• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Diego Lovin' - Triweekly XXXII - December 1st

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Oh, wow. That's really nice of you. I appreciate that a lot.

I live in El Cajon. I will PM you my address if you're still down to help me out.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Yeah that was really fun and I felt like I learned a lot. Thanks to everyone who came and played today.

And onionchowder, when would you like it to be?

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
TDK is probably just as hungry for smash as you onionchowder. As long as you set a date for a UCSD smashfest, he will come to it
*TKD

ycz12

Smash Ace
Gonna be in San Diego over winter break too. Will need to see what my schedule is, but anything onionchowder goes to I'll probably be at.

onionchowder

Smash Journeyman
Any day now 'till Thursday, or between Christmas and Jan 6th. Evening works better for me, but I can probably find my way over in the afternoon.

Where would it be? The Lodge (or w/e it was called)?

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
I don't know what works best for ycz, but thursday would work pretty well for me. And yeah, it would be at the same place (the lodge). Not sure who else would be able to come, but I am willing to give rides to whoever needs it.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Yeah good games the other day, was fun. Emmet you are really starting to improve, I'm glad to see that. Each time we play you surprise me with little things. Nick I think you have improved since the last time I played you as well. You had some tricky dash dancing, that was nice. Your movement looked a lot better overall, so keep that up. Now continue to work on spacing, move choice, and technical skill. It will all come with more practice. Wretched, I hope we can play again before you ship out. We barely got any friendlies this time qq

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Josh. I'm glad to see that all the time I've spent practicing is finally starting to pay off. I have to compliment Nick on his dash dancing as well. Even though you missed a few rests when you played puff, I was still impressed with your performance in doubles.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Just some shout outs from Monday:

Gold Dart: Geez, you've gotten really good. It seems like even since thanksgiving you have improved a lot. You're movement is great as always and I am going to have to take some notes myself. It's always nice to see someone play low tiers so well. (Oh and you're ic's ****ed up everyone too.)
I found that it was really fun teaming with you with our puff/kirby combo. haha

Wretched: I was really impressed by your falco. Especially against my marth. Your shield pressure was really solid, as well as your edge guarding and spacing. It had this really nice aggressive, but smart style. Also, it was definitely worth driving you as your advice on the way back was extremely useful. Oh and thanks for tolerating my inability to simultaneously navigate and talk smash. haha

Sizzle: Firstly, thanks for not getting too pissed at me for resting/forward smashing/back airing you for no apparent reason when we were playing doubles. (This applies to everyone who teamed with me, but Sizzle especially.) It's always cool playing with you because you have great stories about the old days and great playing advice. You really seem to know the fox/puff match up and you ran circles around my marth, so I definitely want to play you again soon.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Haha yeah, I'd like to think I know how to play puff v fox because Bryant is the person I practice with the most. Though knowing how to play, and actually executing it are far different haha. I don't think I took a match off of his puff for months at first lol. Next time we have a smashfest I'm going to bring my recording stuff and just let it run the whole time so we can get some good footage and make a montage or something. I've always wanted to do that, but I always forget lol.

wahwah judd

Smash Rookie
Hey, is anyone going to the lodge today to smash? I'd like to stop by and play some games if anything is going on.

wahwah judd

Smash Rookie
I'm free today so I can cruise by whenever. Do you have extra sticks? I lost mine from moving earlier this year.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
I think I do, though I think they might be at my girlfriend's house, so I'll need to ask her. Tenatively, I could be there around somewhere from 3 to 3:30 approximately, but this will depend on car coordination as well as when my girlfriend gets back. I'll let you know a set time as soon as possible, but I'd guess 3:30 or a bit later as of know.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Sorry, for the double post, but I found the other controller and it looks like I can be there around 3:45. I have a set up by the way.

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
anyone down to smash tonight?

say, 6 at the lodge? i'm free earlier it's up to whoever's down. i'm down to drive elsewhere too, doesn't have to be at the lodge. right now i don't know if anyone's down so if you are, please call/text me. 562-412-2200

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
It was nice playing you Judd yesterday. It sucks what happens to your gamecube, but considering all the rust your fundamentals are still good and you're tech skill was surprisingly fresh. Feel free to come to any more smashfests, I have a feeling you'll get back to where you were pretty quickly!

Today is my dad's birthday, so unfortunately it won't work for me tonight, but how about saturday or something? Maybe we could get a decent size smashfest going?

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
I might be down to play at the lodge tomorrow, but I'm not sure what my schedule will be like yet. Today just doesn't work for me though.

ycz12

Smash Ace
onionchowder and I are in Mammoth until Christmas, hence the not playing today. A lodge Smashfest on the 27th or something would be cool though.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
ycz: Sounds good. I am determined to get a salty rematch from you this break after you almost JV 5'd me with falcon last summer. (Maybe I'll get lucky and you'll almost JV 4 stock me instead? haha)

Gold Dart: Yeah I'd like to come over. Though, unfortunately it appears I am going to be occupied from 1:30 to around 7:30 or so. If any of the remaining hours in the day work for you, then I could come over then though.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Oh shoot lol, I just realized I am going to be in chicago from like 26th to the 29th. damnnn....
[Oh and I assume this doesn't work for you either but before 1:30 works too. I realized my phrasing wasn't very precise.]

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hey san diego, i have a quick serious question. How safe is downtown san diego at night? I'll be coming in the evening in a couple weeks from the downtown amtrak station and my hotel is walkable from there, but i was wondering if i should just get a taxi.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
hey san diego, i have a quick serious question. How safe is downtown san diego at night? I'll be coming in the evening in a couple weeks from the downtown amtrak station and my hotel is walkable from there, but i was wondering if i should just get a taxi.
IF, its any of the hotels within walking distance from the AMtrack (like you say) I would consider it relatively safe. Just don't walk too far east towards 5th avenue past the mall. Its pretty active there till about 8-9ish since people get off work around that time.. plus bars aren't even closed yet which are about 3-4 blocks away.. weekends tend to have more people though.

lul at me posting here giving random advice.

edit: theres also a police station one block from the amtrak.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Would anyone be down to play on the 26th? Unfortunately, I am leaving for chicago on the 27th, so I won't be able to play then unfortunately.

Top Bottom