• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ANYBODY GOING TO WHOBO 3 PLEASE READ THIS! Here are some quick last minute details you MUST know before you head out to the venue.

1. WHOBO 3 is THIS friday aka 18th aka 2 days from now.

2. The address to the venue is Crowne Plaza Hotel, 8686 Kirby Drive, Houston, Texas 77054
Hotel phone number= 1-(713) 748-3221. DO NOT CALL ME AND ASK FOR THE ADDRESS!

3. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be early. Rodeo Houston is going on the same weekend as WHOBO 3 so the streets/parking lots/parking garages will be PACKED with THOUSANDS of people. I cannot stress enough how important it is to be on time. I WILL NOT be afraid to DQ you for not showing up. I dont care if you came in from Uganda or Mars, i WILL dq yo *** if you are late.

4. Parking AT the venue will cost you 20$ per DAY so please print out this voucher and bring it with you so that you get a 10$ per day discount.

http://www.animematsuri.com/ParkingVoucher.pdf

Parking anywhere else MAY or MAY NOT cost you money but be sure to bring extra money(just in case) and please arrive early so u can get GOOD parking spots.

5. BRING YOUR ID. In order to pick up your pass/buy a pass(55$) you need an ID. School ID with your name will work. Driver license will work. Government ID will work. Passport will work. A stick figure drawing of your face will NOT work.

6. PLEASE bring a FULL setup(wii/tv/ssbb). If you seriously cannot bring a tv, please bring a wii/ssbb.

7. Here is the schedule one last time:

Fri 18th 2011
1 pm - Brawl 2vs2=20$(10$ per person)
5 pm - Brawl 1vs1 Pools=15$
12 am - Rave=free

Sat 19th 2011
11:30 am - Brawl 1vs1 Bracket
3 pm - Brawl 2vs2 Low Tier(E/F/G tier ONLY)=20$(1$ per person)
7 pm - Brawl 1vs1 Low Tier(E/F/G tier ONLY)=10$
12 am - Rave=free

Sun 20th 2011
11:30 am - Melee 1vs1=15$
1:30pm - Melee 2vs2=20$(10$ per person)
6 pm - GTFO AND GO HOME

8. If possible(no obligation), please pay for your tournament fees with 5$ or 1$ bills. It helps me make change for the people who bring 20$/50$/100$ bills.

9. Please re-read numbers 1-8.

10. If you have any questions about anything at ALL, please go here rules/fees/maps/info/livestream/twitter...ect http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287843 and then call me at 409-692-0697 if the thread didnt help you enough.

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
YESS i found my old wallet and it has my old HS id in it. thank god.

and suspect i talked about it cause people should know about it, it's supposed to be pretty good

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Could you guys link me to the hotel that we're going to again??? I need it ASAP so I can write it down for my whole itinerary. Travelling between countries can be a bit of a pain with how many questions customs wants to ask you.

Scary No-Nonsense Takes His Job Too Seriously American: Where are you going.
Me: ... (Really? No questioning tone?) Houston, Texas!
Scary No-Nonsense Takes His Job Too Seriously American: ... What's your business in Texas.
Me: I-I'm going to visit some friends for Spring Break. There's also this video game tournament taking place from the 18th to the 21st. I'm staying with a friend at (such and such address) after it's finished until I come back on the 22nd.
Scary No-Nonsense Takes His Job Too Seriously American: ... ... ... ... ...
Me: o_o;
Scary No-Nonsense Takes His Job Too Seriously American: Where is this tournament and where will you be staying during it.
Me: Oh! It's at a convention called Anime Matsuri, (such and such Plaza etc.). I'll be staying at another hotel with friends from San Antonio and whatnot, at (insert location here).

--

Kid you not. Sometimes these guys will just barrel you with questions. And you'd better have the answers they need or else you may not be making it through. LOL

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
Could you guys link me to the hotel that we're going to again??? I need it ASAP so I can write it down for my whole itinerary. Travelling between countries can be a bit of a pain with how many questions customs wants to ask you.

Scary No-Nonsense Takes His Job Too Seriously American: Where are you going.
Me: ... (Really? No questioning tone?) Houston, Texas!
Scary No-Nonsense Takes His Job Too Seriously American: ... What's your business in Texas.
Me: I-I'm going to visit some friends for Spring Break. There's also this video game tournament taking place from the 18th to the 21st. I'm staying with a friend at (such and such address) after it's finished until I come back on the 22nd.
Scary No-Nonsense Takes His Job Too Seriously American: ... ... ... ... ...
Me: o_o;
Scary No-Nonsense Takes His Job Too Seriously American: Where is this tournament and where will you be staying during it.
Me: Oh! It's at a convention called Anime Matsuri, (such and such Plaza etc.). I'll be staying at another hotel with friends from San Antonio and whatnot, at (insert location here).

--

Kid you not. Sometimes these guys will just barrel you with questions. And you'd better have the answers they need or else you may not be making it through. LOL
Reminds me of when I used to go to Mexico and coming back was -always- a pain. They can never just take your driver's license or other PROOFS of citizen ship without being real harda$$es about it >< .

[oni]LoKo

Smash Journeyman
So I'm guessing everyone is just meeting today to rest up before tomorrow? or..will there be BRAWL~?

I'm leaving tomorrow, but not till the afternoon, and heading to cstat to take care of business before heading to htown and possibly be at the hotel until 8-9, hopefully sooner

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Uhm. Guys? Anyone? The hotel address??? I kinda need this to tell the Customs what I'm doing. I forget which it is.

Thanks, Tofer! Less then 24 hours until I meet you guys. Eff yeah.

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
****, really? i guess i'll just have redsky, k prime, and i dropped off at nike's tomorrow afternoon then. we had all already discussed meeting up at tofer's, but whatever works for everyone.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Yea Paw.

Tofers house is the opposite direction of I-10. My house is right next to the exit. There would be no reason for me to go all the way to his house just to come back in the same direction when we leave tmrw morning.

Is there anybody staying at Tofers that could drive to my house either tonight or tmrw morning with him?

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
Yea Paw.

Tofers house is the opposite direction of I-10. My house is right next to the exit. There would be no reason for me to go all the way to his house just to come back in the same direction when we leave tmrw morning.

Is there anybody staying at Tofers that could drive to my house either tonight or tmrw morning with him?
kon's brother will be dropping off kon, k prime, redsky, and myself at your house tomorrow. i talked to espy and he said that he'll talk to tofer about meeting up at your house since he needs to get tofer & his car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom