• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
Paw to Megafox on aib:
he told me he was going ganon and he went Mk. then he wouldnt even let me stage strike, he just kept picking RC. the worst ladder experience i've ever had. DO NOT PLAY HIM.

rofl get *****

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yes I haven't agreed to MK banned tournies and I won't until the BBR-RC does. I'll follow the Unity Ruleset all the way. I'm also maining MK until he's banned for all of our Apex goers. The ban might not even happen so we shouldn't change our whole tournament atmosphere preemptively for something that may or may not happen. If Texas doesn't want to agree with Houston then we'll be independent :)

FIRE NATION OUT!

:phone:

Dojo

Smash Champion
All of y'all's logic is bad.
This...

This **** hasn't been bad with MK since like 08 and early 09 when we had like 5 MK's in top 10.

Since I've been staying low, MK in this region has been hardly a factor at all. The ONLY ones capable of doing anything are Dphat and Infinity. Sync's been improving alot lately as well but still has alot of improvement before he's a dominating force. But that's 3 out of 100+ players. Yes there's a few here mediocre ones here and there but Jesus.... this is a competitive atmosphere. Be competitive for ****s sake. Get better.

I honestly want to make it a point to time out every single one of you that I can just **** anyways because I'm a better player overall. But just to prove YOUR points, I want to plank, scrooge, and time every single one of you out every match.

The ONLY people I wouldn't be capable of doing this to are the people who are actually good enough to play against it. And the majority of these people are the ones that aren't *****ing.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
It goes perfect with the terrible reasoning of "I can't beat MK so I want him banned."

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Dojo. The "get better" argument is the weakest argument I've ever heard.
Please don't use that to support anti-ban sentiments ever again, okay?

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I liked the SA thread before it became another MK discussion thread. :<

i wouldn't even know how to begin a Nike themed pr. x_______x
Back when they did "Shaq mafia", they had things like "Scrabble Shaq", "Hungry Shaq", "Scholar Shaq", etc. Maybe you could do something like that!
Like "Approving Nike", "Mike2 Nike", "Dancer Nike", "Jpop Nike" (Nike with those big-*** headphones), etc.

Reizilla

Dojo. The "get better" argument is the weakest argument I've ever heard.
Please don't use that to support anti-ban sentiments ever again, okay?
And it's still better than anything pro-ban can throw out. Particularly in TX's case.

Reizilla

Really now? And yet no arguments have been brought up supporting that other than "you're wrong, I'm right."

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Do you REALLY want me to break this down for you?
Because I will. It just takes awhile to write out.

But to address "Get Better" for the time being, the same argument can be made for half of the levels and techniques commonly banned.

Pipes, Port Town, Luigi's Mansion?
Get better. Abuse blocks, avoid cars, and manipulate the house.

Dedede's walking chaingrab? Marth vs. Ness or Lucas? Ledge grab limit?
Again, avoid, avoid, and find a way around.

You can't support the Unity Ruleset while also supporting a "Get Better" mentality on Meta Knight, because then you have no groundings for the ledge grab limit. GIMR just made a video on "Anti-Planking" in Metagame Minute. Instead of giving characters an LGL, the players should simply just get better and find a way around his planking and scrooging.

You see what I mean? That argument just doesn't work because the reasoning behind what you support contradicts other concepts that you support.

Hell, one could use "Get Better" as a means of allowing items on high, if they wanted to.
A weak argument, mind you, but hey, that reasoning has always been terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom