• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| S.Q.U.A.T. V | DEC 12th/13th | Results to come |

Select all answers that are true for you (You can select more than one answer!)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sieg

Smash Champion
But I love talking you up.

Just like that time we saw those black kids playing DDR at Grand Plaza lol.

Why don't you ever run about with your skill lol. Zac did that all the time and he pretty much trained you. You should be more like Zac sometimes lol.

How did you **** up your keyboard? lol.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'm really sorry about you guys not being able to get accomodation.
It's just the way things panned out.

If you guys can think of anything else I can do to help you, let me know. I'll give you my phone number soon, Muzga, and we can sort things out.

Sirias

Smash Champion
I just don't lik it, I don't lik bing upstuck about ho good I might b at somthing.
launting, that's th od.

Cb using kyboad to typ ltts I can't typ, lolll impossibl to undstand.
Hahahaha.

Ahhhh...
I'm lik Timmy.

Th ally is a good plac to go clubbing, but its totally slzy.
And unlss you ha ak IDs, you can't gt in.
Clubbing is oat (lol, cant typ mo than hal th od). Lam.

$10 to ho can ad all o this ithout nding to stop and ty to igu it out. =]

dit:

Oh, I bok it by stabbing it ith a pn. Lol. =]
Si Zac taught m, si.

dit 2:

I can hous somon o a da o 2.
Oh ait, I li in th middl o noh.
And don't ha a ca.
... GG kyboad.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Lol, God**** you and your silly keyboard.

I dunno how the clubbing is, I never really go. I'm assuming Chris is gonna drag me along at one point though lol.

I'll write it out later if you want me too, I'm at work at the moment. I wouldn't mind a small part of my 50 dollars back lol.

Also, Zac is your MASTER. loololoolololol.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
$10 to ho can ad all o this ithout nding to stop and ty to igu it out. =]
Do i get $10 now?... Kas come play smash sometime, lachlan : I should tell kas to come over for smash sometime, he wants to come here to play ddr anyways.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
well, if fox doesn't beat falco then i wtf does? Also am fairly confident my fox > than most foxes i saw on the videos you guys showed me, and i dont even main fox. But i am yet to see Kas' fox. Is there a video of it?

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
Fox's Uthrow , Uair is good against jiggs. But i have never really vsed any good jiggs so idk. Can someone answer my question please.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Only when you get better at the game do you notice the subtle differences of move usages and the thoughts that go behind them. Instead you may disregard them as 'whatever' rather than being an intelligent move.

IIRC, Falco is a top tier character. Top Tiers rarely have bad match ups.

cpahanso, who do you use in melee?
I may be up to for $5 money match =)

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i don't have avatars set to on (and it's a fair effort to go turn them on) so could you post your main for me? puhleeeeaaasssseeeeeeeeee i'll probs be up for a $1 melee MM =D

(also, wouldn't it have been easier to say who your main is rather than say "look @ my picture"?)

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
several videos, i cant remember all of them. I think i saw accelerate, bringerofdeath, DON, Berimbau and some others. That may be wrong though. Nobody has seen me play yet. But i dont know if nervousness will affect my play on the day. If i can overcome the nervs i think i have a good chance at this tourney, but you never know. I could just have over confidence lol.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Lol, ive only been to one tournament and was extremely nervous, was like shaking the whole time, played really bad. Didnt even remember half my matches after I had just played them. Hopefully it won't be like that at SQUAT, im just get nervous cuz im really shy and i didnt know anyone.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Your the only one Im pretty sure, everyone else mains high tier characters I think. Falco, fawx, marf, peach, shiek. Does Dekar main jiggs, or was he just playing it in doubles? And some falcons

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
LOL, if you can use him link is goos against 4/5 top tiers. Although i still stuggle against peach. IMO link should be higher. At least for pal because he can't be cheaply spiked as much.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
And which 4/5 are those? I assume fox is the 1/5? Also, doesnt matter if link counters them, doenst mean ur 100% going to win... just means you have a slight advantage.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
And which 4/5 are those? I assume fox is the 1/5? Also, doesnt matter if link counters them, doenst mean ur 100% going to win... just means you have a slight advantage.
link especially pwns fox. he sucks against falco, thats where my fox comes in... And yeah, i know what you mean. Just because link counters doesn't mean you will win. But i think it means he gets a higher tier than mario or luigi for gods sake.

S.D

Smash Master
several videos, i cant remember all of them. I think i saw accelerate, bringerofdeath, DON, Berimbau and some others. That may be wrong though. Nobody has seen me play yet. But i dont know if nervousness will affect my play on the day. If i can overcome the nervs i think i have a good chance at this tourney, but you never know. I could just have over confidence lol.
It's quite naive to believe you have a chance at your first ever tournament with the quality of players who will be there. I'm not saying you can't do well, I've never seen you play, but if you want to talk the talk you better be able to back it up. Don't judge players by their videos, you can only really gauge somebody when you play them yourself. Also don't kid yourself thinking Link counters Fox that's the most ******** thing I've ever heard. Just coz u can pull some sweet combos on a lvl1 cpu doesn't make it a good MU, in fact Fox wrecks link superbad.

