Cadet
I'm living in the Santa Catalina dorms, which are like just outside IV (if you didn't know). TBH, I don't even know where santa ynez is. But I'd love to brawl you.

@Warp I'd love to go to a smashfest, i have no idea where Bright's house is though.... i'm hoping its close or something though, cause I don't have a car.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Cho you gotta start checking your pms or something lol. or at least pm me your cell #. you missed out on some melee last weekend because I couldn't contact you outside of pms.

WarpStatus

Smash Apprentice
I can give you a ride if needed so no worries about that. The thing is though, I'm not sure when I will get there, other than at the latest it will be around 7:30pm.

I have the address so just pm me if anyone else is interested and I will send you it. I'm not sure what time its starting I should know by later today if Bright will tell me.

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
santa ynez is of off el colegio towards storke rd.

edit: i just realized you live right down the street from me haha.

@dante: around what time in the afternoon. i have class that day and im still getting my schedule together.

WarpStatus

Smash Apprentice
Bright said you guys can go to his house whenever on Friday, just wanted to say that. Stay long enough so I can play you guys though =P. (unless you need a ride then i guess we'll get to play no matter what)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
santa ynez is of off el colegio towards storke rd.

edit: i just realized you live right down the street from me haha.

@dante: around what time in the afternoon. i have class that day and im still getting my schedule together.
after 1 and before 5pm ( I gotta be somewhere at around 5:15). if you're down let me know. you can pm me, post in this thread, IM me (check my profile), or call me at (805) 252-9553. I'd have to go to your place, since I live a 20 min. drive away from campus.

oh yeah and welcome to Santa Barbara and the SB melee community. Population: growing.

Crookers

Smash Cadet
DrAwesome: You do live right next to me!!!! Haha we definitely need to brawl or something sometime. Are you gonna try and go to the smashfest this weekend?

Warp: I pm'd you :)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
ok then. If you're willing, pm me or post your address. I'll stop by in the afternoon. either that or give me your # so I can call you that day and you can give me directions.

∫unk

Smash Master
New sb ppl play me on wifi

I'm not coming back to sb for around 3 months so I can only play you guys wifi until then (rehabbing a injury)

Ima destroy warp this weekend looool

you guys will get very good we have a great community

once I get there you'll have someone that's willing to smash pretty much any day any time lol

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I got a few SBCC people who want to start smashing it up daily too.
They are worse than be but willing to learn.

This weekend is gonna roccck!

Crookers

Smash Cadet
Sounds good everyone. I'm excited to hear that there's a cool smash scene up here. I can't wait.

I'm sorry to hear about that injury Junk; I don't know what happened but a 3 month rehab doesn't sound fun. I'll definitely try to play you on wifi.... once I get a tv, haha.

Hopefully I'll see you guys on friday.

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
**** it crookers i was gonna say we should smash today but you dont have a tv...

@dante: tmr is a no go because i have class from 2 to about 4 and by the time i make it back to the apt it will be much later (i dont have a car and kinda live far from the main campus) you're going to the smashfest on friday though right?

WarpStatus

Smash Apprentice
Seriously cho? it's like two posts above you. Anywho pm me if you need the address.

Also bright has no melee stuff so bring setups or cubes/wiis with melee

Crookers

Smash Cadet
Aaaaa, **** man. Yea it sucks, i haven't been able to smash at all cause I dont have TV. I have been scouring craigslist though. So hopefully soon. We could always smash at your place though, unless you dont have a TV also.

I guess we'll just have to wait til friday man.

WarpStatus

Smash Apprentice
We need tv's if anyone can bring them. I have one I'm bringing, but i'm not sure when i'll get there. Bright has some tv's but they may or may not have a slight bit of lag.

SomeRandomKid

Smash Cadet
There will be some HD TVs there and one standard definition TV. Some people complain about the lag, some people do not feel the lag. So feel free to bring TVs if you want. I personally feel that the lag is miniscule (for brawl, like 8milliseconds or so). Also, I do not have a melee setup, so melee people will have to bring that themselves.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I'll try to make it. maybe around 2-4 lol. I don't have lots of time on Friday.

oh yeah and just post the address warp.

wait will this smashfest run later? like after 7pm? if so I can make it then....

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
actualy dante if you come at one i can smash for like an hour or two. Sry my schedule has been messy this past week. but one is good. PM me for address.

SomeRandomKid

Smash Cadet
For anyone coming over to my place, you will have to call me so I can open the gate. My number is (818) 251-6853.

Sorry for the late post. Kept getting some error while sending in the message.

SomeRandomKid

Smash Cadet
I have never tried playing melee on a HDTV. For the most part, most people I asked do not feel the lag. We currently have 2 HD tvs and 1 standard. A 4th will be coming at around 730 (warpstatus).

Also, I'm not sure how many melee people are coming, so I do not know if you will have people to play with until later in the night. No one in my apartment can play melee well. We suck bad at melee, but we are decent in brawl.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I left my GC controller up in San Jose, CA and I know this Melee Smashfest will probably be "Bring Your Own Controller," but is there any chance someone will let me use their spare controller?

Dante says he might let me use a spare controller if he ends up showing up which will be around 7PM.

Thanks.

SomeRandomKid

Smash Cadet
The lag varies depending on which HD TV I play on. I played on some very laggy ones before and some not so laggy ones where it did not seem to affect my gameplay. I don't really have a problem making a transition from a HD tv to a standard one at my place.

CrashOverride

Smash Cadet
So the Smashatorium is open again at 6765 Trigo Rd. Apt A in Isla Vista. Anyone who wants to smash feel free to come over anytime and bring your friends. Yeehaw and such. Melee only, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom