• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
"Banned (6 Points)"

WOW, that was fast.

Taking a break from Rune Factory Oceans. It feels a bit discouraging when you lose to a boxing alligator with an Australian accent named the "Oblitergator" over and over. :<

NECROMASS

Smash Cadet
Probably from losing to Rich Brown at MLG Dallas and Apex 2012...

Whistle is just... dabess...

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
So... Resident Evil Revelations and Tales of the Abyss 3DS coming out over the next week or so.
Eye am excite!

SethT

Smash Ace
Just watched Buccano. An older anime made by the same guys who did Durarara. Short and sweet (around 9 eps iirc) and it keeps you lured in with so much mystery.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
anyone have a good anime to recommend?
I would reccomend you my top 2 favorite animes:

1.- "Ore No Imouto Ga Konnani Kawaii Wake Ga Nai" (My Little Sister Can't be this Cute). (It's a Slice of Life with an interesting plot that only gets better every episode, excellent animation and soundtrack, great character development, very funny, and also very short (15 episodes). It's very good if you want to watch something funny, nice and short.

2.- Kaiji (Oh man, this one is quite a ride, haha. Imagine that one day, you had a debt of 100 Million dollars. And every month you need to get 1 million, or you're going to have some awful problems.... What would you do? That's how it starts. Excellent character development, and the show knows how to make you go "OMG, I would have never thought about that!!". So many plot-mindgames. It's a very serious (All the characters are males, that's how serious the show is!) show which basically explains how basic, us, the humans are. This show is a bit violent by the way. There's no mercy in this show!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
anyone have a good anime to recommend?
Genshiken, Clannad, Ouran Host Club, Durarara, Serial Experiments Lain, Excel Saga, etc. etc.

Genshiken - Slice-of-life comedy anime about a group of Gaming/Manga/Anime/Cosplay otakus.

Clannad - Drama/Comedy, can make you cry man-tears

Ouran Host Club - Mainly a comedy, can be REALLY funny at times but you have to put up with a lot of boring near the end

Durarara - Slice-of-life/action/comedy/whatever, the characters and story are really interesting

Serial Experiments Lain - Drama, few characters and a rather desolate setting, but an interesting story

Excel Saga - Pure comedy, except during like... the last two episodes. The very last episode is also VERY NSFW, BTW.

Jane

Smash Hero
asa, someone in AZ has your avatar as their avatar. confused the **** out of me when i checked this thread. @.@

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
You're really lucky, Sync. You have a number of good players in your city that know the Olimar match-up.
Get them to tell you what you're doing wrong (and how they're getting in) and actually learn from it.
Then again, Razer's advice to me was just "You're good at keeping me out, but bad at dealing with me when I get in", so... results may vary based on who you ask, I guess? ^^;

Just remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. Don't give up because it's hard!

Sync.

Smash Champion
Yeah, I am lucky that I have all these amazing players. I ask what I do wrong, correct it then more situations arise and more mixups are required. It's tough but I'm just going to keep trying. It just takes a lot of Dojo-like determination haha.

Thanks everyone :) and Tofer I'm down. Take that how you want it <3

Dnyce

Smash Master
You're really lucky, Sync. You have a number of good players in your city that know the Olimar match-up.
Get them to tell you what you're doing wrong (and how they're getting in) and actually learn from it.
Then again, Razer's advice to me was just "You're good at keeping me out, but bad at dealing with me when I get in", so... results may vary based on who you ask, I guess? ^^;

Just remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. Don't give up because it's hard!
After apex I realized the the people who main your character and the ones you are having trouble against aren't nearly as helpful as those who don't play either. It's not just olimar stuff either, seemed that way for ICs, marth and sheik too, lol. Idk, maybe I'm just bad at taking literal advice and learn better when people have to use concepts to explain what their character does in the same situation and why it works. Or maybe when I hear something from the perspective of the opponent / you guys I get locked into a "this beats this" mentality instead of being creative, haha, who knows.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
and Tofer I'm down. Take that how you want it <3
:o
What an interesting development...
After apex I realized the the people who main your character and the ones you are having trouble against aren't nearly as helpful as those who don't play either. It's not just olimar stuff either, seemed that way for ICs, marth and sheik too, lol. Idk, maybe I'm just bad at taking literal advice and learn better when people have to use concepts to explain what their character does in the same situation and why it works. Or maybe when I hear something from the perspective of the opponent / you guys I get locked into a "this beats this" mentality instead of being creative, haha, who knows.
I would LOVE to play Rock/Paper/Scissors with you someday.
"Water erodes rock, fragments paper, and rusts scissors; CREATIVITY AT WORK!"

But seriously, it could also be due to the whole "third-party perspective" thing. If you're watching a match with someone playing your character, you may feel as though you want to watch your character. If someone doesn't play either, they'll be more likely to observe the important parts of the interactions between the characters rather than focusing on how a specific character uses their tools or just looking for the "good" parts, the things that your character did that worked.
I hope that made sense, because I am wayyyyy too tired to try again. XD
Would that apply to you?

Dnyce

Smash Master
Also, randomly going up to people at apex and sarcastically saying "teach me how to be good at this game" was pretty entertaining... especially if I watched them play later in the day with their reply in mind. What was really funny is, sometimes it would end up being "the best coaching advice" for them when I repeated it back in terms of the situations when they weren't playing that way.

IDK none of what I've tried to type for the past 30 minutes makes sense / can explain what I want to say....

and...

right as I wrote that I thought...

"maybe that's why it works."

***is now really salty***

I'll never learn :shyguy:

Top Bottom