MM me for any amount :)

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
It's quite naive to believe you have a chance at your first ever tournament with the quality of players who will be there. I'm not saying you can't do well, I've never seen you play, but if you want to talk the talk you better be able to back it up. Don't judge players by their videos, you can only really gauge somebody when you play them yourself. Also don't kid yourself thinking Link counters Fox that's the most ******** thing I've ever heard. Just coz u can pull some sweet combos on a lvl1 cpu doesn't make it a good MU, in fact Fox wrecks link superbad.

MM me for any amount :)

its like that time i thought i'd own everyone at my first, got 4 stocked by jaz's mewtwo

p.s sam come on msn

and link countering fox is ******** he gets ****ing wrecked in the ***

also ******** link *** ur gonna get owned u have no fuking idea saying that link counters 4/5 of the top tiers is ridiculous, i really dislikke your arrogance you're going to get handed real hard and feel embarassed

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Quit the flaming. He's not trying to step on people's toes, he's just saying what he believes. Counter his opinion, but don't flame. He's not doing the same to any of you.

@cpahanso: People who have been playing this game for many years at a national level dont take being told that they're wrong very lightly, so please understand :)

S.D

Smash Master
Is it only in NTSC that Fox can infinite waveshine link? That **** is the lols.

EDIT: Really though this guy seems like a pretty massive knob.
At first I thought he was funny now he just seems obnoxious. Fox can do that in PAL too, and basically whatever he wants to Link.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I believe that tedeths natural hate is the greatest thing ever and I draw my power from it.

also link is quite bad, but I reckon cpahanso can win, just like that one time I won every event at the olmypics which was pretty good since it was my first time doing all of them.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Don't i remember you guys bagging out a certain TL player from perth_? Not to defend this dude because i've never met him + i hate smack talk_ IMO just leave the smack to how you play on the day_ Talking yourself up too much makes you a giant arse target just waiting to be shot down_

Looking forward to seeing you all at SQUAT_ 4 days till i fly out!! >_<

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
the difference here brsk if you had been bothered to read into it a little bit, is that that certain TL player was regulary going to tourneys and winning them, this guy however, as I understand it, has never been to a tourney and has judged us on vids alone, which I find highly amusing rather then insulting.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Yeah i know Luke i read the posts_ I see i even fooled you into my clever trap_ Link will never be TL, and Link in melee needs some serious beef to be bragging about beating top tier chars_ One thing i learnt is don't throw your weight around unless you can prove it, especially in melee_

Feel so old when i think to myself 'god i hate kids'_ My mate yells at them and tells them to go back to school_ **** it's sad getting old_

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Could you stop talking me up, Michael? Lol.

Also why are you nervous of me, Dave? I suck. And I haven't been playing at all either, only a few games of Brawl.
If you hate the thought then you should play a low-tier, I'll go Mewtwo! =]

Omg I destroyed my keyboard. Using on-screen keyboard to type 6 letters, lolll.
q, w, e, r, f, v, are all screwed. :C
Sighhh.
I would honestly love to just both meet in the grand finals and call it quits and split the winnings. No more stress. And play Boozer or Fox in teams. But...

Unfortunately it's looking less and less likely I will be making this. My money went to the Japanese economy. No regrets, I has lots of clothes that fit well!

Sieg

Smash Champion
I would honestly love to just both meet in the grand finals and call it quits and split the winnings. No more stress. And play Boozer or Fox in teams. But...

Unfortunately it's looking less and less likely I will be making this. My money went to the Japanese economy. No regrets, I has lots of clothes that fit well!
That money has gone to a better place.

Kas.

I'll give you 20 bucks if you win and you only play Fox <3.

cpahanso

Smash Apprentice
When i said that link is good against alot of top tiers i said that its only if you can use him correctly and that both player are equally skilled. Seriously why does everyone think link is gunna get pwned? Has anybody actually played a decent link rather than a lvl 9 link? Aniki beat ken twice with his link against marth in the jack gardens. Also, link sucks in brawl, so if thats what you mean then ok. I'm talking about melee in case anybody didn't notice.

EDIT: The point I am making is not that link is going to win the tournament, he should just get a higher tier. And when i said that i thought i had a good chance at this tourney, i didn't mean a good chance of winning. I just meant a good chance of doing well, of coarse i don't think im going to win.

2nd EDIT: Im not sure, but i think if the waveshining is not done perfectly it can be escaped.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
I've only played Kas' Link in which he beats me, however I'm 200% sure that he worships Young Link and admits full heartedly that he is a much much better character =)

But yeah, looking forward to see your link in action =D

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
When i said that link is good against alot of top tiers i said that its only if you can use him correctly and that both player are equally skilled. Seriously why does everyone think link is gunna get pwned? Has anybody actually played a decent link rather than a lvl 9 link? Aniki beat ken twice with his link against marth in the jack gardens. Also, link sucks in brawl, so if thats what you mean then ok. I'm talking about melee in case anybody didn't notice.

EDIT: The point I am making is not that link is going to win the tournament, he should just get a higher tier. And when i said that i thought i had a good chance at this tourney, i didn't mean a good chance of winning. I just meant a good chance of doing well, of coarse i don't think im going to win.

2nd EDIT: Im not sure, but i think if the waveshining is not done perfectly it can be escaped.
waveshining is not even hard to do on link a few of the foxes attending will even be able to dair u at the end of the last one and waveshine you all the way back the other way aswell unless you sdi. There are so many free frames involved in waveshining its really simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom