• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

samus' rep

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ironically I do great against Top/High tiers(Snake, MK, Olimar, Falco, Marth and so on) but suck *** against low ones(Sonic, Jiggs, sometimes Ganondorf). Depends on who I'm playing, too.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
see i do great against olimar,rob,d3,zss ect but i SUCK against mk :( and i can safley say that im the best teams player samus in the midwest
I just brawled with an Olimar, R.O.B., and ZSS tonight. It was the same person. R.O.B. is fun to fight, though!

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
alot of these posts are cool but alot are just egotistical spam/flame too. can we all act like adults before this thread gets banned please?

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
You didn't attend the same tournament as Sago, did you? You didn't brawl with the same people as Sago, did you? That you got fourth place and Sago got seventh is determined by these, as well as the number of people who attend the tournament. There was around thirty or so people in the tournament you attended, correct? How many were there at the one Sago attended, and was Sago doing singles or doubles or both? Please don't think of any of this as bickering, KingChaos. I've actually been meaning to discuss this to get it out of the way. And you and I aren't the only ones who think ditto matches don't prove anything.

In the Peach board, Niko doesn't think so, either and he and Dark.Pch were going to do a money match. The thing is, Niko thought it was pointless, since he doesn't think ditto matches don't prove anything. The question of whether or not ditto matches proved anything was also brought up in the Tactical Discussion.

TAC might think it proves something, but in all seriousness, one person plays one way, and another person plays another way. It's just different styles that are being used against each other, but both characters have the same techniques they can perform. If ditto matches meant anything, I would be among one of the best, since I have brawled with so many different Samus mains since the release of Brawl. They don't mean anything, though. Maybe to some people, but not to me. (Why else do you guys think I discontinued that thread of mine on who was the best Samus?)
Well yes Dryn me and Sago went to the same tourny and yes we both fought one guy in particular in losers bracket named Falco400 Sago lost.Then Falco400 played me and I beat him.Me and Sago played 1 offline ditto but I was destracted by the host behind me to get to my next tourny match.Next time Sago we money matching xD.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Im going to go ahead and go against something that I've been preaching for a while: wifi isn't worthless.

This dude in WA did nothing but wifi and got 1st at his first tournament then got 3rd at our "regional" (...only 58 people showed up >_>). Granted he has a different main but still, pretty impressive imo.

And... I want to see IsmaR vids.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
The way I see it is, if you aren't able to make it to tournaments to play with pros, playing with real people on wifi is better than playing with a cpu. Personally I don't play on wifi, but my brother does and it doesn't seem to mess up his game as much as I would expect.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Im going to go ahead and go against something that I've been preaching for a while: wifi isn't worthless.

This dude in WA did nothing but wifi and got 1st at his first tournament then got 3rd at our "regional" (...only 58 people showed up >_>). Granted he has a different main but still, pretty impressive imo.

Ya, i definetly agree with that. at first me and wi-fi mixed like water and oil and now, i really like it. if it wasnt for wi-fi, i would only know the falco matchup cause thats my friends main. now i know a little about everyone. not to mention that i have improved alot because of the practice.

Crystanium

Smash Hero

I don't think anyone is saying Wi-Fi is worthless, Rohins. I use Wi-Fi all the time, and that's the way I have gotten better. It's just that Wi-Fi does not offer an accurate picture of skill.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman

The way i see it is WiFi is a differnt game, if i wanna play brawl ill go to my friends house but if i wanna play wifi then i stay home. It depends on the lag you get to determine the skill, and the connection colors dont mean much. I have a person on my list who is green but i have more lag with him than i do with someone who has red connection. WiFi helps you with matchups but your going to lose to scrubs who have no sweet clue how to play the game. *has a few stories*

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
lol I find some noobs difficult because of the randomness they use at times.I'm used to the way skilled players play that I treat them the same way and it doesn't work as well lol silly noobs.Also a BIG THANK YOU TO WIFI because without it no way I would be nearly this good. But at the same time wifi isn't a great accurate skill lvl shower of some people I may play and beat that may do better against me offline; but goes both ways maybe I will beat them offline but lost to them online. Regardless I think it can be agreed wifi is excellent practice especially in learning some crucial match ups.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

<333 you Rohins.

I used to have some up, but a friend of mine was being a **** and deleted my crew's youtube, along with any videos I had up. I got another friend of mine to upload some, but none of Samus. I did, however, recently get some more recorded(by the same friend and sent to me) for a crew compilation vid, and will get them uploaded to youtube sometime soon. 2 of them have the most epic spikes ever. <3 I'll get back to you on that, you can find some random vids of me on youtube right now though.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
-personal progress-

im doing pretty good as of lately. although i must say my butt hurts from that rapping dark peach just handed me. *butt stings as i sit down*

