• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SB/SLO Smash: You've just activated my trap card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
If we have as many people at the lan party as we did yesterday at Cape's place, 3 should be enough, 4 would be the most I could see us needing. If we only have 2 it's gonna suck.

dakattack101

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm a freshmen at UCSB. I came from Norcal... I always wanted to be in a competitive scene, but I never found people to play with, rides to go to places, etc. As such, I never got that great at Smash, never really broke through the scrub level (I could consistently beat my friends, so never really had an opportunity to improve).

I haven't played Smash in a long long time (at least like 5-6 months, 1-2 years since I regularly played), but I sorta want to get back into it. Is the competitive scene here pretty solid? I'm probably gonna go to that LAN party people mentioned earlier.

Anyway, if someone wanted to help me out, that'd be awesome. :)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Hey I'm a freshmen at UCSB. I came from Norcal... I always wanted to be in a competitive scene, but I never found people to play with, rides to go to places, etc. As such, I never got that great at Smash, never really broke through the scrub level (I could consistently beat my friends, so never really had an opportunity to improve).

I haven't played Smash in a long long time (at least like 5-6 months, 1-2 years since I regularly played), but I sorta want to get back into it. Is the competitive scene here pretty solid? I'm probably gonna go to that LAN party people mentioned earlier.

Anyway, if someone wanted to help me out, that'd be awesome. :)
brawl or melee?

dakattack101

Smash Rookie
The only one I ever got decent at was Melee. My main was Marth, but I dropped him and started playing with Peach a lot more. It was kinda difficult to get better with Peach because I couldn't practice a lot of techniques on my friends (especially when downsmash spamming sufficed...). Anyway, I played Brawl, but never got that into it. But I'd be down to play whatever Smash really.

ismokeherbz

Smash Journeyman
The only one I ever got decent at was Melee. My main was Marth, but I dropped him and started playing with Peach a lot more. It was kinda difficult to get better with Peach because I couldn't practice a lot of techniques on my friends (especially when downsmash spamming sufficed...). Anyway, I played Brawl, but never got that into it. But I'd be down to play whatever Smash really.
never play brawl again, you'll be much happier with yourself :)

DanteFox

Smash Champion
well we're gonna be playing melee at the lan party, so bring a controller and be prepared to play melee. :lick:

oh yeah and welcome to the ucsb melee community. :)

dakattack101

Smash Rookie
Haha, okay. No brawl then. I wasn't really a fan of it anyway.

Looking forward to playing, its been so long. :)

dakattack101

Smash Rookie
Hey you guys I was wondering if there's a video game store in Goleta. The only thing I could find was Game Stop in downtown SB, and I'm lazy and don't wanna take the bus. I wanted to know if there's anything closer (I live in FT btw).

PS: Gosu Engineer, what engineering are you? :)

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I believe he is Chemical since I recall him asking if this one person needed a 110A book.

I agree with Caleb and ismokeherbz.

Just play Melee only.

Do you have a spare controller I can borrow for the LAN Party, dakattack101?

dakattack101

Smash Rookie
Haha sorry I don't. I actually wanted to know where a video game store was around here so I could go buy one. Haha xD

So what year are you? How's ChemE been?

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
I am a second year Chem E major.

I lived in FT last year and San Rafael Hall this year.

So far Chem E has been difficult (with a lot of memorization from Organic Chemistry and long problem sets from Chem E 10). :(

I actually pulled an all nighter on Thursday night doing Chem E 10 homework from 6PM Thursday to 9 AM Friday and somehow managed to go even with Caleb, Dante, Josh, Cape, Ryan, David at the Smashfest on Friday. I beat Joe once and lost to him like 7 times.

I guess I don't need sleep to play Melee well. :)

But now I feel somewhat tired.

I might take a nap after dinner.

I am going to dinner right now actually.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
Hey you guys I was wondering if there's a video game store in Goleta. The only thing I could find was Game Stop in downtown SB, and I'm lazy and don't wanna take the bus. I wanted to know if there's anything closer (I live in FT btw).

game crazy in the calle real shopping center. You're gonna have to take a bus either way, unless you wanna walk a few miles past the airport, past hollister, and across the freeway. look it up on google maps or something. you'll end up taking the 11 and transferring to some other bus.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
or I guess if you have a bike, you could technically bike there too. it would still be kinda long, but nothing ridiculous. Just call the store in advance to make sure they have whatever it is you're looking for.

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
whoops... been away for awhile

I was chemical. but I'm nothing now since I graduated and gone

So far Chem E has been difficult (with a lot of memorization from Organic Chemistry and long problem sets from Chem E 10). :(

I actually pulled an all nighter on Thursday night doing Chem E 10 homework from 6PM Thursday to 9 AM Friday and somehow managed to go even with Caleb, Dante, Josh, Cape, Ryan, David at the Smashfest on Friday.
Dude...you think Chem E 10 is hard....wait til 110ab and 120abc...I liked chem e 10...

and organic won't come back to haunt you til 172

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Andrew, do you have a job as a Chem E, attending graduate school in Chem E, etc.?

So for the LAN Party, are we all planning to play Melee at exactly 12 PM?

I don't want to show up too early and then waste time because all the Melee smashers decide to play after 12PM.

qmann28

Smash Apprentice
Are you guys all really good smashers? I realized I haven't played Melee in years and I'm only used to Brawl physics now. I have a bad feeling I'm going to get destroyed on Saturday.

∫unk

Smash Master
congrats to dsf and warp and myself for being ranked in norcal in brawl... warp and i are getting pretty consistent in teams too

step it up melee ppl

i need to step it up too im still horrible

rep it for cencal

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
Those videos were great crash. Poor joe.

Anywho, what are the details for Saturday? What time does it start/end and what not?

and congrats to the brawl guys (i guess, haha)

∫unk

Smash Master
hey so if brawl's tourney ends early on saturday me and warp will come by but it'll be later like after dinner probably

we might bring a setup but if you guys could post if you need 1 more on saturday or not thatd be helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom