• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

San Antonio Brawl Thread: "K Prime's a ******" - Paw, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You also support P:M, so that's kinda like strikes 2 and 3 in one swoop.
In all seriousness, I'll see about it. Probably won't enter anything, but I'd like to help out, if possible. :applejack:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Melee and PM feeds me brawl players. Ive had to do that ever since brawl was on the decline. but notice how i still do brawl side events? its like the last of the fun stuff in this game. totally unrelated to pm/melee. Ill go ahead and change the rules to brawl anyway gonna add more stages

Zhea

Smash Ace
Well, you can't have Nike back. He's our now. Well until smash 4, and march madness, but until then HE IS OURS.

I know that the SA melee scene is interested in attending, I'm trying to find a way up myself.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yeah I'm aboot the only one that cares about wanting to go to WHOBO 6, but I'd only go if ride and housing or hotel plans. If none of that, then guess not going.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
No.
Cause nobody goes to them due to how faraway he lives, the smashfests never actually happen. Last one we went too was almost two months ago, P:M and Melee stream watching for APEX, and beros has been sick since then.
Valdens poisoned him.

Oracle

Smash Master
Texas Showdown is April 4th-6th! Featuring SSBM and SSBPM (Which will be on friday). Anybody interested in coming? I know the venue isn't cheap ($40 online, $50 at the door), but this is a great opportunity to show PM and melee off to the traditional FGC. There will be plenty of other fighting games, 3 days worth of events, and Capcom is even bringing Ultra SF4 that you can play! Registration is here

Valdens

Smash Ace
1. I definitely care about MLG Whobo and will be going.

2. I ****ing hate Melee. Melee community, the enormous anti-Brawl bandwagon they've created and everything else are so despicable. A bunch of people unwilling to try a new game six years ago have finally manifested into killing a perfectly good competitive game. It was the Melee players who didn't want to ban Metaknight, who did a **** load of damage to our competitive scene. The entire ****ing Brawl community supported Melee getting into EVO and now Melee players are just laughing at us when we're excluded.

I will personally be flying to the Midwest and decapitating Mango to revive Brawl.I will also be employing the Air Force to drop bombs on the households of every single member of /r/smashbros because they are a bunch of mindless scrubs who have never been to tournaments and parrot the words of the Melee **** train.

(sorry zhea)

3. I will keep trying to host Smashfests. If you guys want to genuinely practice for WHOBO I am certainly down.

Last edited:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Texas Showdown is April 4th-6th! Featuring SSBM and SSBPM (Which will be on friday). Anybody interested in coming? I know the venue isn't cheap ($40 online, $50 at the door), but this is a great opportunity to show PM and melee off to the traditional FGC. There will be plenty of other fighting games, 3 days worth of events, and Capcom is even bringing Ultra SF4 that you can play! Registration is here

Oracle

Smash Master
Just trying to be inclusive idk what yall are about. Besides brawl is dead probably bout time you moved on :troll:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Valdens is pretty spot on for most of it.
Also, the Smash subreddit is god awful. The amount of meatriding and circlejerking that goes on is unreal. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Lemme be the first to say what Valdens is saying is even funnier cause of his avatar possibly saying it in a squeaky duck voice.

I'd like to do WHOBO 6, but even if I have money to do tournaments for honestly the next year if I wanted too, I wanna save that money for more important stuff like a Wii U or 3DS. Valdens espy and I having interest isn't enuff.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Real talk, I highly recommend you look into a yob at Wally world. Either that or at one of the nearby places like that KFC. A small job will get you started if nothing else, and getting paid will feel good.

Also, I wanna play Brawl now. **** me.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You gotta be super proactive about getting it too. Wal-Mart will take you as long as you show that attitude. That means calling back periodically about your application status, asking about interview dates, going into interviews properly dressed, and knowing what to say when it comes to answering questions.

I'm kinda tempted to go back as a cashier, actually. Sometime later though, once I finally get back on my feet a little. :applejack:

Last edited:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Not knowing what to say screwed me over for Wendy's last year.
Applying for Shoe Carnival despite barely know jack **** about shoes may not go well at all.

Hell, didn't realize I haven't tried for Sea World or Six Flags. Also sporting the City of San Antonio in another tab.
I want that income.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom