• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

PyleDriver1690

Smash Cadet
Just beat Turok 2....clocked in around 24 hours without cheats....i suck...oh well...

Now if i can get off the Metal slug phase im going through....i might just start with brawl again....

Oh yeah, im joining the Air Force.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
@ mikehaze, Texas has Dojo, who's retired, then Dphat and Infinity who are usually 5/7th placers at full events and apparently their region has been holding MK-banned events already. Sync's been getting up there, but is now a Peach main because of this nonsense.

SA has Kon, who's 8th on their PR...

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i don't see why banning mk would even make sense. the people who win the majority in Texas are Diddy and Snake.

If they're beating pretty much all MK's in their region, it should show that perhaps the issue isn't remotely character selection, but rather the player.

/mike out

Helix King

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3909-7925-3850
If they're beating pretty much all MK's in their region, it should show that perhaps the issue isn't remotely character selection, but rather the player.

/mike out
I would only struggle do to my own skill, not my character. I.E., I would just need to get better

If a non meta knight, hell EVEN meta knight, beats me, It just means there is still room for improvement.
Also Pyle I LOVE metal slug too.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I don't know why Texas, the least MK dominated state, is the one that wants to get MK banned running. If mk banned doesn't become a standard part of the ruleset, I'd prefer not to do it so I don't miss out on getting MU exp

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
I don't know why Texas, the least MK dominated state, is the one that wants to get MK banned running. If mk banned doesn't become a standard part of the ruleset, I'd prefer not to do it so I don't miss out on getting MU exp
they are doing it cause there aren't any mk mains to put up a fight. but whatever, if san japan or nikefest 3 are mk banned im not going cause i would like at least a month of practice with another main before a mk banned tourny.

Nike.

Smash Hero
That's not why I decided to ban MK.
Circuit event's are using only the Unity Ruleset (this was established when the Circuit was created). No other rules.
Kyle is running San Japan with Unity Ruleset.

Suspect

Smash Hero
i don't see why banning mk would even make sense. the people who win the majority in Texas are Diddy and Snake.

/mike out
look a rare good post from mike, do come back now

Suspect

Smash Hero
Just went back and read more posts, if Texas is going to start banning mk then dont even bother putting me on the pr, cause im just gonna go inactive again. Nikefest was the only mk ban tourny i went to cause of the pr issue (and cause I thought id get 2nd :( )

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
It's because of Xyro and Zac. They're our two main TOs and both of the have pretty strong feelings against Metaknight.

Even though the only Metaknights that could beat Zac at any given time are either ridiculously good at the game or have teamed with him. (aka Dojo pretty much poops in Zac's cereal)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think anyone who doesn't play Meta Knight has negative feelings towards the character. lol.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
It's because of Xyro and Zac. They're our two main TOs and both of the have pretty strong feelings against Metaknight.

Even though the only Metaknights that could beat Zac at any given time are either ridiculously good at the game or have teamed with him. (aka Dojo pretty much poops in Zac's cereal)
Thats what I dont understand why ban mk when hes not even a problem in Tx.

:phone:

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Although MK is not running tournaments in Texas it's the idea behind banning him.
If we start running MK banned tournaments, others will soon start following because we were able to take the initiative.
That's what I think.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Okay, look at Europe. What if they were to ban MK, where Marth all but dominates already. Makes no sense. You can't fix problems you don't have.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I think anyone who doesn't play Meta Knight has negative feelings towards the character. lol.
Your opinion of the character is as skewed as Xyro's though dude. You're more open minded to what people have to say about things, but you're definitely outspoken about it.

And oi, focker, why haven't I seen you since like MLG Dallas? Come to more tournaments!

Although MK is not running tournaments in Texas it's the idea behind banning him.
If we start running MK banned tournaments, others will soon start following because we were able to take the initiative.
That's what I think.
We've tried it before. Xyro was only holding MK banned tournaments for a few months a while back and Dallas had the character banned for quite a while too, but it never caught on. The idea behind what you say is sound, but the actual execution cannot be obtained unless the BBR-RC says to ban the character in the Unity Ruleset.

Okay, look at Europe. What if they were to ban MK, where Marth all but dominates already. Makes no sense. You can't fix problems you don't have.
European playstyle is so different from ours that there's no way to make this a fair comparison. I haven't seen very many games go to time on the Smash Turnoi channel on YouTube and those guys are so aggressive that it makes the game actually fun to watch. Besides, most of their tournament top 3s are Wario, Marth and then Metaknight, so he does have a fair bit of influence :p

Unfortunately, we can't really use European information any more than we can Japanese information. The Japanese actually had Snake banned for quite a while. While I agree with you that Metaknight is not an issue on a local or statewide scale in Texas, I do have to concede that he is, statistically speaking, a problem on a nationwide scale.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I was talking to Zac the other day at the last Phase and I expressed to him that after I saw some of the tricks Metaknight players were using that I'm actually back on the fence about Metaknight. I've been considering whether or not he should be kept around and right now I think the game is still healthy with him legal. The same people are winning national level tournaments right now that were winning them at the early stages of the game; the only spots that have really fluctuated are 3rd through 8th. If you remove Ally and Mew2King from the statistics we actually have a fairly balanced and healthy game; though Metaknight is still the clear front-runner in earnings and character usage. (from what I remember from the statistics I saw)

I really enjoy playing the character and I think that any banning is a detriment to the health of a game overall, but I also know that the game may very well be healthier without him around. I don't support the idea of banning him right now, but given additional time to consider the outcome I could see my opinion (and vote, if that happens) go in either direction.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
At best at least spread out time between interviews, even though we take long as hell asking questions either way

I'd say LoL PR theme first since most of SA scene is now getting into it, and as we discussed, we need a few more Nike Memes before we do a Nike Meme PR

Suspect

Smash Hero
Only people on the pr should be able to vote :troll:

i was just looking for a metal slug online game to play on ps3....nothing :(

everyone get on borderlands *looks at prime*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom