• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh god, Revelations almost made my pants brown. Got to the part where you fight
Rachel
and didn't realize that you had to beat her when I fled the room.
It was so hard to have to go back in there. D:

Just drink, Squid. It's a rite of passage!
Also, DAMN YOU'RE YOUNG!

Dnyce

Smash Master
This is actually false. People hate Yoshi because he can cause the game to become very slow...

Or maybe that's just me. :awesome:
I hate Yoshi because of the noises he makes during the match. Also his jab and nair are ultra gay. Super armor on a jump is ********. his fsmash might as well be a spot dodge. Just a ******** char by design imo.

****ing horse

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
As a Kirby main, MUs aren't that important. The only way to win is to know your attacks and combos and do them wisely.

I am genuinely confused by this statement.
Are you referring to match-up numbers or knowing how to play the match-up when you say "MUs"?

If it's the former, that would make a bit of sense and I'd just assume it was just a miscommunication.

If it's the latter, I REALLY don't really know what to say. ^^;

Exdeath

Smash Master
Clover do me a favor a merge these posts. Posting from psp with character limit. Nevermind, ended up getting on the desktop and did it myself X:

So I've been doing a lot of thinking. And alcohol. And Iwould like to hear the olimar board's opininion on the matter. This is a girl situation that i'm turning into a smash metaphore.

Let's say you have two regions that you are able tobe in. The fist are players that youcan place first against extremely easily among. They understand why you are good but are not fully able to appreciate it, for reasons irrelevant.

:phone:

The people of this region are "easy money" and a great community. Sometimes you don't make as much as you want, but hyey ,free cash money. The people in this region have idolized you and since she was ****in eight years old. This is option number one, and the region you are currently living in.

The other option is a region you moved from a few years ago. This community is completely different. You are not given a free ride here. You are forced to work and improve yourself to keep up. However! The people in this region understand what your qualities are. They don't just like you, but everything that makes your playstyle. This region, these players, understand you. Though placing well in this region is a game you've lost several times.

So what do you do? Do you go with the the chance? The risk of failing in the region you were in in the past just because you love the challenge and love feeling understood? Or do you go with what's guaranteed? With what you know you can for sure have no matter what, based on your known abilities? Sorry to throw this in the Olimar boards. But this was something that I've had on my mind, and this metaphore came to mind. Felt it was something you all could understand, perhaps, and what better place to ask. You're my family, after all.
What do you want from your region (challenge, improvement, success, respect, etc.)?

/Successfully resisted the pedophilic joke

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
so hilt, what's going to come out of this?

which community did you decide?

PMs are acceptable.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Avatar relevancy? Also, if he PMed you then you should keep it to yourself haha.
What he said. There might be a REASON he PMed you, y'know?
Unless he told you to announce it for him in the social, that is...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Logic is really falling off.
I used to think of him as like top fifteen player in the nation, like the SWF Rankings thread says.

But I recently beat him 3-0 in a $25 money match against my Wario.
What a joke.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
He didn't PM me about which one he ended up choosing, actually. I was just guessing.

He sent me a picture of his current girlfriend, which has no bearing on what he will choose. I asked him for the picture like a month or two ago.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Yeah, I didn't pm anyone or anything, lol. Not moving any time soon. Sticking with what I have instead of ****ing things up the same way I usually do, haha. Appreciate it, guys. Especially what you said, Sync. Was what I needed to hear.

Top Bottom