EDIT: after just watching him beat snakeeeeee i dont feel so bad ha

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Dark Pch. Johns too much. I don't particularly like him he is ok last time I played him I ***** his face off but w/e he just lag johned even though connection was green. But don't feel bad Crews because peach is hard for samus just I have got lots and lots of match up experience in that regard.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Dark Pch. Johns too much. I don't particularly like him he is ok last time I played him I ***** his face off but w/e he just lag johned even though connection was green. But don't feel bad Crews because peach is hard for samus just I have got lots and lots of match up experience in that regard.
Green connection does not mean it's good connection. You'll probably hear about how people have played in red connection and it wasn't so bad. I mean, it's not like red connection will always be good, but a green one doesn't mean it's good, either.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I've played more Peaches than most people have played matches. I know the match-up down to the milliseconds, right to left, blah blah blah. Gotten just about every kind of KO possible on her too(Screw Attack while one was floating near the top of the screen, setting a Morph Ball Bomb down that eventually blew up a Bob-omb that the Peach plucked, N-Air/Z-Air edgeguarding, etc.) Getting owned that many times by good ones apparently payed off as I lose to her very rarely now.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Dryn trust me the connectios was good. For the most part the connection dots go by button delay not spike lags.I have green dots that are very spike laggy...ugh. But no green dots that are button laggy never have.Also IsmaR that is a good example of how match up practice helps a lot in supposedly bad match ups. For the most part I do not play west coasters or like to because of the heavy button delay when I do.

Samus Aran X

Smash Cadet
IMO, the character depends on who uses it. I personally rep the characters that inspire me. Wolf, Fox, TL, Zelda, MK, Ness, Lucas. and now I'm on to Samus. I don't care if she 's rated under Sonic or Ganondorf, I'll still be using her. I've been on Team Battles on wi-fi and i've combated alongside/with another Samus. I saw several Samus' a few times, but 1 per match. Some were just copying me cuz I was owning with her, and I think the rest was by just one person who also favoured Samus. If I sucked with her, I would never denigrate her reputation. She has an amazing background with her and it'd be a shame to lose to an annoying sonic who keeps mashing the B button. So I train with her and polish the rough diamond named Samus until she's a sparkling gem with me. I only main the characters who have an amazing story behind them. Samus deserves to win against some blue berserking hedgehog or some red-hatted jumping fool.
So I do. I win with her. On occasion, my partners are complete waste or my opponents are pure annoyers (Pit and Sonic namely) in which case I fail. But I don't like being beat by some angelic character who arose from a game with 2 frames per hour. So I keep on fighting.

Samus' (+Zamus) rep ftw.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
he wasnt to johnny when i faced him, he has a great peach, think the best. He was mad wheni beat him though :\.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
I bet he was mad my brothers peach was harder so i can't say he is best.Maybe he was just playing bad when he played me I dunno. He left after 3 matches so yea...

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Dryn trust me the connectios was good. For the most part the connection dots go by button delay not spike lags.I have green dots that are very spike laggy...ugh. But no green dots that are button laggy never have.Also IsmaR that is a good example of how match up practice helps a lot in supposedly bad match ups. For the most part I do not play west coasters or like to because of the heavy button delay when I do.
Button delay is properly called "latency." I don't know what a "spike lag" is.

Anyway, you were brawling with Dark.Pch, and he lives in New York, so it's not like you were brawling with me, because in that instance, we could start talking about how we can't do the best that we'd hope for, since we live so far apart. I don't know. :ohwell:

I bet he was mad my brothers peach was harder so i can't say he is best.Maybe he was just playing bad when he played me I dunno. He left after 3 matches so yea...
I don't think he even thinks he's the best. He didn't feel like he was going to do well at CoT4, and he said Niko could do better.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
right dryn and what i mean by spike lag is the crappy stop go stuff that is the worst.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
well, as of lately I have been doing pretty well. Got my bum handed to me by dark peach again but I saw that coming. Well, that's about it for now. Oh and nanerz to charge shot is the best combo in the world LOL

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
It's all about shad->zair->3:16 Nana reverse glide toss combo->dash grab

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
-update-

can i just say that g&w is my favorite matchup as of now. i just pwned some g&w and it was the most fun i have ever had. can anyone say two stocking.......on a side note, im surprised that samus still has that "surprise" factor aganist some people. some people still aren't used to the matchup and it clearly shows. so ya, thats about it for now.

oh and congrats (again) dryn for mod status. i see your using your sticky power already hehe

........samus ftw.................

linkvoid13

Smash Cadet
My favorite compliment is "You're the best Samus I've played, I didn't think she could beat my (insert high tier char) ."

My favorite matchup would have to be Samus v Snake, I have fun ruining the placement of their explosives.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
-update-

im getting better but i have much to learn still. today king chaos happily handed my butt to me as expected AGAIN lol. i never knew that uair to fair combo'd but now i know. ill get u next time kc, ill get u next time.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
-update-

im getting better but i have much to learn still. today king chaos happily handed my butt to me as expected AGAIN lol. i never knew that uair to fair combo'd but now i know. ill get u next time kc, ill get u next time.
psst, you can sdi out of it.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
uh huh also Xyro I use your Xyro combo often its especially effective on chars like marth or that general fall speed its like they have no choice if you know where to place the zair.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
at low %, you can dthrow from that "combo" into a sliding/dashing up+b. its especially nice if they try to airdodge after the dthrow and get hit by the up+b anyway
uh huh also Xyro I use your Xyro combo often its especially effective on chars like marth or that general fall speed its like they have no choice if you know where to place the zair.
see? my combo revolutionizes samus!

Top Bottom